Sequel: For Diamonds And Gold

Million Dollar Houses

chapter 3

I was sitting in the kitchen at the counter eating a bowl of cereal, I didn't eat much and I wasn't even hungry but I knew that I had to eat something.

I had spent two hours packing away my clothes and my things and then explored the whole house, I sat outside for a bit by the long narrow pool trying to see if I could tan which I didn't. I had spent another hour in a games room that I found, playing most of the machines and even taking a go on the mini bowling set.

I didn't get bored at all in fact after this I'm probably going to go upstairs and look around the cute little library for something to read. I finished my cereal and placed my bowl in the sink, that's when I heard the sound of a door closing.

I froze where I was and looked out through the door waiting to see if anyone would come through. My heart was beating fast, I tried to calm myself down, it was probably just Victor, the limo driver did say he would be back later from tour.

I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, nobody was there. I heard footsteps going upstairs and then a door closing. A moment later I heard the sound of a shower and I let out a breath I hadn't realised I was holding. I was a lot more nervous about meeting him than I thought but then again who isn't nervous about meeting the guy your going to marry?

I went upstairs and into my room, passing the bathroom that Victor was in. I stopped outside the bathroom door and listened to him singing, he was pretty good but I couldn't hear him properly over the sound of the shower.

When I got into my room I stood in front of the floor length mirror and made sure I looked okay. First impressions count right? I fixed my hair and then changed my top, I'm not going to lie, I want him to think that I'm attractive. I want him to think that this marriage thing wasn't such a bad idea since he'd be attracted to me.

I returned downstairs and sat comfortably on the sofa watching TV and waiting until Victor came down. It was maybe 20 minutes later when I finally heard the sound of whistling coming down the stairs. I turned and looked out through the archway, waiting. I would be lying if I didn't say I was scared as fuck.

I saw him walking towards me, he had his head down looking at his phone. My heart started beating faster than it had been already. He had shoulder length brown hair and he was shorter than I thought he'd be, I had seen a few pictures of him on the Internet but they were all blurry or too small.

He walked into the living room still looking down at his phone. Should I say something?

"Hello" I said quietly, startling him that he jumped and dropped his phone.

"Fuck!" he breathed, looking at me, I felt my eyebrows raise like they always did when I thought someone was good looking and victor was definitely good looking. His brown eyes were almost hypnotising and his bottom lip was slightly bigger than his top but it was hardly noticeable.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" I smiled, he frowned at me for a moment as if he I didn't know what I was saying and then his face changed into one of realisation.

"Kellin, right?" he asked, I nodded and he picked up his phone from the ground. He sat down on the sofa near me and I turned in my seat so I was facing him.

"I remember you from when we were little" he said, I frowned because I honestly didn't. How can I forget someone who looked as hot as him?

"I don't expect you to remember though, you were only about, 2 , I think" He smiled and I couldn't help but smile back. Oh my god, I can't believe I'm marrying this cutie I thought.

"So how was your ride here? you didn't get bored or lonely on your own?" he asked trying to make conversation.

"It was okay, and no I didn't get bored, your house is really big" I smiled, I purposely didn't answer his 'lonely' question because I can picture myself getting lonely if I lived here all by myself.

"How was your tour?" I asked

"Same as the rest" he shrugged "perform, meet and greets, interview, travel you know that sort of thing" I nodded as if I understood when actually I had no idea.

"So, urmm, about this whole marriage thing" Started Victor, I raise my eyebrow telling him to continue "You don't have to do it you know? If you ever want to go home or call it all off then just tell me". I smiled and felt myself relax at his words.
He was a nice person and I was thankful he wasn't like one of those spoilt rich pricks who thought they were better than everyone. But then again I just met him, this could all be a cover to hide who he really is until we got married. His phone made a noise signalling that he got a new message, I watched him as he unlocked it and started reading it.

I took that moment to study him without him knowing, he was cute and the way he wore that tank top really flattered his arms. Like, a lot, I'm pretty sure you could have an armgasm just from looking at them. He started typing out a reply and I noticed that he was actually quite young, why would he be eager to get married this young?

"Urm,Victor?" I said nervously, Surprising myself at how I sounded, I'm usually a confident person around other people. He looked up at me and smiled. "You can just call me Vic" he said.

"Vic, err, why do you want to get married so quickly? your pretty young" I said, he sighed and thought for a moment before replying. "My little brother Mike got married last year and he's about to have his first child in a few months. The rest of our band is in pretty serious relationships and I've been in a few myself but they almost always ended badly. I really didn't want to end up alone for the rest of my life"

He looked sad for a split second before he smiled at me.

"Do want something to eat?" He asked standing up and walking to the kitchen, I shook my head and turned to look at the TV. I could hear him in the kitchen making noise and I bit my lip to try and stop the smile that was forming there. Vic was really nice and it helped that I was attracted to him, never in my life have I thought that I would marry someone this gorgeous. I just hope that he feels the same way about me.

"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie?" Vic poked his head out from the kitchen and smiled at me, "I have a whole stack of DVDS just in there, pick whichever one you want" then he went back in the kitchen. I stood up and moved to where he had pointed next to the TV, looking through the DVDs I saw I few good movies until I stopped at a Star Wars one. Will he think I'm a nerd for liking it? I've only watched it once but I thought it was pretty good.

After some effort and struggle I finally got the DVD in, who knew that DVD players were so hard to use? I turned to go back to my seat and saw Vic sitting there with a bowl of something on his lap, I felt myself start to blush.

"You could have just asked me to do it" he laughed,

"You should have offered, I am guest after all" I said sitting down next to him.

"Your not a guest, you live here now" he said, I shrugged my shoulders and turned my attention to the screen and feeling suddenly shy. Why did I say guest? The movie started and Vic gave me a strange look when he saw the Star Wars title come up.

"What?" I asked he shook his head and shoved some popcorn in his mouth and looked back at the screen. I looked at the TV and bit my lip, does he not like the movie? He probably thinks I'm weird for choosing it.

"So tell me a bit about yourself Kellin" he said turning in his seat so he was facing me.

"Like what?" I asked he shrugged his shoulders. "Anything, brothers or sister? work? friends?"

"I have a sister called Kailey, she's 20 and I have no brothers"

"Cool, so were do you work?"

"At a cafe in town, but I'm thinking about quitting soon, its not really good pay. I want a job that pays well so I can look after my family"

"Why?" smiled Vic, "You don't have to work, I have enough money to look after the whole of Africa" he said

"So you want me to just be like a stay at home husband?" I asked raising my eyebrow, he shrugged his shoulders and and smiled, "Well, I am the masculine one"

"What do you mean? Are you trying to say I act like a girl?"

"If the shoe fits" he said laughing, I put on a mock shock expression. I was glad that me and Vic could get along this easily, it makes the whole situation easier to accept.

"I'm joking but I am more masculine than you but only because you have a prettier face so" he turned back to the TV and I was grateful that he didn't see me blush. He just called me pretty, but I mean I hope it's in a good way and not in a too feminine kind of way.

"I think I'm just going to go to bed" I said standing up, this was too much for me to take in, in one day. Moving house, getting a fiancée- who is hot by the way- and having someone call me pretty. Vic smiled and picked up the remote to switch the TV off.

"Me too, I'm feeling a bit jet lagged since I just came back from Mexico.You know where your sleeping right?"

I nodded my head and we made our way upstairs turning off all the lights as we passed them. We reached my door first and I turned to look at Vic who smiled at me with the same cute smile he's been giving me all day.

"Well, goodnight" he said, he hesitated for a moment before he leaned in and gave me a quick hug, I'm a little taller than him but that didn't really matter.

"We can go out tomorrow for lunch or something so we can talk some more" he said, I smiled and nodded then watched him walk down the hall to his room. He looked at me and smiled before walking in and shutting the door.