Unbreakable

Pain

"Emily get down!" Murphy shouted, Emily only managing to make it out over the gun fire. She took cover behind a concrete post to the left of her. She had her gun tripped tightly in her hand and she glanced round the post every few seconds to see what was happening. She felt bad for cowering away, but she only did it because Murphy told her to; she'd like to think she would have stayed in the open if he hadn't. Suddenly blood splattered on the opposite concrete post to the one Emily was hid behind and Rocco cried out in pain. "Rocco! Rocco are you ok?" When she didn't hear him reply she glanced around the post to see the man dropping two guns and starting to pull another two out the holsters. She took the time he took to pull them out to come out from behind the post and run behind the one closet to where Rocco had fell. She was relieved to see him alive but his hand was covered in blood. She was about to move into the bush -where he was currently seeking cover- to see the extent of the damage when she saw blood spray on the front door. She wiped her head round so fast, nearly giving herself whiplash. But that was the last of her worries when she saw Murphy stumble into a bush next to him. Something snapped in her; she was out from behind her hiding spot and was standing beside Conner were Murphy was, prior to being shot. The sight of her seemed to unsettle the man, Conner still getting shot in the leg nonetheless. However he didn't give up, it only made him more determined to kill this man. But it was surprisingly Emily that nailed him, only in the arm, but she hit him nevertheless. The man was out numbered and now out gunned and -thanks to Emily- injured. He took off down the road, shots still being fired in his direction. "Murph! Are ye alright?" Conner yelled over the fading gun fire. Murphy being to engrossed in shooting to really answer the question simply shouted, 'Motherfucker!" Emily grabbed one of the discarded bags and rummaged through it grabbing two spray bottles of ammonia. She tossed one at Conner before beginning to spray their blood stains. "Get the blood!" Emily shouted, Conner began spraying down some blood as well. Rocco and Murphy kept yelling about who is was and how he had shoot Rocco's finger off but Emily tried to focus on making sure forensic evidence was destroyed. "Get the fucking bag and let's go!" The boys picked up the bags and dashed towards the van, Emily having one last check they had everything before following behind them. She jumped in the drivers seat and waited for them to climb in and shut the door before putting her foot down. "Is everybody okay? Does anyone need to go hospital?" she asked, turning to look at them for a split second before focusing back on the road. "No! No hospitals. Take us back ta yours an we'll do it ourselves" Conner said whilst groaning in anguish. She didn't argue with him although she would rather get them seen to properly.

When they got back to her apartment Emily grabbed the iron and placed in on the shove to heat up while the boys started shouting, about who that man was. He must of known who they were, because why would a man randomly carry six guns in a specially designed vest and open fire on them. He was waiting for them to come out... he was waiting to kill them. "Fuck you both! You ask me, he was aiming at you!" They were being so childish. Granted they needed to work out who it was, but there was more important things to do first. "All of you just shut the fuck up! This bickering isn't getting us anywhere. Lets just see to the wounds and then we can talk" she said, emphasising the word talk as she did so. Emily had a great amount of authority over the boys, because they all knew that she was right about most things and always had their best interests at heart. If it wasn't for her quick thinking the boys would have forgotten to coat their blood in ammonia. If it wasn't for her risking her life by coming out from behind the concrete post to return fire, Conner could have been seriously injured. She even did something she never wanted to do, to help Rocco; she killed a man. Emily left the kitchen area momentarily and came back with a waddled up pillow case. "What ta fucks that for?" Murphy asked, a look of bewilderment plastered on his face. "Well I know you're all extremely tough men," sarcasm was clear in her voice, "but this is going to hurt like a bitch. I don't want to hear you all screaming while in trying to relax in the shower" Murphy and Conner glanced at each other before looking back at Emily. It was weird, something in their eyes made it evident to Emily what they were going to say. "Ohh no! There's no way, I can't!" She started to back away towards the bathroom door but Murphy grabbed her hand to stop her. "Em, please. Ye said yourself, it's gonna hurt like a bitch. We'll hold each other down, all you have to do is cauterise the wounds."
"I don't want to hurt you" Emily's voice began to crack at the mere thought of it.
"We're hurting now" Rocco said from behind Murphy, the pain was apparent in his voice. Emily couldn't even bring herself to verbally agree, she simply nodded and made her way back over to the stove. Murphy was up first, laid flat on the kitchen counter, Rocco on top of him holding the gag in his mouth. Conner ripped a bigger hole in the sleeve of his top and pinned down his arm. Emily was about to pick up the iron when Murphy pulled the gag out his mouth to talk. "Em no matter what, don't stop till its done. It will only hurt more if ye stop an start." She nodded and picked up the iron, Rocco retightening the gag. Taking a deep, shaky breath, she pressed the iron against his skin; closing her eyes and trying to block out his muffled cries of agony. Tears were rolling down her cheeks as she opened her eyes and removed the iron, placing it back on the stove to reheat for whoever was going next. Rocco and Conner releases their grip on Murphy so he could stand up. He wrapped his good arm around Emily and pulled her into him, letting her cry pathetically into his chest. They stayed that way for a few minutes until the shock had worn off and her tears subsided. She pulled back and looked up at him, "I'm sorry." Murphy leaned down and pressed a sweet kiss on her forehead, "Ye have nothin' to be sorry for, except maybe not getting down like I told ye ta." Emily laugh slightly causing a smile to grace Murphy's face; he loved seeing her happy and he loved it even more when it was because of something he had said or done. "I think you'll find, I was the only one who actually hit him. You guys are losing your touch; one guy shot all three of you and not one of you nailed him" all four of them laughed as they prepared positioning Rocco. Conner held the gag this time and Murphy held down his wrist so his hand moved as little as possible. "Ye took out one man and wounded another. What happened ta the girl that didn't want ta shot anyone?" Conner asked as Emily picked up the iron and took her place next to Rocco's hand. "She teamed up with three imbeciles, leaving her no choice" and with that she pressed the iron onto what remained of Rocco's pinky finger. Emily found it easier doing it the second time round, partly because she was prepared for it and partly because it wasn't Murphy. Of course she didn't like seeing any of them in pain but it hurt so much more when it was Murphy. Conner's wound was probably the easiest to cauterise thanks to the position of it. What's more, he took the pain better then Murphy and Rocco had. By the time they were finished her kitchen was covered in blood, as were her hands and clothes. "What would we do without ye, Emily?" Conner asked, it being more of a rhetorical question rather then one that actually required a answer. Emily laughed at the thought of them taking care of it on their own and simply shrugged with a wide grin on her face. "Someone order in some pizza, I'm going for a quick shower" Emily said walking towards the bathroom door. "And someone go shop an pick up some beer" Murphy said, following in the direction Emily was heading in. "Go get 'em yeself asshole" Conner shouted in response to what Murphy had previously said. "I'm goin' for a shower!" It was then that Emily even noticed him following her, a devilish smirk on his face. "There's only one fuckin' show-" Conner halted his sentence, catching onto what Murphy had in mind. "I'll get the beers, Rocco order the pizza" Emily watched in amusement as Conner grabbed his coat and bolted out the door, probably slightly embarrassed for imposing on his brothers and Emily's sex life, which he had a habit of doing recently. Rocco was sat dumbfounded by his missing finger to even pay attention to the conversation going on around him, Murphy seeing that as a green card for being as loud as they wanted. He slapped Emily playfully on her butt as they scurried into the bathroom, bolting the door locked behind them.