Unbreakable

Closure

It's been three months since their first night at the motel and Emily's hasn't slept through the whole night since then. If shes not reliving that night at Yakavetta's, she dreaming about what could happen today. Today Yakavetta is standing trial and he -along with many other people- believe he's going to walk. However Emily, the boys and Noah were determined to make sure the only way he'd be leaving that courtroom was in a body bag. Aided by Smecker and three detectives, who Emily had befriended in the past three months of knowing them, they had divided a plan. Sitting in the back of the police van, Emily's nerves began kicking in. She had become immune and cold to the killing, but this wasn't just some asshole Rocco picked out; this was the man that ordered his men to beat the crap out of Murphy and Conner, this was the man that implied he'd let his men rape her, this is the man that forced a gun into her hand, forced her to aim it at her bestfriend and forced her to pull the trigger. It also wasn't at private as the last hits, it was in a courtroom full of people and reporters with cameras. "Ye don't have ta do this Em" Murphy said, placing his hand on top of hers as it rested on her thigh. Emily sighed before looking at him, "Yes, I do. I want to."
Murphy squeezed her hand and gave her a quick kiss of the lips before Greenly banged on the door... signalling go. Smecker had opened a back door which had a metal detecter as you entered. Emily's guns were in Murphy's bag so she didn't have to worry about it. Smecker directed them in the direction of the courtroom to which they hurriedly walked too. When they were outside the entrance they quickly grabbed their guns, Emily placed one in her right thigh holster and kept the other in her hand. "Everyone ready?" Noah asked glancing at all three off them, but Emily had a feeling he was talking more to her then the boys. They all knew how much what happened at Yakavetta's had effected her and they all knew how much hatred she had built up towards him in the past three months. Murphy and Conner simultaneously said "Aye" before turning to look at Emily and wait for her response. "Yes, let's just do it" and with that Conner swung open they door and they all rushed in. Conner jumped over a banister with his gun raised to scare the audience and get them on the ground. Murphy grabbed Yakavetta from the stand and pulled him into the centre on the courtroom. Noah got the reporters to shut down their cameras and got the judge to where the rest of the crowd was crouching down. Emily's job was to watch the people on the dock over looking them; Smecker already told her that is where armed guards would be along with Yakavetta's family. "Drop your guns! One at a time!" Emily shouted up to the guards who quickly followed her orders. She slowly walked back towards the centre of the courtroom, when she got behind Noah she turned and came face to face with Yakavetta kneeling in front of her with Murphy and Conners guns pointed at the back of his head. He slowly looked up at her and it brought her great satisfaction to see the fear in his eyes as she aimed the gun at his chest. "Ye people have been chosen, to reveal our existence to the world. Ye will witness what will happen here today, and ye will tell of it later" Noah stated, pacing around behind her. "All eyes to the front."
"Nows a good time to fucking do somethin-" Conner cut Yakavetta's sentence short with a kick in his back causing Emily to step back to avoid him as he fell forward. "Shut your fuckin' mouth" Conner shouted at him as Murphy grabbed him by his suit and yanked him back up, all of them retaking their positions; Yakavetta staring up at Emily once more. Emily heard Noah talking quietly to someone in the courtroom but she was to engrossed in staring back at Yakavetta to pay any real attention. Before she knew what was happening Dolly had set off the fire alarm like planned and the boys had jumped up on tables to give their speech, leaving Emily and Noah holding Yakavetta at gun point. They had planned what they was going to say to the audience to get their message across but Emily prepared a speech of her own just for Yakavetta. "Now you will receive us." Conner began, Emily taking this as her sign to start. "My my, how the tables have turned. Three months ago you forced a gun into my hands and forced me to aim it at my bestfriend. The only differences this time being, no one has to force me... I'd happily plant a bullet in you. You're eyes are different too. A wise man once told me you can tell a lot about a person through their eyes," she said glancing at Noah with a slight smile, "you know what yours tell me? You're scared. Look at you, you're alone. Your family are just up there but they don't care enough about you to do anything. You're gonna die alone, right here, right now, as your family just watch on." Emily couldn't hide the smug grin on her face as the realisation that he is going to die hit him. "But if ye do... One day ye will look behind ye and ye will see we four. And on that day you will reap it!"
"And we will send ye ta whatever god, ye wish." Murphy and Conner bumped down off the tables and joined Noah in pointing guns at the back of Yakavetta's head. They began their prayer but Emily had one more thing to say. She crouched down so she was eye level with him, and spoke quietly so as not to disturb the boys. "I came in here with the intention of telling you to go to hell for what you did to Rocco. But now it would bring me great pleasure, to send you there myself" she said standing back up again, as she finished paraphrasing what Yakavetta said to her before forcing the gun into her hand. She took a few steps back so she didn't get covered in blood. "In nomine Patris"
"Et Filii"
"Et Spiritus Sancti."
All four of them fired in sync with on another. Granted Emily shooting him in the heart wouldn't have made a difference with him being shot three times in the head, but it brought her closure to Rocco's death. They didn't waste time hanging around, Duffy was waiting to show them a way out and drive them back to the motel room for one final night before they made the trip to Ireland.

Once back at the motel they all sat down in the same spaces they took most nights. Emily was sat behind Murphy with her back flat against the headboard of the bed. Murphy was sat in between her legs with his arms resting on her thighs as she had her legs bent either side of him. He was tracing small circles on both of her knees while she ran her fingers through the back of his hair. Conner sat up slightly on his bed and looked at Noah, who was sat in his air chair, cigarette in hand. "How far are we gonna take this, da?"
"The question is not how far. The question is: do you posses the constitution? The depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
Emily rattled the question around in a head for a few minutes. It was no secret to any of them that Emily's faith was minimal but she didn't need it. Her beliefs on right and wrong were strong and she had shown that often enough. She knew it would be over for a while and in all honestly she was relieved at the thought of no more killing for a couple of years at least. She was looking forward to spending more time with Murphy and getting to know the boys father more. But she and the boys knew it would never be over; they had started something, which they and many other citizens wanted them to continue. They would return, it was only a matter of when... and why.
♠ ♠ ♠
So if you've watched the boondock saints , you'll know that's pretty much how the film ended. I'm continuing the story based on the storyline for the sequel film, so the next chapter is the start of the second film. Thanks for reading!