Sequel: For Diamonds And Gold

Million Dollar Houses

chapter 2

I stayed up all night for the past two weeks researching all I can about this victor person and I have to say I was pretty impressed. He had record company's in a lot of country's and his own band called Pierce the Veil that was on tour at the moment. If I'm going to marry someone I intend to know all about them, obviously I would rather have spent time with them first but under the circumstance I can't do that so I'll settle for stalking him on the Internet.

I had gathered a whole books worth of information, I could literally tell you anything from his daily workout routine to his least favourite kind of pie.

I had called Mr. Fuentes a few days after I had made my decision to marry victor and told him. He and his wife had thanked me and Mrs. Fuentes had cried over the phone.

I finished packing away the last of my clothes when my bedroom door opened and my sister kailey came in. I stood rooted to the spot and examined her, she had mascara and lipstick all over her face and small bags under her eyes. Im guessing she just back from work.

"I can't believe your leaving" she said her voice croaky telling me that she just woke up. She walked over and sat on my bed.

"I'll always visit and you and mom can come whenever" I said giving her a small smile, she sighed and flopped back to stare at the ceiling.

"Yeah, but will victor let you? You've never met him and he could turn out to be one of those jealous controlling pricks" I laughed lightly and sat down next to her. Mrs. Fuentes had suggested me moving in with victor so I could get to know him before we get married.

"I'm sure he won't be" I said, I mean I hope he isn't anyway.

"Don't worry, if I change my mind then I'll come straight back" she sat up and smiled at me, then leaned in for a hug. I stood up quickly and put my hands up to stop her.

"Don't, hug me when your wearing that" I said pointing at her short black dress that had ridden up at her thighs. I hated touching her when she was wearing those types of clothes especially if they had certain stains all over them.

"Oh come on, just one little one?" She stood up and started walking towards me with her arms outstretched. "Come give your sister some love"

"Kailey no, stop it!" I moved back away from her but she kept coming, I couldn't help but laugh when she almost tripped in her half broken heels.

"See what your making me do? Just get over here and hug me"

I ran out of the door and down the hallway looking for a place to hide, we always did this when she got back from spending a night with a client. She'd attempt to hug or kiss me and I'd run and hide.

I was just about to lock myself in the bathroom when I heard coughing from my moms room. I slowly opened the door and peeped inside to make sure she was okay.

"Mom? Are you okay?" I said, I entered her room and sat beside her on the bed, she smiled at me and took a small sip of the glass of water she kept by her bed. She looked so pale and tired.

"I'm fine sweetheart, have you got all your things?"

I nodded my head and moved a piece of hair that fell in her face.

"Good, I hope you doing the right thing, you know you can always back out whenever you want to. Me and Kailey will always support you" she said coughing a bit, I stroked her hair and nodded my head again. It made me so sad to see her like this, but I felt better knowing that I was going to help her. I mean how hard can it be to learn to love someone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We'd been driving for over an hour now and I already missed mom and Kailey.

"Only a few more minutes and we'll be there" said the limo driver. I looked out the window and marvelled at all the big houses and fancy cars. This guy must be pretty rich to live in an area like this, what am I saying? Of course he's rich!

After a few more minutes of driving we finally stopped outside a house that looked to be bigger than all the others in the street. I opened the door and stepped out.

"Oh, I was meant to open your door but never mind" said the driver who had also gotten out of the car, I felt myself go red and mumbled a quick sorry. I looked up at the house in front of me, to say it was big would be a massive understatement.

"Mr. Fuentes isn't here yet but he'll be back later today from tour" said the driver as he unloaded my bags from the car I nodded my head and he handed me a set of keys and smiled.

"I trust you know how to unlock a door?" He said, I nodded my head again and watched as he got back in the limo.

"Thank you for the ride" I said and flung my bag on my shoulder and held onto my suitcase tightly. He smiled and then drove away, leaving me alone.

I unlocked the door and pulled my suitcase inside with some much needed effort. I shut the door and looked around with wide eyes, I was standing in a small lobby like room with a huge set of stairs in front of me.

"Wow!" I breathed as I took everything in, I set my bags down and walked to through an archway door to the right.

"Wow" I said again when I saw the living room, it had two big circular sofa's and a TV that hung on the wall. I walked around the room looking at the photos on the walls and admiring all the decorations.

I walked through another archway door and found myself in a pretty impressive kitchen, I looked through the fridge and the cupboards and found them all full of different kinds of food and utensils. I think I can get used to this.

I walked back out into the lobby area and noticed another door but decided that I would explore later. I dragged my things upstairs and took a moment to catch my breath when I reached the top. I left my bags by the stairs and went looking around for any bedrooms. The first door that I opened was an office, it had a big wooden desk in the middle of the room and a few bookshelves lining the walls.

The second door I opened looked like a little library, I took note of coming back here to browse the books If I get bored. I closed the door and walked on, looking through the doors.

A bathroom and two small rooms that I guessed to be guest bedrooms. I came across a door that had a sticky note on it and my name scrolled across in lovely italic writing. I slowly opened the door and gasped when I saw the big the room.

There was a big double bed in the middle of the room and a sofa at the end of it that faced a small tv that was hung in the wall. I smile crept onto my lips as I stepped inside and wondered around, there was a door by my bed which I soon discovered led to a bathroom.

"Fuck me" I breathed and fell back onto the bed after I had looked around the whole room. I think I'm going to like it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
next update soon