Unbreakable

Decision

Only five minutes they said, in and out. Emily had been sat in the car waiting for their return for about twenty minutes and her nerves were kicking in. What could happened to make them so late? The plan was simple, go in, grab the dancer, kill the asshole and exit out the back where Emily was sat waiting. Her roll in the whole thing is merely to drive the 'getaway' car to where ever they said to go once they got in, which she was hoping would be sometime soon. After about another five minutes of debating whether to go in a find them herself, the fire escape door flung open and the three of them came running out. Conner and Rocco sat in the back and Murphy retook his place in the passenger seat. "Just drive, we'll find somewhere ta stop in a bit" she did just what Murphy said and began driving. "Where the hell were you? Five minutes you said!"
"That place was full of scumbags, ended up takin' out more then just Vincenzo" Conner said so casually, as if they were discussing the weather not murder. "What!?" Emily shouted so loud that she saw Murphy flinch out the corner of her eye. "It's what we do Em, ye know that" the confusion clear in his voice. "No! You said criminals, bad people, last time I checked not everyone that goes into a porno house is bad. Desperate yes, bad no."
"They pay ta watch women strip so they can jerk off" Conner said unable to hide his disgust.
"Yeah and the dancers sell themselves, plant a bullet it her to did you? What was all that shit about decent men with loving families, did you think of their families when you killed them?" No one said anything in response to Emily's semi-rant. Conner pointed out a coffee shop where she could pull over but Emily carried on driving. "I'm going home. You can stay or go back out if you want, I really don't care."

As soon as Emily parked the car she climbed out and stormed up to the entrance to her apartment. She only heard one set of footsteps behind her, Murphy choosing to talk to her alone while Conner and Rocco wait in the car. "Em, hold up a second" she didn't stop, she opened the door and walked inside but left it open for him. Murphy was relieved to say the least, it meant she wanted to hear him out; otherwise she would have slammed the door in his face. "Murph whatever you have to say, make it quick. I need a shower then I'm going bed and I really don't want to argue with you" Murphy placed his hands on Emily's shoulders and crouched down slightly, so he became eye level with her. "Neither do I babe! I get what ye're sayin', but any guy who shows such little respect towards women is a scumbag in my eyes, Conners and Rocco's ta. If they're were decent men with loving families, why were they there instead of at home? Why were they spendin' money on a stripper and not treating their kids?" He said whilst letting his hands slip down her arms, resting just above her elbows. Emily started to feel somewhat stupid for not thinking about it from their point of view. She liked to see the good in people, which often resulted in her making something up when the good wasn't really there. "God, why am I so obtuse when it comes to realising things like that!" Emily said, covering her hands over her face to hide her embarrassment. Murphy took her hands in his and pried them off her face, only to cup it in his own. "I've already told ye, ye're to fuckin' kind" Emily just stared at him and took in all his features as he seemed to be doing the same. Suddenly Emily felt herself pushed up against the wall, Murphy's lips dominating her own. His tongue grazed her bottom lip, asking for entry. When she finally allowed him access Murphy's hands began travelling down her body, starting from her face and ending at her thighs. Emily wrapped her arms around his neck and let her fingers get lost in the back of his hair, tugging it slightly. Abruptly Murphy's grip on hers thighs came to life, swiftly lifting her effortlessly off the ground. Emily wrapped her legs around his waist as he moved his hands to her butt to hold her up. "Woah shit bro!" Conner said, rendered speechless at the sight of his brother and Emily making out against the kitchen wall. Murphy quickly pulled away from the kiss but stayed in the same position, Emily burying her head in his neck to avoiding making eye contact with Conner. "I thought I said wait in the car asshole!" Murphy uttered through clenched teeth.
"Aye ye did. But ye also said you'd be five minutes" the amusement was clear in Conners voice. Murphy said nothing as he began carrying Emily towards her bedroom. "The hell ye two goin'?"
"The fuck you think Con? To have passionate sex! You and Rocco make yourselves at home and we'll be out in ten" Emily informed him as Murphy opened the bedroom door. She looked up to see Conner with his hand over his mouth, trying to stifle his laughter.
"Make that twenty!" Murphy shouted as he closed the door behind them, Conners laughter still penetrating the room anyway.

Less then an hour later Emily emerged from her bedroom, showered and dressed ready for bed. She sat on Murphy's lap as he and Conner sat side by side on the small sofa with Rocco sat opposite them in the armchair, his feet resting on the small coffee table in the middle. "Let's talk some business here. I know a sick fuck... makes the ones we've been doin' look like altar boys. Worse night of my life when I met this guy" the expression on Rocco's face changed as if having a flash back to an unpleasant time. "This guy never says a fuckin' word to me. We're driving for 25 minutes. Never a sigh, no throat clearing, nothing. And his face, blank man. Just nothing there." He paused momentarily before continuing, "This guy takes out a whole family... wife, kids, everyone... like he's ordering fucking pizza. I knew if I didn't keep it together it was my ass." As soon as Emily heard the actuality that this man killed a family, she decided she was in. It was men like this that she agreed with killing, he deserved to die for all the lives he had taken. "He has a poker game outback of his place with a bunch of wise guys every Saturday. Worst day of my life, man." By the time Rocco had finished he had an emotionless expression on his face. "You had me at murdered a whole family" Emily said and Murphy said he was also sold. "Don't worry,Roc. We'll do this guy, and you'll feel a lot better." A weird part of Emily wanted to ask if she could actually go in with them when they did it. She didn't actually want to shot anyone, she purely wanted to see how they did it. Rather then making up her mind there and then she decided she'd sleep on it, she still had two days before the actual hit anyway.

The next two days flew by and it was already Saturday. Emily spent Thursday visiting Doc and trying to find a new job, even though Murphy said she didn't need one with the amount of money they were making. On Friday she went shopping because the boys had already eaten her out of house and home. Conner was the only one that offered to go with her -mainly due to the fact he wasn't as hung over as Murphy and Rocco was- but she appreciated the help. Now they were all sat parked outside in a family van, the car obviously being to small. Their guns and ammo were spread across a counter in the middle of them. It was tense with no one talking as they sat waiting for the young boy to leave. The only sound was the boys clicking the bullets into clips, then the clips smacking into the guns. After a few nights to sleep on it Emily decided she wanted to go inside with them. She mentioned it to Conner when they went shopping and she left it to him when it came to persuading Murphy. He reluctantly agreed on the condition she carried a gun with her just incase. Emily wasn't one hundred percent comfortable with carrying one because it made her feel guilty, even when she knew she wasn't going to use it. "There he goes" Murphy said glancing out the front windshield as the boy rode away on his bike. Turning back around he handed Emily a small handgun which she quickly placed in her belt holster. When she looked back up at him he was holding out a black mask, identical to theirs. "You're kidding right?" She asked, the distaste for it clear in her voice. Murphy just shock the mask as an indication for no and with a sigh, she took in and placed it in her coat pocket. When they were all ready Conner slid the side door open and they all climbed out. The garage door was opened slightly and that's where they gained entrance. Without so much as a word to Emily, the boys began preparing themselves; Emily quickly deciding to follow suit. Once all four of them had their masks on and guns ready they made their way towards the door, the plan being to find his wife knowing she was the gatekeeper so she could punch in the code. However Emily felt her pulse sky rocket as a women emerged from the door she was about to exit through, but before she had a chance to react Rocco had grabbed her and pulled her further inside the garage. She was crying in fear and Emily wanted nothing more then to comfort her, but a stern glare from Murphy showed her that she shouldn't. The boys had no intention of hurting her but they needed her to be shook up so she'd assist them in gaining access to the pool house. Conner duct tapped the women's mouth while Rocco bounded her hands behind her back. Rocco grabbed the women and started shoving her out the door and towards the gate. Conner was right behind them while Murphy placed his arm lightly around Emily's waist which she found extremely reassuring. "Hit the numbers, lady. Hit the numbers! I will kill you! I will kill you!" he says shoving the gun in the terrified lady's back. Emily pushed him away slightly and grabbed Murphy's knife, "What the fuck do you except her to do, use her nose?" Emily carefully cut the duct tape, releasing the women's hands. "Why do I always gotta be on bitch detail?" The women quickly tapped in the code as Emily handed Murphy his knife back. When she turned back around she saw the women laying motionless on the ground by their feet, her female solidarity kicking in resulting in Rocco getting a hard slap on his arm. "What the fuck was that for?" Rocco asked, grabbing his arm where Emily slapped him. Emily merely shrugged not really having a reason. The door in front of them began opening, Conner kicking it in so it opened fully. Murphy instantly pushed Emily backwards so he and Rocco could go in before her. All three of them formed a line, two gun raised each. Emily took in the sight of about ten men all armed staring back at them. "All of them" Rocco said, causing the three of them to start shooting as their targets scrambled for their own guns to return the fire. Emily stood frozen as she watched man after man fall, extremely thankful that her three boys were still standing. When they took out the last guy and the gun fire seized all four of them pulled off their masks; no longer needing to hide their identify from anyone. Rocco started panicking after checking all the bodies and realising that none of them was the original target they had come for. "Rocco, behind you!" Emily shouted as the door behind him creaked open. Rocco spun around and took a shot at the man... but he kept coming. He had Rocco pinned to the floor in seconds, Conner refusing to let Murphy help him, "Alright, Roc. Now's your chance!" Emily didn't know what to do, she was torn between helping and leaving. As Conner took care of a guy who regain consciousness after being shot, Murphy took the opportunity to roll the cue ball to Rocco. Her decision was made. She grabbed the gun from its holster, cocked it, closed her eyes and fired. The decision she made had resulted in the loss of a life but had hopefully spared many others. Finally plucking up the courage to open her eyes she saw Murphy and Conner blankly staring at her. Rocco pushed the now dead mans body off him and sat up to join in the staring. "Thanks" Rocco said, attempting to level out his breathing. "You're welcome." They continued to watch her as she lowered her gun and put it back in its holster. Emily was shaken up but not as much as she thought she would've been, or if she was, she was hiding it extremely well. "Why are you just standing their looking at me like that?"
"I-I didn't think you wanted ta shot anyone" Murphy said, clearly shocked by what just happened.
"I also didn't want to watch one of my best-friends beat a guy to death with a cue ball either. Do what you have to do and lets get the hell out of here." They did what she asked and left straight after the brothers finished their family prayer. Rocco lead the way through the house and out the front door with Emily bringing up the rear. As she walked with her head down she hadn't noticed Murphy stop in front of her and ended up walking into him. "What's goin-" she cut herself off mid sentence, after looking through the gap between Murphy and Rocco to see a man draw a vest with six guns attached. "Oh shit!" were the last words to escape her lips, before even more gun fire commenced.