Swear To Shake It Up

YOU WERE EVERYTHING I WANTED

Emma side stepped him into the apartment. He followed her into the elevator. "Friend of yours?" He repeated himself. He didn't really look mad. Just really dissapointed." Yeah, he is uh.. my boyfriend." Brendon looked shocked. "you're boyfriend? What do you mean? What about us?" The door opened and Emma walked to her door. "What do you mean us? We gave up on that when I graduated. We moved on. We are different now." Brendon stuffed his fingers in his pockets. "I thought we were still together." Emma sighed. "Still together means you call your girlfriend at every opertunity. Having a girl means you stop by and see her. Not every three years. You have to be around more. I'm sorry."

Emma let them both in and she slipped off her shoes. Brendon leaned up against her wall." What do you mean? As in we arn't anymore?" Emma shook her head. "i'm sorry Brendon. You've left me and I just can't catch up to you." He came and sat next to her. "You don't love me even a tiny bit?" Emma was trying not to cry. "no, I love you to death! It's just the fact that you're never here for me. You're always gone. I need somebody who I can have all the time." Brendon stood up. "I will get you back." He tossed a small black box at her and left the room.

After he left Emma put the box on her nigthstand and pulled on pj's and put on the tv. It was nearly midnight and she flicked off the tv and stared at the little box. "What the hell is in there?" She couldn't help herself. She pulled off the lid and a peice of tiny paper fell out. In Brendon's scrawled writing it said. "Mary me?" Emma dumped out the box. A tiny ring fell out on her bed. It's gold shine glinted in the lamp light.

Emma shoved it back into the box and cried herself to sleep. He wasn't making moving on any easier on her. In the morning she called Kayce and told her what happened. "Well you should say yes duh." Kayce sounded like her old self. "I dunno I'm going to have to straighten this out a little bit" She hung up and went to work. Will came in as usual and she put on a happy face for him. Luckily he noticed nothing. She couldn't help to think. "brendon would have noticed if something was wrong with me."