Through Pain of Heart or Loss of Mind

Proper Meetings

I was standing outside smoking a cigarette when it happened. He came almost out of nowhere, as if he knew that if I saw him approaching I would leave. Needless to say, he was right. That was the first day I'd ever actually had a full conversation with Andy Biersack.
He had changed a lot since the last time I saw him. His long black hair was now brown and short, something that surprised me because he'd had black hair for as long as I could remember. He had a few more tattoos and he had gotten a bit tanner; not a lot, but a little. Andy was never tan. The one thing that didn't change? His gorgeous blue eyes.
“...what are you doing here?” I questioned awkwardly; the Black Veil Brides tour bus was on the other side of the park. Of course I checked.
“We need to talk.”
“About?” I asked dully, flicking my cigarette. I watched as the ashes fell down to the ground by my Converse before taking another drag.
“Us.”
“What about us? There is no 'us' nor is there a 'we', Andrew.”
He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “I knew this would be difficult, you've always been stubborn.”
“How do you know that? I've only talked to you a few select times and I regret every single one of them.”
“Because I'm the one who came over here to patch things up. Not you.”
“'Patch things up'? Why on earth would you want to do that?”
“Because I don't like this. I don't like us talking about one another behind our backs when we've never even had a full conversation. It's like we're in middle school and I'm getting sick of it.”
I took a drag. “Really now?”
“Yeah.”
I eyed him suspiciously, our eyes locking as I searched those bright blue orbs for an answer; needless to say, Andy had mastered the art of hiding his emotions and keeping them secret when he wanted to. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.
Did he actually want to be friends? Was he genuinely tired of this? Or was he planning something?
“What made you change your mind?” I asked, breaking the eye contact; he still wasn't budging. He kicked at the dirt with his black Converse, looking down with his hands in his pockets as he did so. I knew what that meant; he was embarrassed.
“I just figured- y'know, since we're here on Warped together and all- and since we don't even actually know each other- we should attempt to be friends.”
“Friends?” I questioned in shock; that was the last word I ever expected to hear from him. He hated me even more than I hated him.
“Yeah. I just- I don't even really know you, Storm. I have no right to hate you for the things I hear rather than the things I know. I-” He hesitated. “I want to get to know you.”
“Really?” I asked again.
“Really.”
We sat there in silence for a few moments, my heart's pounding ringing through my ears.
“Okay.”
He laughed a bit. “'Okay'? Is that a good okay or a bad okay?”
“It's an 'I'll be your friend till you fuck everything up' okay.”
“What makes you think I'll fuck it up?”
“I just- I have a feeling this isn't going to work. But alright, if you think so.”
He smiled and held out his hand. “Truce?”
“Truce.” I said, taking it. The touch sent chills down my spine, something he noticed immediately. He didn't say anything, however, to save the both of us from the embarrassment.
“So, erm-” I took my hand from his and threw down the cigarette butt, stomping on it with my shoe. “I'll see you later?”
“Yeah.” He said, turning on his heel. “See you.”
I watched as he turned and walked away, my heart fluttering in excitement that I quickly extinguished; I hated Andy. I hated him and I definitely didn't have feelings for him. I went back inside the tour bus and sat on my bunk, the one right above Raven's. None of the other members were in sight, probably somewhere else in the park. I heard the door open and close and looked over to find Raven looking up at me, a small grin tugging at his lips.
“Hey.”
Wait, if he just got in here- where was he?
“Hey. Where have you been?”
“Nowhere.” He said, climbing up and sitting on the bed next to me. He sat right in the crack of sunlight that was shining in through the window, causing his silver snakebites to glisten in the light. I always loved them, but I never actually got snakebites. I just had the one lip ring.
“Oh my god, were you-”
“Listening to you and Andy?” He smiled. “Maybe.”
“Ugh, fuck you.”
“Hey, I was curious. The two people that hate each other most were having a conversation, I couldn't pass that up. I must say, I am proud of you. You didn't yell.”
“Yeah.” I muttered, looking out the window; Andy was standing on the dirt path outside, talking to Kellin Quinn of Sleeping With Sirens. I sighed.
“So where's everyone else?”
“Uhh Jessica's with Mike Fuentes, Michael's with Vic and Alex is with-”
Just then Alex burst through the door, closing it behind him before sitting on his bunk opposite us. He sighed and wiped his forehead.
“Fuck, it's hot out there.” He looked around the bus and noticed we were the only ones in there. “Soooo, what's up?”
“Storm was talking to Biersack.” Raven blurted out. I hit him on the arm and he snickered, whilst a grin was forming on Alex's face.
“What? Storm was talking to Andy?”
“Shut the fuck up.” I smiled, rolling my eyes.
“So are you guys friends now?”
I looked out the window at Andy again, my eyes staying glued on him as he brought a cigarette up to his lips and lit it. God, he was attractive. But I would never admit that.
I sighed and, with one last attempt to slay their assumption that I liked him, said:

“Maybe.”