Sequel: For Diamonds And Gold

Million Dollar Houses

Chapter 15

I shoved another spoonful of cereal into my mouth. It was noon but I'd only just woken up, Justin was already gone by then, he left a note saying he had to go open the music shop but he'd see me around.

I sighed and put my bowl away then stepped outside for some air. Just when I was starting to be okay with Vic not being here he calls me and suddenly I can't stand being alone.

I sat at the edge of the pool with my feet moving under the clear water, I smiled when I remembered the time Vic made me get in the water and we kissed for the first time.

I still can't really believe that all of this is happening, I mean literally just about 3 months ago I was wiping down tables and working for ten pounds an hour. But now here I am; engaged, living in a house that's way too big for just two people and I couldn't be happier.

I find it a bit strange how I quickly warmed to Vic and I could trust him so easily. It usually takes me a long time just to make one friend but I found myself so calm and easily myself around him. I was startled suddenly by the sound of my phone ringing, I pulled it out from my pocket and smiled at Vic's picture.

"Hey Vic" I said happily into the phone

"Hey!" He replied having to speak a bit loud since there was a lot noise going on in the background.

"Where are you?" I asked curious

"Our last meet and greet, it's pretty hectic."

"Wait, your last meet and greet? don't you have, like, a week left of touring?" I asked frowning

"Well, that's why I'm calling you" replied Vic "the venue got cancelled because of building problems and we couldn't reschedule since the band have to fly to Germany so… I'm coming home early!"

"Oh my god Vic, that's great!" I smiled even though he couldn't see me. "When are coming home?" I asked quickly, excitement building up inside of me.

"In about two days? Yeah two days, there's a plane tomorrow at midnight and it takes 12 hrs to get back home so I'll try and catch that. Three days tops though" he replied

I splashed my feet a little in happiness, wetting myself a bit in the process. He's finally coming home, and I can finally see that big co- Woah! Where the fuck did that come from? I quickly shook away my dirty thoughts and got back to talking to Vic. We didn't talk for long though since he was at a meet and great but it was enough to put me in a good mood until he came.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my keys from the counter before slipping on my shoes which I had thrown on the floor earlier. I was in too much of a good mood to stay at home so I decided to go into town and maybe see Justin.

He doesn't know that I'm engaged, at least I think he doesn't, but he never asked so there's no point in telling him information he didn't ask for. I drove towards Justin's shop whilst blasting loud music, I was listening to one of Pierce the Veil's songs and I have to say they're pretty awsome.

I love Vic's voice when he's singing and you can tell how much passion the rest of the band have by the way their instruments sounds. I stopped at a red light and started singing along to the chorus of the song playing, out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone watching me.

I turned to look at the girl and she just continued to stare so I continued singing.

"I've broken bones for you and for you only, I made this money but we just can't keep this home, give me your heart and your hand we can run"

The tips of her mouth turned up and before I knew what was happening she opened her mouth and joined in.

"We can run, we can run, baby run now!" She sang out before driving away quickly, I laughed and drove away as the light turned green. Everything seems to go better when your in a good mood and it seemed like nothing could spoil it.

When I finally reached Justin's shop I parked the car and jogged to the door. Just like last time, music filled my ears when I entered and I smiled as I recognised Vic's voice singing through the small speakers around the room. What are the odds eh?

"Kellin! Hey" said Justin when he saw me, I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey" I said when I reached him "Busy day?" I asked looking around the empty shop.

"Yeah, I can't talk right now actually, there's like a massive line of customers so…" I laughed as he played along.

"So… you still didn't finish watching Avatar, you fell asleep" I said

"Yeah, but only 'cos you weren't there to keep me awake with your good looks" he said "You were on the phone for ages, who was you talking to?" He asked stopping what he was doing and looking up at.

"Oh" I smiled "I was talking to Vic, my-"

"Hold on a second" interrupted Justin as the phone started ringing,he went through a door in the back of the shop and a moment later I heard him talking on the phone.

I smiled as Pierce the Veil played in the background but eventually the song finished which I didn't mind because another good band started playing.

"Kellin?" Justin's voice shouted from through the door.

"Can you come and give me a hand?" he asked and I smiled and made my way behind the counter and through the door, glad to help.

The room was small but had two big windows on one wall that showed the outside world. There was three tall shelves full of boxes and stacks of merchandise plus a small table and a chair in the back which was piled high with sheets of papers and files.

"Can you help me get this down?" Asked Justin who stood on a small brown stool and pointing up to what looked like a heavy box.

"Sure" I replied and walked over to where he was. "What's in there?" I asked

"Oh, just some stuff someone ordered, they're on their way to pick it up right now and I totally forget to pack it all in bags"

He pulled the heavy box to the edge of the shelve and lifted it a little to bring it down, I reached my hands up to stop it from falling but failed when the box tipped to one side, all of its contents spilling all over me and knocking me to the floor.

"Ow!" I whined when I landed hard on my butt.

"Oh my god!" Justin laughed "Are you alright?"

"Oh, like you care" I glared at him but I couldn't help the small smile on my lips.

"This is gonna take a lot longer than expected now" said Justin looking around at all the things in the floor.

"Oh no please, don't worry about me, I mean I wasn't just knocked to the floor by a heavy ass box or anything" I said and he laughed again.

"Sorry" he held out a hand and I took with the intent of getting up but pulled down to the floor with me instead

"Oww!" Justin smiled

"Hurts doesn't it?" I raised my eyebrow and tilted my head to the side. He was laughing and I felt myself wanting to join in but I didn't.

"Your such a shit Kellin" he said and I smiled picking up a shirt from the floor and throwing it at him, he batted it away and smiled at me.

"What?" I chuckled as he continued staring, I noticed his eyes glance to my lips quickly and then back to my eyes and my smile faltered slightly.

Oh god, he isn't thinking about kissing me is he? I mean he isn't even gay, is he? I noticed how close we were sitting and how close his face was to mine. When did he get this close?

"Er…Justin?" I said nervously, he raised his eyebrows slightly and leaned closer to me causing me to lean back, away from him.

"Justin I-" before I could finish my sentence he quickly closed the small gap between us, pressing his lips to mine. In my head, red alarms were going off like crazy and I pushed him away in shock.

I can't believe he kissed me, why did he kiss me? He looked confused for a second and then he leaned in again trying to kiss me but I got to my feet before his lips could reach mine.

"Justin." I said as he got up from the floor, my heart was beating loudly through my chest at what had happened.

"I'm sorry if I've lead you on" I started and he sighed and closed his eyes momentarily.

"But I'm-"

"Yeah, I know; your not looking for a relationship, your not interested, your in love with someone else" he said and I gave him an apologetic smile.

"Look, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you" he said but I shook my head, this was my fault, if I had told him from the beginning that I was with someone else then this could have all been prevented.

"Justin… I'm engaged" I told him "I'm getting married, sometime in spring I think and I love my fiancée. But I'm really sorry if I made you believe that you and me…"

"Y-Your engaged?" he stuttered slightly and I felt bad for telling him this late.

I sighed and nodded my head " I did try to tell you more than once actually" I said truthfully. Every time I was about to say
something about Vic I'd get interrupted.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" said Justin "I'm such an idiot" I said mainly to himself.

"Your not an idiot, I mean you might not be the smartest but your not an idiot" I smiled and he chuckled lightly.

"Gosh, I'm really sorry" he said picking up all the fallen merchandise and throwing it into the box, I bent down and helped him and soon the floor was clear.

"I still can't totally believe your engaged" said Justin as we walked back into the shop. "He must be one lucky guy"

"More like, I'm the lucky one" I smiled

"Where is he? I haven't seen around anywhere" asked Justin packing away band shirts and other accessories into clear plastic.

"Well, he's coming in two days, he was on tour but it got cut short because of venue problems and things" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Tour? What, is he some kind of rock star wannabe?" he snickered and I frowned.

"No, he sings for Pierce the Veil, he was on Tour with All Time Low I think it was" I said, I'm pretty sure that was the bands name, I'd listened to them a few times but I always find it hard to remember the name.

"Yeah okay" laughed Justin "So your telling me your engaged to Vic Fuentes?" He didn't believe me but I don't blame him, I can't believe it myself either sometimes.

"Fine, don't believe me, I don't care. In less than two days he'll be here and then you'll believe me" I said

He raised an eyebrow and laughed while shaking his head. It didn't bother me that he thought I was lying, I was still on a high from getting that call from Vic earlier and I was getting more excited to see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter.
Chapters after this are gonna be even longer now
And for that person who wanted Kellin to accidentally cheat on Vic; your evil but I love you so… here
And I might include stuff about Vic and Kellin's past I'm not sure yet, but thank you all for the comments on this story
I love it