Unbreakable

(III)- Reunited

"Come on Emily, you can do this" she repeated quietly to herself as she drove towards the prison gates. The time had finally come for Smecker to put his thoroughly thought out master plan into action. Actually it was a rather simple plan, considering the fact they were helping three of Boston's most notorious criminals escape from a maximum security prison. Emily had the riskiest role as she had to drive a prison bus inside the perimeter of the Hoag and get past security with her fake ID and dodgy looking wig. Eunice ensured her it would run smoothly as she was barely recognisable and had been off the police radar for the past 12 months since the arrest of the Macmanus' and Romeo; 3 of the 4 saints being good enough for the police. In the past year she had gone through a grooling seven hour labour and adapted to motherhood rather well considering she was doing it on her own. Surprisingly Murphy, Conner and Romeo had only killed six inmates since being locked up, the sixth being only last week. But the Hoag had decided it would be best to move them to another prison, where the security was just as high but the convicts where less dangerous; all in the hope that the boys wouldn't see the need to kill them for their committed crimes. Today was the day of their transfer...today was the day the saints would be freed.

"May I see some ID please?" the prison guard that controlled the main gate asked as she pulled up out front. "Of course" Emily replied with a warm smile and showing off her highly practiced American accent. As the guard looked from the ID to Emily, she kept her composure as best she could, trying to make sure her smile didn't falter. Within -extremely excruciating- seconds, the guard had given her back her ID and buzzed her in with a friendly nod. Faze one: completed.

All she had to do now was park up and wait for Murphy, Conner and Romeo to be loaded onto the bus. The bus was pretty basic, just rows on seats with metal rings in front of them where they chained the prisoners to stop them moving around. Smecker told Emily to make sure she avoided looking at any of the boys because the sight of her after a year apart could cause them to blow the whole operation, but really it would be her who would have to refrain from wrapping her arms around Murphy at the mere sight of him. As soon as the back doors of the bus flew open Emily lowered her head and shut her eyes so she wouldn't be tempted to sneak a peek at them. "You, here. You, over there. And you, up front" one of the officers said, clearly instructing the boys to their seats on the bus. Ashleigh heard the chains and cuffs clanging around as they were locked into position. It only took around five minutes, but it was the longest five minutes of her life. She jumped violently when the main officer out of the three placed a hand on her shoulder and bent down to her level. "When you get to the main gates, two guards will climb aboard to accompany you for the duration of the journey" he said before standing up and walking to the back of the bus and climbing out. Emily let out a small sigh of relief that so far everything was going according to plan. She wasn't surprised or fazed at the fact two guards would be on the bus with her because she knew who they would be...Duffy and Dolly. The officer closed and locked the doors, tapping it twice in a signal for Emily to start driving. She didn't need to be told twice, she had her foot on the gas pedal quicker then you could say 'breakout'. With her three boys seated behind her she could officially say, fazed two: completed.

The third part of the plan was a piece of cake, Duffy and Dolly were now sat at the very back of the bus and they were on the driving along the back roads of Boston, no other cars passing by...just the way Smecker wanted it. Now was the tricky part, the part Emily's been most anxious about; she had to relieve everything to the boys. She decided to sneak her first peak at them to see what kind of mood they were in. Romeo was sat in the left row, the furthest away from Emily. He had his head leaning against the window, watching the world go past through the caged wire on the outside of the glass. Conner was sat in the right row, closer then Romeo but further then Murphy. He had his eyes shut and his head tipped back slightly, resting on the back of the chair. Emily found it rather amusing that this could be his one and only chance to look around this part of the outside world, and he had chosen to go to sleep. Then there was Murphy. He was sat in the left row with Romeo, except he was on the very front row, looking down at the metal ring to which he was chained to. He seemed miserable -in fact they all did- and empty, like all the life had been sucked from him. It broke Emily's heart to see him looking so down, he wasn't the all smiles and laugh Murphy she remembered. But she came up with something to try and cheer him up, as well as easing into explaining what was going on. She quickly connected her iPod to the CD player and pressed play, 'Unbreakable' filling the prison bus.

"Excuse me, please can ye turn that song off?" he asked quietly, shocking Emily completely. She didn't know whether it was hearing his voice again or because he didn't want to listen to their song, either way she froze for a few moments. This was it. After a year of separation they were about to be reunited properly. Emily had so much to tell him, the pregnancy and birth being top of her list. Taking a deep breath, she built up the courage to finally speak, this time in her English accent. "Aw Murph, I though this way our song" she said, immediately looking in the mirror to see his head shot up, as well as Conner's and Romeos. "Get the fuck out of here," Romeo yelled. "Emily?" he questioned, Emily tempted to say no and make him feel stupid. "The one and only" she said with a small laugh. "I don't fuckin' believe it" Conner exclaimed, making Emily laugh harder. "It's true! Ask Duffy and Dolly if you don't believe me!" Emily retorted, glancing in the mirror as Conner and Romeo turned to look at Duffy and Dolly, but Murphy's eyes were fixed firmly on her. "What the hells goin' on?" Conner asked, directing his question at Emily. Duffy and Dolly set about un-chaining the boys as she explained. "What do you thinks going on Conn?" Emily mused, jumping when he came up behind her and wrapped his arms round her, kissing her cheek. "I think you better tell me where we're goin' so I can drive an let ye talk with my brother" he said, removing his arms from around her and glancing back at Murphy, who looked to be in some catatonic state. Before Ashleigh could tell Conner where they were going, Dolly came up behind them and cleared his throat. "Conner's right, go see Murphy. I explain everything to him and show him where to go." Emily wasted no time in pulling the prison bus to a halt and standing up to let Conner jump in the drivers seat. She warily sat down beside Murphy, his un-reactive manner unnerving her slightly. As they began moving again Emily and Murphy sat in silence, neither of the looking at the other. "Well I thought you'd be a bit more excited to see me" Emily said with an awkward laugh, wanting to break the silence. "Believe me, I'm fuckin' over the moon Em!" he said, shifting in his seat and placing a now un-cuffed hand on her thigh, squeezing it tightly. "I just can't believe you're here" he stated, placing a hand on the side of her face, pulling her roughly towards him for a hard kiss. She moaned slightly in response to the kiss and placed her hands on the back of his neck, holding him to her.

When they broke away from this kiss they were both breathing heavily, Murphy resting his forehead against Emily's as they regained their breath. "I. have. to. know," Murphy said between breaths, leaving a short pause before speaking again. "James or Rose?" he asked, every feature on his face lighting up at the thought of their child. She had been wanting to tell him since she found out the news for herself, but with him being in prison it was an impossible task. Now, finally face to face, she could break the news he had so clearly been longing to hear. "James and Rose," she squealed excitedly, causing all eyes to land on her, including Conner's through the mirror. "We have two beautiful 4 month old twins!" Emily exclaimed, this not being news to Duffy and Dolly but Conner and Romeo began cheering. Murphy had a massive grin on his face and water brimming in his eyes, clearly the news had got to him more then she assumed it would because Murphy wasn't much of a crier. Suddenly he had a hand gripping either side of her face as he crashed his lips down on Emily's, kissing her so passionately that even her eyes began tearing up. "I love ye so much!" Murphy murmured as he broke the kiss before quickly joining their lips for another. "I love you too" Emily whispered quietly to him, a single tear rolling down her cheek. "Twins," he said, teasing the word as it rolled off his tongue. "I'm a Da to twins!"
♠ ♠ ♠
One last chapter before the story is official completed!:(