Sequel: For Diamonds And Gold

Million Dollar Houses

chapter 5

It's been almost a month since I met Vic and things were going pretty well, the more time we spent together the more I liked him. I'd met his brother Mike who was super nice and always really energetic, he was here most of the time which I didn't mind but I would rather be alone with Vic.

Vic can make me laugh so hard that sometimes I can't breath or he can make me blush so I look like a tomato. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't have feelings for him because I do care about him and I'm pretty sure he cares about me too but I'm not in love with him or anything, it's way too early for love right now.

"Okay watch, watch, are you watching?" asked Vic, I was sitting at the counter in the kitchen while he made pancakes for us, he turned to face me and smiled before looking down at the pan in his hands.

"Okay ready?" he asked and I smiled waiting for him to flip the pancake, he moved it up and down slowly a couple of times before throwing it up into the air. I held my breath and watched in awe as it flipped in the air once, twice and a third time before landing back in the pan.

"Wwaaayyy!" Shouted Vic, he set the pan down and turned the stove off.

"I told you! I told you I could do it" I laughed at him dancing around the kitchen, we had made a bet earlier that if he could flip a pancake three times then I'd have to do everything he says for the rest of the day.

"Now come on bitch" he started to walk away and out of the kitchen but came back when I didn't move.

"No" I said crossing my arms over my chest, I wasn't going to be his bitch all day. I hate taking orders from people and I wasn't suddenly just going to apply because I lost a bet. Vic narrowed his eyes and came closer, standing in front of me.

"I said let's go" he said in a demanding tone although I could hear the playfulness behind it.

"And I said, no"

"Kellin! Don't make me say it again, get off your ass now!"

I smiled at how easy it was to annoy him even though I knew he was probably just pretending. I slid of my seat and walked past him giving him a smile on my way out of the kitchen. I could hear him following me and soon I felt a hand on my arm, stopping me from walking and turning me around.

"Did I say you could walk in front of me?" He smirked and pulled me behind him, "Go and get me an umbrella and a ... " he thought for a moment before shrugging his shoulders "a glass of water" then he turned and walked outside.

I smiled and made my way upstairs, I know where everything is now. Its not hard to remember once you get used to it. I opened a door in the hallway where we kept all the spare things we didn't need and took out an umbrella.

Then I went back downstairs and got Vic a glass of water. I walked outside and spotted him at the far end of the pool, sitting in a deck chair. I sighed and made my way over to him, as I got closer I noticed how the sun made his well toned arms look even better than they originally are. He was a good looking man but he was also very bossy when he wanted to be.

I stopped in front of him and saw that he had his eyes closed, his long eyelashes resting on his cheeks. I was about to notify him of my presence when an even better idea came to mind. I smiled and looked down at him, he looked so peaceful and calm... Shame. I lifted up the glass of water and slowly emptied it on Vic's head.

"Fuck!" He gasped and stood up quickly, my smile grew as I watched him start to shiver. "What the fuck!?" he shouted, I laughed and a smile appeared on his face. He pulled off his wet shirt and threw it on the floor and I have to say I was totally impressed with what I saw.

"Here's your umbrella" I said and poked his belly with it so he would stumble backwards.

"No! Kelli!-" He hit the water with a loud splash, I couldn't help it, I hated when people bossed me around and this seemed like the best way to get back at him for it. He rose from under the water and I laughed harder at him.

"Your a little shit, you know that?" he said, I walked over to the edge of the pool and sat down while watching him swim. I'm not dumb, I kept my feet out of the water because I know he'd try and pull me in with me.

"Come and swim with me" he said holding on to the pool edge, I looked at the water for a moment then moved away from him a bit and shook my head.

"I'm okay just watching" I said, he frowned and then a slow smile crept on to his face.

"You can't swim can you?" he asked, I felt myself burning a deep red colour, it's really embarrassing for a person of my age to not know how to swim but I've just never really been into it. Vic moved closer and latched on to my ankle, pulling my leg out and into the water slowly.

"I'll teach you" he said smiling and I pulled my leg away and shook my head again.

"Fine, you can hold on to me and make sure you don't drown" he said, "we'll just float"

I looked at the water again, It did look cool and calming from the burning sun, I bit my lip and looked back at Vic who raised his eyebrows.

"Promise you won't let me go?" I said realising I sounded like a baby, he nodded his head and smiled.

"I promise" he said and I stood up hesitantly and removed my t-shirt and TOMS but kept on my shorts. I sat down with my feet in the water and Vic in front of me waiting.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded my head and slowly slipped into the water, grabbing Vic's shoulders tightly. He chuckled a little as I stayed close to him.

"I can't believe you can't swim" he smiled and floated away from the side of the pool, dragging me along with him. I rolled my eyes and ignored him, I don't see the big deal, I just never thought I'd need to learn how to.

"Hold onto my back" said Vic turning around so his back was to me, I wrapped my arms around him loosely as he started swimming around until I realised he was going to the much deeper side of the pool.

"Vic stop I don't like it, I want to get out" I said panicking, I tightened my grip on him until my chest was pressed against his back. This was probably revenge from when I spilt water on him. He stopped in the middle and turned to me with a big smile in his face.

"You can't swim right?" he asked and then started drifting away slowly, I held into him tighter and had the urge to wrap my legs around him. Vic laughed and placed his hands on my hips.

"Aww, are you scared?" He teased, he started moving downwards into the water, "hold your breath" he said before he disappeared under the water.

"Vic!" I shouted from above the water "Vic stop it no-" before I could finish my sentence I had to take a quick breath because Vic had pulled me down into the water with him. I closed my eyes and held by breath, clinging on to him tightly.

I felt a small tap at my eyes and shook my head, he wanted me to open my eyes? Ha! fuck no. He tapped my eyes again more desperately this time and I reluctantly opened them a little and then fully when I got used to the blurriness.

Vic smiled at me and waved, I gave a smile back and watched him as he swam around me. I kept hold of his arm and turned with him, his hair looked soft and smooth under the water all I wanted to do was reach out and run my fingers through it. Vic placed his hands on my hips and pulled me up with him as he swam back to surface. I took a deep breath and filled my lungs with air, we weren't really under for long but I still missed the air.

"I hate you!" I hit his chest lightly and smiled, he laughed and I gasped a little when I felt my back hit the cold wall of the pool.

"But you liked it right?" he asked, I rolled my eyes and he laughed again. He still had his hands on my hips and I was still holding his arms, which felt great by the way. "I could teach you how to swim if you'd like?" he asked

"I guess, but not just yet"

"Why? Are you scared?" he asked a grin on his face

"No! I just don't really like water" I defended myself

"Then how do you shower, if you don't like water?" I hadn't realised how close he'd gotten until he placed his hands on the edge of the pool either side of my head. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tight so I would stay in place.

"Can we get out now?" I asked him looking around until my eyes landed on the ladder on the far end of the pool.

"Why? Then I can't kiss you"

"What?" my head snapped to Vic and he smiled before quickly leaning in and pressing his lips to mine. It took me a moment for my mind to register what was happening but I kissed him back when it did. His lips were soft and tasted of chlorine but I didn't mind, his tongue licked my bottom lip and I opened my mouth willingly letting him in.

We kissed for a few more seconds until I had take a breath of air, I was breathing heavily but Vic was smiling back at me. I smiled at him as my lips tingled from the kiss, he was a good kisser and I wouldn't mind staying here all day just kissing him.

"Or we could just stay here" I said and leaned to kiss him again but he pulled away.

"I have to get to work, I have band practise today" he said, he turned around and I held on to his shoulders as he started swimming towards the ladder.

"Oh, can I come with?" I asked, I pulled myself out of the water and gathered up all my clothes. It didn't feel awkward at all that we had just kissed, it felt normal and to be honest I kinda wanted to do it again.

"Yeah, sure. But ..." Vic stopped at the door and turned to look at me smiling. "Only if you let me kiss you again" a smile grew on my lips and I placed a hand on his shoulder and pulled him towards me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The limo pulled up outside a studio and the driver opened the door for us both. After we had dried ourselves and got changed into warmer clothes me and Vic had left in the limo to one of his many workplaces. Vic had told me that we'd probably be there for most of the day but if not then he'd take me out to eat.

"If you want to leave after a while, I won't mind, it does get boring after a bit" I followed Vic into the building.

"Nah, I'll be fine, I can just annoy you if I'm bored" I said smiling, Vic stopped outside a door and placed his hand on the knob but he didn't open it. He turned to face me instead and planted a small kiss in my lips.

"If you do anything to piss me off, you will sleep outside today" he whispered, I smiled and kissed him again. I love kissing him, his lips are so soft and warm and I just can't get enough of them. Vic opened the door and a wave of cheers sounded from the room.

"Dude finally, what kept you so long?" I followed Vic into the room and shut the door behind me.

"Oh, of course" said the same voice which I soon found out came from a young man with plenty of tattoos and one side of his hair shaved.

"Kellin this Tony, he plays the guitar and Tony this Kellin" introduced Vic, Tony gave me a smile and started to strum a few chord on his guitar. I sat down next to Vic on the small sofa.

"So, are you going to be staying for the whole practise?" asked jaime who was sitting in a swivel chair facing me.

"Well... I could go if I'm in the way, I mean-"

"No, it's okay we don't mind" interrupted Vic, and I didn't fail to notice the look he gave jaime who just shrugged and turned around in his chair. I could tell he didn't want me here but I wasn't going to leave, whether he liked it or not.

" 'sup guys!" the door burst open and mike walked in, "Kellin! how's it going dude?"

I stood up from my seat and gave Mike a hug then sat back down next to Vic who was looking through a black book.

"You here to watch?" asked Mike and I nodded my head and smiled. "Sweet,when do you wanna start?" He sat down at a set of drums and started playing a simple beat. Tony joined in after a minute and then jaime on bass, they sounded really good and I found myself tapping my foot along to it.

"She sits up high, surrounded by the sun.
One million branches and she loves everyone"

My head turned to Vic as he started singing, he was fucking amazing! He sat on the edge of the sofa with his eyes closed, he seemed to be concentrating hard on something.

"Mom and dad, did you search for me, I've been up here so long, I'm going crazy"

His voice was flawless and it made him even more attractive. He opened his eyes and looked at me as he carried on singing, I smiled as he crossed his eyes and smiled, even when he was singing he was still trying to make me laugh.

"Now don't be crazy, yes now, of course you can stay here. Been in a touring band and going on ten years"

Vic suddenly stopped and stood up, I had the urge to start clapping and cheering but I held myself together and smiled instead.

"You guys are amazing!" I said "Vic your such a good singer"

"I hope so, otherwise the kids would be wasting good money" he said laughing, he picked up a green and black guitar and a microphone and then headed for the door. I stood up and followed him, the rest of the band were right behind us carrying their instruments with mike holding a pair of drumsticks. We turned left and soon we were in a big room that had a small stage in the middle and some chairs facing it.

Mike ran on to the stage and towards his drums, tony sat on one of the chairs talking to a guy who was fixing his guitar.

"You can sit next to Matt, he's our guitar tech" he pointed to the guy talking to Tony and I walked over to them and sat in the empty chair next to Matt.

"Hey, I'm Kellin" I said smiling, I was always nice to people I don't know and it's fun to make friends sometimes.

" Sup, your Vic's fiancée right?" I nodded my head, its gonna take some getting used too, I still can't believe that I'm supposed to be getting married and to someone I've only met almost a month ago.

"Cool, just to let you know, he farts in his sleep"

"I do not!" shouted Vic from the stage, I laughed

"Don't worry, I'm sure they don't smell that bad" I shouted back, he smiled and shook his head then went back to whatever he was doing. I carried on talking to matt and listening to Vic sing and the band play, they were really good and I couldn't help but sing along quietly to some of the songs. They played for about two hours, took a lunch break and then for three more hours.

It was dark by the time the limo finally came for us, we were one of the last to leave the studio since Vic wanted to practise some vocals for a bit. The ride home was pretty silent, Vic was leaning his head back with his eyes closed, he must be tired. I watched him for a few minutes admiring him, he really is good looking and even more so when he was sleeping.

"Stop staring" he mumbled and startling me a little, I was glad he had his eyes closed other wise he would have seen me blushing.

I looked at him again and hesitated before leaning towards him and pressing my lips on his. They were soft and warm just like all the other times I'd kissed him today, I don't think I will ever get used to them. Vic kissed me back almost immediately and I smiled against his lips as he pulled me closer to him.

"I thought you were tired" I said when I pulled away"

"Shut up" he replied and pulled me close again, kissing me. He pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him, this was all moving too quickly but hey, I sure as hell ain't complaining.

"Your sleeping in my room tonight" said Vic when we pulled apart for air, I smiled and tilted my head to the side.

"Hmm, and what if I say no?"

"You can't say no, you have to do everything I say, remember?" He smiled and I leaned forward again ready for another make out session.