Unbreakable

(II)- Gunning for you

It was about 11 O'clock when Greenly, Duffy and Dolly came into Mcginty's. They were all genuinely pleased to see her after four years, Greenly especially so after being on the phone to her when she could have easily been killed. They all gave her a hug before sitting door on stools at the bar, Emily going behind it to get them some drinks. After a quick catch up and friendly chit chat, they got down to business. "So Emily, what can you tell us about the shooter?" Duffy asked, very casually. "Well he was pretty short. He had dark hair, short side and back but spiky on top. His skin tone was like tanned, defiantly not from around here. Do you have any idea on who he is?" The three detectives look at each other before looking back at Emily. "Not a clue. But the new FBI agent, Eunice Bloom, she's good, really good" Greenly said first, before Dolly spoke up.
"If the boys come back, there's a good chance she'll work it out" Emily was shocked; she already knew the boys were coming back, but she didn't want to say anything just incase. "Are they coming back? Are you staying? You're one of the saints Emily, its as big as a risk for you as it is for them" Duffy said and Emily felt torn between what she should say. "I don't know. But I don't want to let this slide... and we all know Conn and Murphy, I don't think they want to either" So she didn't officially tell they that the boys were coming she simply implied it, but guessing from the expressions on the guys faces, she just confirmed what they were already fearing. Emily understood why they were nervous, they had helped her, Noah and the brothers get away with killing Pappa Joe, they were accessories to murder. They stayed at Mcginty's for a few hours. They compared Emily's original version of events to what Eunice came up with just by looking at the crime scene, it turns out she was spot on. As Dolly spotted her engagement ring he started joking about what it symbolises, already knowing it meant her and Murphy were getting married. As they began congratulating her, Duffy excused himself to step aside and take a phone call. It was a quick phone call and when he came back to the bar he picked up his coat and began putting it on. "We have to go. Estimated six bodies, arms crossed, pennies, one guy with a double tap to the head" they all looked at Emily as if she had all the answers, but she couldn't be one hundred percent sure. When she spoke to Murphy he never said they were planning a hit as soon as they arrived but she had a gut feeling it had something to do with them. Dolly and Greenly put on their coats and joined Duffy by the door. Emily joined them to give them all a hug goodbye, Greenly's lasting longer then the others. "If you don't go back, stay safe. If you do go back, keep it touch...and stay safe" he stated closely to her ear before she pulled away from the hug. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and turned back to Duffy and Dolly as they all walked out the door.

An few hours pasted before there was a knock at the door. Emily offered to get it but Doc wanted to check who it was, just incase it was a mafioso. By the cheerful welcoming she knew it was Murphy and Conner; Doc wouldn't welcome just anyone in like that. As he ushered them inside the bar Conner was the first to pull Emily into a big bear hug. "Is it too late for a shot?" Murphy asked as he entered the bar. "Oh, the l-lord t-old me you'd be c-coming. He said, 'D-Doc they're coming' and I w-was to get e-everything ready. So I did. Everything's ruh, ruh, ruh, it's a-all set" Conner released Emily, only for her to be scooped up by Murphy. She wrapped her arms tightly around his next as he lifted her off the ground and spun her round slightly. "Uh,hem!" Murphy immediately stopped spinning and put Emily down. They both turned to look at the unfamiliar guy standing behind Doc, Murphy keeping an arm tightly around her waist. "Oh, this is our Mexican" Murphy said pointing him out to Doc. Doc shook his hand whilst speaking, "H-how are you lad? They c-call me...Fuck!Ass!" the Mexican smiled, amused but also slightly confused. "Nice to meet you, Fuck Ass. They call me Romeo" he then made his way towards Emily and took her hand. He began lifting it up to meet his lips but Murphy put a firm hand on his chest and pushed him back slightly. "Easy there, this here's my Juliet" Murphy said kissing Emily on her temple. She smiled and held out her hand for a friendly hand shake, "Emily." Romeo smiled and nodded before releasing her hand. Doc showed them all an upstairs store room and said they could stay up there and use it as their 'hideout' as Romeo called it. After the boys had a couple of shots they filled Emily in on what had happened with the Chinese people that Duffy was talking about earlier, her gut was right. But Emily didn't take time to fully digest what had happened because something had been bugging her ever since they came in. Murphy quickly picked up on the vibe she was unintentionally giving off and pulled her to the back of the room to talk. "Babe, what's wrong?" Emily avoided eye contact with Murphy which was very unlike her, it only made Murphy more anxious to find out what was bothering her. "Em, talk ta me. What's on ye mind?" After a few minutes of silence between them Emily gave in and with a sigh, she looked up and made eye contact with him. "This is all wrong. Before you said I was one of you, part of the group...but I'm not." Murphy was about put up a protest about how she is, but she began talking again before he had the chance. "You and Conner went on a hit today and you didn't even bother to let me know, let alone ask me if I wanted to come along. And what the fuck were you thinking letting Romeo in?"
"Romeo's a good man, he won't say anythin' ta anyone Em. And earlier-" Emily cut him off.
"I never said he wasn't a good man, it's the fact that he's a good man that pisses me off the most. Rocco was a good man and look what happened. Four years ago it was us, Conn and Rocco, in four years from now I don't want to look back and have the guilt of another good mans death on my conscious. You letting him in, is just putting another persons life at risk" Emily was now in a full on rant mood and she couldn't stop herself from rambling on. "And another thing, I don't think I can marry you. I have no-one to give me away because Doc said no, I thought I found the perfectest church to get married in and it was in that same church that I watched someone murder the priest and frame you saints for killing him. I could have just shown myself and have him kill me instead of McKinney. I went in there thinking in was a sign from God, seriously, how fucked up is that!"
"Whoa! Em, babe, calm down. Ye are one of us, ye are a saint. If Romeo being involved bothers ye that much, then he's out. And if ye think for one second ye're gettin' out of becomin' my wife, then ye're badly mistaken. I don't give a fuck where we get married, or who's there ta walk ye down the aisle. If it means that much ta ye I'll carry ye down it myself, just so long as I get ye up there. Lets just go back ta the others an have a few more drinks an talk more about everythin' tomorrow, okay?" Emily took a few deep breaths to calm herself down, she didn't want argue or say something else she might regret. She meant what she said about not feeling like part of the group anymore and that she wasn't happy about Romeo being involved, but of course she wanted to marry Murphy...it was all she wanted. She walked back over to the others without so much as a nod to Murphy. They all began slungering down shots and pigging out of pizza. They had had so much to drink that Murphy even twisted Emily's arm into following him into the downstairs toilets for a 'quicky'. Shortly after they returned back upstairs, Emily crashed out in one of the three beds. She only stirred when she felt the bed shift and Murphy wrap his arms around her.

The next morning the all got into Romeos car and headed for his uncles Mexican restaurant. Romeo said he was the man to go to, to find someone who didn't want to be found. Emily was sat in the back with Murphy but they weren't cuddled up like normal, it was clear that although they had sex last night, their conversation about the wedding was still hanging over them. Romeo was starting to grow on Emily but she was still against the idea of him joining the group, she felt as though they were trying to replace Rocco. However Emily realised she may have been over reacting when she said she wasn't part of the group; she would have liked to be at least informed about what was going on with the Chinese, but she understood that it made more sense for them to handle in while they were there. When they entered the restaurant Romeo led the way to the table his uncle was already sitting at. Romeo sat next to him leaving Conner, Emily and Murphy sat opposite them. "Word is, Yakavetta's gunning for you guys hard...especially you" he said pointing to Emily. "The whole city's on edge. I even heard he posted a reward, like Jesse James style and shit. Any of his guys that take you out gets his palm crossed, two hundred and fifty big ones."
"Whew. A quarter of a mill for us?" Romeo said, clearly excited by the thought. His uncle Cesar wasn't the least bit enthusiastic about the word "us"
"Us? What the fuck are you talking about 'us?'" They then began to argue in Spanish, unaware that all three of them could understand what's being said. "Uncle, why do you have to disrespect me in front of them?!" Emily felt sorry for Romeo, he seemed slightly intimidated by his uncle. "Cool it, Mr. Big Shot! A year ago you was washing my pots and pans!"
"Well, I don't wash fucking pots anymore! I'm part of this, Uncle!"
"Hey! This isn't my first bar-b-que! Now shut up and stop interfering! Let me talk to them and I'll figure out whether you're in on this or in your own fantasy world!" Murphy looked at Emily and she knew she had to make up her mind, she decided to talk to him in Spanish. "He's in...all the way" Cesar looked at Emily, surprised. He then looked at Murphy and asked if it was true and Murphy nodded. His uncle looked at Romeo with new found respect and with a look of pride on Romeos face, Emily was glad that they were letting him in. She would have felt like such a bitch to let him down when he had already invested so much heart into it. However Emily didn't have time to dwell on the thought because Cesar was back to business, "Gorgeous George is running the show for Little Yakavetta. Drugs, prostitution, sharking, the whole cha cha. If anybody knows where he is, it's that fat fucking pedico. I'll put it on the wire." He then quickly stood up, his way of showing that's all he had to say. All four of them followed suit but Emily still had something to say, "Why is Concezio especially gunning hard for me?" Everybody stops walking towards the door to listen to the answer. "Because you are a woman, that brought more shame and embarrassment to their family then the actually killing itself. He wants you to pay for the disrespect you showed his father by so much as raising your gun to him" with that Cesar walked into the back of the restaurant, leaving the three boys staring at Emily. She didn't want to let it get to her to much, she was already slightly on edge by the whole thing as it was. She looked at the three boys and put on her most reassuring smile before walking out of the restaurant, the three boys following closely behind her.