Sequel: For Diamonds And Gold

Million Dollar Houses

chapter 22

"What?!" Vic shouted, standing from his seat, a frown on his face and fists balled up in anger.

I stared at Kailey in disbelief, after me and Vic had finally managed to get out of the pool and put our clothes back on, we sat in the living room with Kailey as she told us why she was so upset.

"Are you serious Kailey?" I asked raising my eyebrows "Are you actually fucking kidding me!"

I moved away from her, my arms falling from around her shoulders and standing up to stand in front of her.

"I-it's not my f-fault" she sniffed and I felt myself getting angrier.

"Your lying" Vic said "you are lying, there is no way Mike would do that"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean f-for this to happen" she said starting to cry again.

"Of course you did" I told her and she looked up at me in shock.

"Kellin I-"

"You did it purpose to ruin my life!" I shouted at her, "your jealous of me aren't you? Every little thing I get that brings me an ounce of happiness in my miserable life, you just have to take"

"What? No! That's not true!" she frowned

"Oh really? My first boyfriend, you slept with him after I told you I loved him, I didn't go to school for weeks. Then when I finally did go back to school you turned my friends against me, I had no fucking friends! I got beat up all the time and you did fucking nothing!"

I was getting angrier by the minute, how could she do this to me?

"I've said sorry lots of times Kellin" she stood up and reached out a hand to touch me but I swatted it away.

"I was just stupid and I was young but-"

"But that wasn't enough was it? Do you know how hard I worked for us? How much I sacrificed just to make sure you and mum were happy?" Tears were starting to well in my eyes as I remembered what I went through.

"I'm gonna go and call Mike" Vic walked out of the room and went outside, leaving me and Kailey alone to talk.

"Kells" Kailey let out a chocked sob "in sorry, I didn't want this to happen I swear" she whispered.

"I didn't eat for a whole month, I didn't have enough money to buy us food that would last long enough for the three of us" I told her "so I though that if I didn't eat then you and mum wouldn't starve"

Kailey began crying again, loud sobs escaping her mouth. I wiped my eyes before the tears could fall.

"I'm sorry, I'll make this go away- I'll stop this whole mike-"

"Your pregnant! Your carrying his fucking child!" I yelled "you can't just make that go away" I sat down next to her.

"But I'm ruining your life" she choked out.

"Yes you are, but this didn't do anything" I poked her stomach gently

"I know you don't want to get rid of it" I said quietly "and I'm not going to force you to either"

We sat in silence, Kailey sniffing occasionally and me just sitting next to her. I was still trying to make sense of everything, I can't believe that they've been sneaking around behind everybody's backs. I mean I know she's a prostitute and that the first time they slept together he didn't know she was my sister, that explains the weirdness between them when we went to have dinner with Vic's parents.

"I have to go" Vic came back into the room "band meeting remember?" he said whilst putting his jacket on. He leant down to kiss me and before he pulled away, I felt his warm breath in my ear.

"I'll bring Mike back with me okay?"

I nodded and kissed him again before he had to leave, casting a glance at Kailey on his way out.

"Does Mike know your pregnant?" I turned to her and she nodded her head.

"I told him at the Christmas dinner... but he didn't want I-It, he kept saying it wasn't his and asked me how I knew it was his since I'm... you know. but I-I haven't been with anyone else since me and Mike started seeing each other."

"Does everybody else know?" I asked after a moment and she shook her head slowly. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, I honestly had no idea what to say anymore. This whole thing is just a big mess now, I mean it was a mess from the start really, me marrying a stranger and now my sister is pregnant with her soon to be brother-in-law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Vic had gotten home with Mike it was almost midnight and Kailey was already sleeping upstairs in one of the guest rooms. Me and Kailey hadn't talked much, I wasn't in any mood to talk to her at all and I'm definitely not in the mood to talk to Mike.

"Where is she?" Was the first thing Mike said to me upon entering the kitchen where I was.

"Sleeping" I replied and went back to eating the pasta I had made.

Vic sighed and came and stood behind me, hands resting on my hips.

"It's alright babe, me and Mike talked, he's gonna fix this" Vic said softly in my ear.

"How?" I asked turning to face Mike "How are going to fix this?"

Mike sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Well, I'm going to help and support her obviously but we can't have anyone knowing about this, it won't go down well with our parents, fans, manager, band etc. So first thing tomorrow we drive down to the clinic and sort this whole mess out" he finished.

I frowned, does he expect her to get an abortion? Vic wraps his arms around my waist from behind when I don't say anything.

"You want her to abort the baby?" I said slowly and Mike looked nervous for a moment before nodding his head.

"Are fucking serious? You can't make that decision for her, what if she decides to keep the baby?" I raised my eyebrow challenging him.

"Well she can't-"

"And why not?" I asked my voice raised, he was treading on thin ice here. How dare he think he has a right to make this decision for her? Vic's arms tightened around me and he kissed my neck.

"Shh, it's okay" he whispered and I pulled him away from me suddenly not wanting his comfort anymore.

"It's not okay Vic! What makes him think he make decisions about what happens to somebody else's body? She's not gonna get rid of it just to make your life easier!" I pointed at Mike in anger, he's not the one who's gonna be carrying a baby, he has no idea what's it's like to have an actual person inside of them. Neither do I actually but... I mean I've had...Vic inside of- I quickly shook my head to wipe away the dirty inappropriate thoughts.

"Actually it was Vic's idea" Mike's now quiet voice said. Wait, Vic's idea? I looked at him with a shocked expression and he stared back at me not knowing what to say.

But Vic wouldn't have come up with such an insulting idiotic idea... would he? I waited for him to say something, anything that would let me now that he didn't but he just kept his mouth shut, staring at me with that guilty look on his face.

I shook my head in frustration and anger as I went to walk away, I can't even be in the same room as them both right now but before I could leave I felt a hand latch onto my arm and soon found that it was Vic.

"Kellin, think about it, it's better for everyone this way" he pleaded with me, I pulled my arm away from him and walked out of the kitchen, heading towards the stairs.

As much as I'm not a fan of both Mike or Kailey at the moment and now Vic, I don't care it's better for everyone, I wouldn't give a shit if it was better for the bloody country. They can't tell her what to do with her life, her body, her own baby.