Unbreakable

The Motel

Emily was sat in the passenger seat after the boys dad -who she now knew was called Noah- insisted on driving. Conner and Murphy followed behind in the van and Emily couldn't help but wish she was with them. Noah said he wanted to talk to her but he had still yet to say anything. The silence was driving Emily crazy, she decided if he wouldn't start the conversation then she would. "How's your arm?" Emily asked, referring to the time she had shot him. She struggled to understand how things went from a gun fight in the middle of a street to happy family's so quickly, but she went along with it anyway. "It's healin' nicely. In all my years in this type of business no-one has ever been lucky enough to shot me, try as they might it just couldn't be done." Emily laughed slightly not wanting to seem like she was literally laughing at him, "Luck had nothing to do with it, that was pure skills." Noah laughed along with Emily this time, which made her feel more comfortable and helped her relax. "Maybe it was. I can't deny that fact you have the makings of an amazing assassin. That window was barely opened, I would never have spotted it as a way in." Emily shifted in her seat so she was facing him more. "You was following me?" This time only Noah laughed, Emily not finding the thought very amusing. "I was merely observing. You've defiantly got guts, can't deny that either. You came into the line of fire in our little show down ta help my boys and tonight you broke into Pappa Joes house because you knew they were in trouble. You've done so much for them... especially Murphy."
"Firstly following and observing are practically one in the same" Noah began laughing again, this time even jollier then before, "Secondly, I haven't done anything the boys wouldn't have done for me. Lastly what do you mean by 'especially Murphy'?"
"Emily, even a blind man could see how much he loves you. You can tell a lot about people and they way the feel through their eyes and body language" he glanced at Emily before continuing. "For example, your eyes and body language are telling me three things. Firstly, you're still in shock after tonight; the slight shaking of your hands giving it away" Emily peered down at my hands and had to stare at them for a few seconds before she even noticed, which made her wonder how Noah spotted it in a quick glance in her direction. "And the second thing they tell you?"
"The second thing is that you love my son, your eyes turned from soulful ta gleaming at the mere mention of this name" Emily looked in the rear with mirror but couldn't see anything special about her eyes, but he was right about her loving Murphy nonetheless. "And the last thing?" Emily asked, only a few seconds after he had finished talking about the second. Noah laughed and shook his head slightly, "Well ye're definitely impatient" Emily let out a heartily laugh but remind silently, letting him carry on in his own time. "But the last thing is that ye're intrigued but skeptical of what I've told you. The way ye've shifted in your seat; giving me your full attention and how you've tried ta subtly check your hands and eyes after I mentioned them."
Emily was generally shocked; he hadn't taken his eyes of the road once, at least she hadn't noticed if he had. "Impressive. A tad creepy, but impressive" Emily and Noah laughed as they pulled up outside a motel. Before she could ask why they were here and not at her place, Noah had already got out the car and was walking inside the room which she guessed would be theirs for the night. She waited a few minutes before Conner and Murphy pulled in and parked beside her. They all go out and reconvened around the bonnet of the car as Emily leaned on it to wait for them. Conner didn't say anything as he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a tight hug. "Has anyone ever told ye that ye're amazing?" he asked pulling away from the hug. "Aye, I tell her all the time" Murphy said, placing his arm around her shoulder and giving her a sweet but brief kiss on the lips. They all laughed slightly before walking inside the small motel room. It had two single twin beds and an armchair in the corner of the room. Noah insisted on taking the armchair, leaving me and Murphy in one bed with Conner in the other. "What happens now? Are you still moving to New York?" Emily asked laying in between Murphy's legs looking at Noah but directing the question to all of them. "I'm not sure. But wherever we go, ye'll be coming too" Murphy said close to her ear. "I'm not leaving Murph, I can't. This is my home and this is where Doc is, I can't just leave him."
"Doc will understand Emily an it won't be forever" Conner said, sitting up slightly and looking at her.
"So what we're just going to leave? What about Yakavetta? He made me shot-" Emily couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence. Murphy kissed the crown of her head a couple of times to calm her down.
"I know babe, I know. We're not going anywhere until he's dead, I promise ye that!" he said, kissing the same spot one final time. "We'll talk ta Smecker in the mornin', see if he can help us out" Conner said before laying back down on his bed. Murphy and Emily did the same, shifting so they were spooning in the small bed. "Night Em" Murphy said leaning over Emily to give her a kiss. She shifted so she was on her back so she could meet his lips with her own. The kiss her exactly what she needed; it took her mind off everything that had happened today. For the first time since Rocco's death, she felt happy. Granted she had laughed along with Noah in the car, but that didn't mean she was truly happy. Nothing could beat the feeling of being in Murphy's arms; so close to him that she could feel the heat radiating off him and his heart beating against her chest. He pulled away from the kiss to soon so Emily put her hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down so she could kiss him again. Murphy immediately deepened the kiss to Emily's approval, but he knew they couldn't go to far. He shortly pulled away from the kiss but rested his forehead on Emily's, as they stared into each others eyes in the darkness. Emily lifted her hand so it was on the pillow next to her head and Murphy quickly took that as his invite to hold it. "Took my hand. Touched my heart. Held me close. You were always there" Emily whispered so only Murphy could hear.
"By my side. Night and day. Through it all. Baby come what may" Murphy whispered back behind giving her a final kiss. "It's like that song was written for us!" Emily said, shifting back on her side so they were spooning again. "Aye, that will defiantly be the song we have for our first dance" Murphy state lowly in her ear. Emily had a bite her lip to try and stop Murphy seeing the massive smile spread across her face at the thought of them getting married. Granted he hadn't asked her yet but he obviously planned on asking someday and Emily already knew what her answer would be. "Aye, it will" Emily tried to say as plainly as possible, believing she hid the excitement in her voice extremely well. Unbeknown to her, Murphy had heard the excitement in her voice, causing a similar smile to spread across his face. They laid in bed cuddled up in each others arm, a similar dream playing out in both of their heads.