Unbreakable

(II)- Smecker

Eunice quickly drove to Mcgintys so Emily could say goodbye to Doc. She hated saying goodbye to him because she felt like it really was the last time she'd see him. Emily knew he wouldn't be up for travelling all the way to Costa Rica on a regular bases and in all honesty, she didn't expect him to. Duffy and Dolly also showed up to say goodbye to both Emily and Eunice. It was a very emotional farewell for them all, considering Greenly's absence. Although none of them mentioned it, Emily got the impression they were desperate to talk about the boy's. It had been a little over an hour since they parted ways with them and Eunice said it was only a 30minute drive to where Louie was staying. If it wasn't already finished by now... it soon would be.

When Emily and Eunice met up with Sibeal who confirmed the boys had been arrested. He said that the brothers were shot but it was nothing serious, much to Emily's relief. She then asked about Noah and Romeo but once he broke the news that Noah had died and Romeo was left in a coma, she soon regretted asking. Emily wanted to cry but she couldn't; she had cried so many tears that she had nothing left. The only comfort she could get from the entire situation was that Murphy was alright, alive at least. Sibeal had lead Emily and Eunice to a small shack which looked out to the sea. He had given them both false documents and explained the plan but something wasn't sitting right with Emily. "We just wanted you to know you weren't alone. We have plenty of resources" he said very sincerely, but Emily suddenly realised what was bugging her. "Look, I'm having a really shit time recently so please, just be straight with us; you keep saying 'we', but who they hell are you talking about?" Emily hated to sound blunt but with everything that's happened, she just wanted something to be simple and uncomplicated for a change. "Are you two ready to go?" A eerily familiar voice called out. Sibeal earlier pointed out he was the boat driver, but Emily knew him from somewhere and judging by Eunice's expression...so did she. "I hear they party pretty hard in that monastery" he called out again as they slowly edge closer to him as he sat fishing off the dock. He slowly turned to face them, conforming Emily's initial thought...Paul Smecker. The same guy she and the brothers believed to be dead was now sitting, alive and well, in front of her. "I'm not sure I'm in love with that new look there, Betty Boop" he said, taking in Eunice's appearance before shifting his eyes onto Emily. Eunice decided to get her hair cut and dyed whereas Emily wanted to keep her hair the way it was, deciding to use a long blonde wig to disguise herself until it was safe. "Yours isn't to bad, kind of makes you look like a life size barbie doll."
"I went to your funeral, you son of a bitch!" Eunice state angrily, raising her voice slightly. "I know. Loved your shoes. The skirt was a tad risqué for a funeral. But hey, who am I to begrudge someone their sense of individuality?" he said with a growing smirk on his face. Emily had so many questions running through her mind but Eunice got the most important one out before her, "What is this?!"
"Keep it down. You don't want to scare away my little fishes?"
Emily saw a stone laying beside her foot and quickly kicked it off the edge and into the water.
"Fuck your fish! What the hell is going on here?" Eunice yelled, causing Emily to jump slight and Smecker to stand up from his chair.
"You are exposed young lady! You're a very clever little girl Eunice, that's why I chose you. Now it's time for you to put you thinking cap on." Even though he was mainly talking to Eunice, he glanced at Emily when he finished talking which made her put her thinking cap on as well. Smecker then started indicating towards Sibeal who looked reasonably uncomfortable, before continuing. "We've got all the financial backing and protection of the biggest corporation in the world. We've got two CEO's worthy of public trust. Not to mention the fact we have one of the saints! Now what do you think is going on here?" Emily began processing the information he had just given her, Eunice was obviously doing the same. Suddenly it clicked and Emily got where he was going with this...or at least she was hoping. "You wanna get them out" she said, making it a statement not a question. "I wanna get them out, get you guys back to work, take this thing to a whole new level! Where are they being held?" Emily couldn't believe what she was hearing; she wanted them out more then anything, but she wanted them back... not the saints. "The hoag, but the hoag isn't just any prison!" Eunice informed him whilst Emily was still lost in thoughts. "Wrong, that's exactly what it is, just a prison. Run by men, men who we both know are susceptible."
"Well whatever we do, we got to do it quick. Those boys aren't safe in there." Emily felt a lump form in her throat after hearing Eunice's words. The thought of them getting hurt inside because they didn't get them out soon enough would be unbearable. "Oh I don't know, a little birdy tells me they're going to be just fine. Besides we have to wait for two things."
"What's that?" Emily asked, regaining the ability to speak. Now he put the idea into her head, she wanted them out as soon as possible. She had accepted being a single mum and growing old without Murphy, now everything's changed again. "Well, we're not doing anything until you've had the baby so that gives us at least at 10month wait. But it could be even longer; we need the boys to do something to get themselves transferred to another prison."
Emily let out a scoff in disbelief. 10months, was he serious? They hadn't even been apart for 10hours and she already missed him like crazy. "Let's get going, I'll explain more on the way" Smecker said walking towards a small boat. Eunice and Emily glanced at one another as if to see what the other was thinking. With a slight sigh, Emily followed behind Smecker, unsure of what the future held.