Snow in Red Square

Mesmerized

"Is this real?" I whispered breathlessly at the sight before me, Nate just watched me and held out his palm, his bright cobalt eyes dancing with self-assured pleasure, making a staggering contrast with the starchiness of the scenery that hung around us.

"it is, if you want it to be" was all he replied when my cold fingers found their way to his open hand, I smiled and interlaced our fingers tightly, needing to feel him close, because if I didn't, I might just convince myself that what I was seeing, wasn't possible.

Silvery heather clouds stretched over the vast matte sky, making the multicolored Russian rooftops that littered the ground look like small cupcakes covered in marshmallow frosting, I kept looking up at the sky, trying to figure out how it was possible that tiny shards of ice fell from the clouds and people didn't stop to consider it's beauty, waltzing snowflakes fell and pelted at my cheeks and ears with fury, scattering over my long locks like the vanilla sprinkled chocolate that sold so well at my small bakery back at home, yet I kept staring at the streets under me, watching the multicolored coats walk back and forth cheerfully under the snow's wintry perfection, over the horizon, St Basil's Cathedral saluted my eyes like a soldier of silk and candy architecture, daring me, with it's ancient crafted perfection, to believe in what it represented.

Love.

Eternity.

As if on cue, my gaze found Nate's, our gazes exchanging feelings we didn't want to voice out loud. the snow kept falling, the sound of the city below kept bubbling with the exotic resonance of Russian enthusiasm and the wind remained blowing frosty circles around me, tangling my hair and ruffling my coat until there wasn't any part left to unravel. but in our small bubble above, Nate and I where untouchable.

"this is insane" I shrieked delighted, spinning in circles under the alabaster rain of snowflakes "this really is insanity"

"you told me that in your life, you had never seen real snow" Nate commented warping his arms around me "so I brought you here"

"taking me to the top of the Spassky Tower in winter is your definition of showing me snow?" I asked letting my laughter bounce of the ashen railing decorated with scarlet Russian motifs.

"the view is the best from here" he exclaimed stroking my hair offhandedly, I buried my nose in his coat and said nothing. Breathing in his smoky scent of sandalwood and pine, I would never get used to it, to his serene voice, handsome face, the way his kisses burned me to the core like shots of Whiskey "Besides" he smirked, staring straight into my eyes with the kind of undivided adoration I knew was reflected in my eyes "I knew you always wanted to see Moscow, what better than Red Square to start the tour?"

"it really is breathtaking" I murmured motioning to the scene that stretched before us, the snow, the colors, the sounds, "it's hard to believe this kind of beauty exists"

"it does," he said caressing my cheek "you just don't recognize it in the mirror"

And watching the way his raven hair was tousled by the winter wind I felt just as mesmerized.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it my small drabble