Status: onlythegooddieyoung + heatherlight.

The Tension's Like a Fire

III

Jay sat back on the couch, nibbling on his lower lip in thought. An untouched beer sat on the coffee table, waiting to be drank by the British beauty in front of him, who apparently seemed too consumed in thought to pay attention to it.

“What’s eating you, mate?”

The curly haired man jumped at the sound of Tom’s voice, the boy sitting on his side and snatching Jay’s Blackberry like it was his. Jay knew it was impossible to get it back once Tom grabbed it, so he simply sat back again and wished for the ground to swallow him whole.

“Is this a bird’s number?” Tom asked, bemused eyes turning to him.

“Maybe,” Jay shrugged nonchalantly, taking a swig of his Corona.

“It is!” Tom laughed loudly, even throwing his head back. “Some American beauty, aye?”

“Alright, give me back my phone,” Jay sighed, stretching his hand out to his friend. “You’ve seen enough.”

“No, I haven’t!” he stood, searching for messages before Jay followed him—which he soon did. “Oh! Jay! Of course I want you to shag me, your cock is so big!”

“Tom give me my fucking phone, you wanker!”

The brown haired man just laughed again, moving around the big living room of the apartment they all shared, Jay hot on his heels with his hands itching to wrap around his friend’s neck. Tom kept yelling obscenities in what probably was a weak try of sexting until Nathan moved inside the room and grabbed the phone when Tom wasn’t looking.

“What’s this about a bird?” the youngest of the Wanted members asked, frowning as he tapped away into the phone.

“Nothing!” Jay exclaimed, but Tom slammed his hand into the blonde’s mouth.

“He’s flirting with a bird now, dunno how she looks but knowing Jay she’s bound to be like a troll or something.”

“She’s not a bloody troll,” Jay finally got the chance to jump Nathan’s hand and get his phone back, scoffing at his band mates. “She’s actually fit as hell so if you two would stop being wankers then the better.”

“You always pick weird girls,” Max’s voice drifted from the kitchen, a cup of tea in his hand and his other one holding a plate underneath. He took a sip before leaning against the doorframe, raising his eyebrows high. “Remember that girl back in Nottingham? She was a gypsy, wasn’t she?”

“Indie, Max,” Jay rubbed the bridge of his nose. “It’s called indie, bohemian, a kind of style that is very fucking fit.”

“And is this girl indie too?” Tom snickered as he sat back on the sofa with Nathan.

“I don’t know, maybe,” Jay shrugged, trying to remember her clothing. “I did see some tattoos but I don’t think she’s indie.”

“Only you would find that kind of lass, Bird,” Max shook his head.

“I bumped into her!” Jay defended. “And I threw coffee all over her sweater! It was accidental!”

“Smooth,” Nathan laughed.

“Sod off,” he groaned.

“So what? You wanna have a round with her or actually try?” Tom asked.

Jay opened his mouth, about to answer when his BlackBerry beeped with a new text. Looking down at the screen he found a playful answer to his morning question, which made him smile slightly. She had seemed very snippy when he brought her to the flat, but he had found out that she actually was really nice.

“What are you smiling at?” Nathan craned his head to see the text but Jay shoved him away. “You’re like an old fart, I swear.”

“Why don’t you go fuck that fourteen year old you snogged?” Jay spat at him, eliciting a laugh from Max and Tom.

“That was a mistake!” Nathan blushed madly, pointing his index at Jay. “I did not know she was fourteen! She seemed like she was older!”

“It was bloody disgusting, mate!” Tom patted the poor boy’s back. “You, pedophile, you.”

“I’m not a pedophile!” Nathan defended.

Whilst the boys bickered, Jay tried to focus on the little conversation he was having with Jodi, who seemed to be awfully bored with today’s lessons at Uni. He liked her, to be honest, and although he wanted to have some friends in LA aside from his band mates, he also missed having a girlfriend. Maybe Jodi could help him out.

From: Jodi
its so fuckin cold here, u wouldnt believe it and the old man is in a fuckin shirt

To: Jodi
Maybe hes secretly a frostgiant, who knows?


It was only when Jay sent it that he realized the mistake he made. Cursing repeatedly under his breath he wondered if he would ever find a way to bury his geeky side deep in so that it would never come out again. But when he received a text back he couldn’t believe his eyes.

From: Jodi
if hes a frostgiant then i’m an asgardian, genius. he’s like five inches tall.


Jay closed his eyes and grinned a little, knowing that two days ago definitely hadn’t been making his own luck, but following the course he had to so that he could find her.

“You look like a wuss with that smile,” Tom spoke through a mouthful of biscuits.

“And you look like a pig,” Jay laughed back, grabbing the football resting by his side and throwing it at his bandmate, who blocked it easily.

“Wanna take it outside?” he offered, standing up.

“We’re playing?” Nathan looked up from his phone.

“Sure,” Jay shrugged. “You in, Max?”

“As soon as I finish my tea,” he nodded.

“Alright then, let’s go!” Tom grabbed his coat and nothing more and burst out of the door. Jay sent a last text before smiling and taking his coat and scarf, ruffling Nathan’s hair on the way before he shut the door behind him.

To: Jodi
then i guess i’ll be the one to take you to asgard :)
♠ ♠ ♠
Extremely lame, but i'm tired as hell and i couldn't come up with something better.