Unbreakable

The Best

Emily was half asleep with her head resting on Murphy's shoulder as they sat in the back of the car on the way to church. "Em we're here" groaning slightly Emily sat up straight so Murphy could get out without the risk of her hitting her head on the window when he did so. Emily, Murphy and Conner got out but she wasn't going inside, she was going to sit the passenger seat whilst Rocco drove. Murphy poked his head through the window and gave Emily a quick kiss before turning to catch up with Conner. "Hey, Murph. This early mornin' church shit's gotta go" Rocco said catching Murphy's attention as he poked his head through the window again. "Amen to that!" Emily said causing them all to chuckle. "We have to go in the mornin'. We're on the lam now, ye know" and with that he was gone. Rocco was dying for a smoke so he pulled up on the opposite side of the church, a bit further down. He and Emily both got out the car, Emily needing to stretch her legs and wake up properly. "I know I already said thanks, but I'm seriously grateful for what you did yesterday; shooting that guy couldn't have been the easiest thing for you to do" Rocco said after taking a few drags from his cigarette. "You don't have to thank me Roc, you'd do the same thing if it was me he had pinned down" Rocco laughed to himself and shook his head slightly, obviously amused by a thought of his. "You'd never be in that situation; Murph would kill anyone before they so much as laid a hand on you. Obviously me an Conn would as well, but Murph would always get there first" Emily was about to express that she'd never want them to risk their lives for her -which is something she's been meaning to tell them all for a while- when she saw a man stumble to the ground after exiting a bar. She was making her way towards him when Rocco gripped her upper arm. "Smecker." Emily was puzzled as to why Rocco would randomly say the F.B.I agents name but he was walking past her and following the drunken man before she could ask. That's when it clicked. They had spoken about him last night after seeing him holding a press conference on tv last night. Rocco saw him as a liability after the others discussed how good we was at his job; he figured out what happened with the Russians easily enough. "Rocco, don't," Emily said in a hushed tone so Smecker wouldn't hear her. Rocco started riddling around in his coat pocket like he did outside the Lakeview restaurant. "Rocco! You heard Murphy and Conner last night, he's a good man." By this point they had followed Smecker across the road and watched as he staggered up the stairs and into the church. Emily's mind quickly wondered if he was there to arrest the brothers, but after taking in his drunken conduct she quickly ruled that out as a possibility. Rocco was about to open the church door when Emily stepped in front of it. "What are you gonna do Roc?"
"Trust me" the look his eyes seemed sincere. With a sigh she stepped aside so he could go in, before following him inside. They walked over to the confessional, hearing Smecker snoring from inside the booth. Emily saw Murphy and Conner with their heads bowed in the pew furthest away from them. She made her way towards them, only looking back after hearing a slight scuffle, to see Rocco push the priest into the booth next to Smeckers with his gun pressed in the priests back. Conner had also heard the commotion and looked up to see Emily standing at the end of their pew. "Slight problem; Rocco's taken a priest hostage, so he can listen to Smecker in the confessional" Conner was up and walking towards the confessional before entering the booth next to Rocco and the priest. Murphy patted the space next to him and Emily quickly took a seat next to him. Emily didn't feel comfortable being inside the church; the last time she was being nine years ago for her fathers funeral. James was the greatest father a girl could have wished for. Her mum left them when she was only four months old, after realising she couldn't cope with being a mother. Emily had always blamed herself, even though her dad told her not to. The fact James had become a single parent actually brought he and Emily closer together. They had both been abounded by Emily's mum, causing them to latch on even tighter to each other. James did everything for Emily which only made her feel more responsible for his death.

"Dad! Hurry up, I can't be late!" Emily said as her dad drove her to school. It was the final rehearsals before the school production of grease, Emily playing the leading lady Sandy. Emily had always loved singing and she was good at it, her father always making jokes saying it was the only good quality her mother gave her because she obviously got her personality and extremely good looks from him. "Em-ster, I'm going as fast as I can. I can't help it if the traffic lights always turn red. Maybe it's a sign, you're cursed" he started wiggling his fingers in front of her face whilst 'wooing', trying to sound eerie. She slap his hand away from her face and began laughing, "Shut up dad. Seriously this light must be broken, lets just go. It's clear" her dad looked at her with his jaw dropped. "Emily Michelle Moore. Are you suggesting we jump a red light?" James struggled to hide his amusement. "James Mason Moore. Are you suggesting I, your only child, should turn up late for the most important rehearsal of my school years and let someone else run my lines?" Her dad said nothing as he had one finally glance around him, pulling out when he believed it to be clear. Emily was laughing in victory when she heard a loud car horn beeping. Her laughter soon turned to screams as their car flipped twice before landing back on its remaining wheels. James' side took most of the impact which was evident at the amount of blood he had lost compared to Emily. "Dad!? Can you hear me?" her dad stirred and began coughing out blood. "E-em-ster. It. Wasn't. Your. Fault" his last words barely being audible. "Dad? Dad?Look at me, please!" It was no use... he was gone.

Emily shuddered, the flashback of the crash coming to an abrupt end. Smecker stumbled out of the confessional booth and out the church, Conner doing the same a few seconds later. Emily and Murphy stood up but Murphy took her hand to stop her walking away, "was ye thinkin' about your dad?" Emily loved how she didn't have to tell Murphy how she was feeling for him to know, he reminded her so much of her dad when it came to how well he could read her. "Yeah, churches are a tough reminder" Murphy nodded in understanding and planted a kiss on the side of her head before gently pushing her in an indication that she could go now. They walked hand in hand towards the door, "I wish I could of met him, he sounded like a great guy." Emily leaned on Murphy's shoulder as they reached the confessional and Rocco appeared. He smiled widely at them before walking out the door. "The best" Emily said just before Murphy opened the door and ushered her out.

"Yeah, and its better we find this man before he finds us again" Conner said, on the phone to our new helper, agent Paul Smecker. "We'll hit Pappa Joe tonight, right in the comfort of his own home" this being news to Emily. She knew the plan about going to Pappa Joes house but she didn't know it was happening tonight. Her eyes quickly locked with Murphy's but he shock his head silently, telling her to just go with with it and not put up any arguments about it. Conner came up with the plans and they seemed to be working, so they had no reason to think this one wouldn't. "We're gonna move on to New York, it's getting a bit hot for us here" Emily's jaw nearly hit the ground, only just finding about New York. She stormed off so fast she only just managed to hear Conner saying goodbye and hanging up the phone. "Emily! Where are ye going?" Murphy shouted after her. She ignored him. She was feeling a mixture of emotions; she was furious for not being involved in the conversation they obviously had without her but she was also devastated that they were going to leave her. New York wasn't that far from Boston, but it was far enough for her to not be able to see them everyday. "Emily, will you slow down?" She knew they were following and by how clearly she could hear them, they weren't far. She started running unaware of where she was even going. She heard the running footsteps of the boys get further and further away; either the boys were giving up or Emily was a surprisingly quick runner. She began crying tears of upset and anger as she continued running. She ended up at the oh-so familiar door of Mcginty's. Doc opened the door and embraced her in a tight hug. "M-Murphy p-phoned, said you were m-missing" Emily said nothing as she sat up on a stool while Doc got her a drink. Seeing the bar empty only added to her upset, she couldn't comprehend how Doc seemed so cheerful. Emily spent the day at Mcginty's, Murphy phoned nine times to see if she had shown up but Doc always covered for her. When she checked her phone she had a voicemail which she decided to listen to.
"Em, where the hell are ye? I get that you're pissed but babe please don't ignore me, I'm worried about ye. We're leavin' for Pappa Joes in a minute so I'm leavin' my phone here. It will really put my mind at ease if ye at least text me before we go. I love ye Emily Michelle Moore, we're unbreakable remember."
Guilt. The use of her full name always reminding her of her dad. She didn't want to worry him she just wanted space to think. Him mentioning unbreakable brought back so many happy memories and suddenly she was no longer angry. Her phone started ringing and she picked it up instantly, thinking it would be Murphy. "Hello"
"Emily? Emily Moore?" Asked a familiar voice.
"Yes?" She replied cautiously.
"It's agent Smecker. Are the boys with you?"
"No why?" her nerves started kicking in.
"Shit! Yakavetta's is a trap, an ambush, they're gonna get killed!" Emily dropped her phone and sprinted out of Mcginty's ignoring Doc calling her back. She reached her apartment in minutes but she was to late, they had already left. Without hesitating for even a second she grabbed two left over guns and strapped on two thigh holsters. She grabbed the car keys -thankful the boys went in the van- and sped towards Pappa Joes. She didn't really have a plan, her only objective being to get to the guys before Yakavetta and his men did. Emily could only pray she'd make it there in time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yakavetta+Pappa Joe is the same person. Thanks for reading:) ill update soon