Swear To Shake It Up

MAYBE; WE WERE MADE WE WERE MADE FOR EACHOTHER

When they got back in the car Will turned to her. "What did he want?" Emma unzipped her hoodie. "He just wanted to see how I was doing. That's all." Will turned on the car. "Ok, Just making sure you were ok and that he wasn't bothering you." They both sat in silence for a moment. When he let her out at her apartment he called her over to his window. "The place where we are getting married is surounded by flowers. They only bloom in June. How does June sound?" Emma thought for a minute. June sounded pretty. "June sounds great." He kissed her good-bye. "Only three more months until you're mine."

Emma walked up to her room. WHen was Brendon going to give up? WHy couldn't he move on? Why can't ...I.. move on? She threw open the door to her apartment. If there were any messages on her machine she was going to scream. there was. Sighing she pushed the button. "Meet me at BooksAMillion around 9. We should talk." Emma didn't want to go. She wanted to sleep but she knew she had to set things right. She walked back into the cold and drove tot he book store.

Ofcourse, she found him in the coffee area. He had ordered two Carmel Fraps. One for him and one for her. He knew she would drink it. Even if she didn't want to. She sat down. "What is there to talk about?" Brendon looked uneasy but very determined. "i love you. I can stay here for you. I don't have to travel around the world anymore. I want to stay here with you. I will do anything to get you back." Emma sipped her frap and observed him. His hair was untidy, he wore black jeans and a long coat, he had on a blue scarf and his read glasses. Very unkempt. But she loved him anyway.

"I'm sorry but you're too late. You could have asked me in the hospital or at graduation. It's not my fault you held back." Brendon eyed her." You've only been dating for a weekend and he asked you to marry? That's a little quick don't you think?" Emma had to admit he was right." yes, it was qucik ,but we love eachother so it doesn't matter." Brendon looked pissed." What about us? We were pretty much dating for 3 years and then I finally want to ask but you just leave? How is that fair?!" Emma brushed away a tear. " You weren't there. I had to leave. I couldn't put my life on hold for you! Now I found Will and he is everything I need! Why can't you accept that?" Brendon leaned back in his chair. "because it's not me you're marrying. It's him." He got up. "Don't think this is over." When he stared at her Emma had noticed something on his glasses. It was a tear. She watched him walk out of the store. He was crying for her.