Swear To Shake It Up

I Really DONT LIKE YOU

Kayce was tugging Emma along behind her. Emma turned on the heat in the car and turned toward a crying Kayce. "Are you going to be ok?" Kayce looked up. "yeah, I knew something like this would happen to me. I knew I shouldn't get close to him. What am I supposed to do now?" Emma put a comforting arm around her. " I say see how this plays out. Don't go too fast but make sure he knows that you do not need him. I take it no Las Vegas..?" Kayce giggled through her tears and wipped her eyes. "No, I am still going to go, but not for the same reasons. I am going with you for your happiness because you still have Brendon." Emma hugged her. "Thanks big sis."

Emma could make out 4 shapes comming toward the car in the darkness. Kayce shivered. emma patted her arm. "I'll take care of this." Emma stepped out of the car to face the new commers. Brendon imediatly reached out and brought her into his arms. "poor thing. you're shivering." Emma hugged him. "I'm fine." She turned to Ryan. "Just don't mess with her tonight ok? She isn't doing well. Since we are back in town you can take a cab home. I dunno if you want to come back to my house or not. Either way I don't care. Jon? Spencer? Where are your girls?" Jon leaned against the car. "They are meeting us in Vegas. Kind of a get together thing." Spencer yawned. "Ditto." Emma stared Ryan down. He refused to look at her. "I'm comming back to the house." Emma shrugged. "What ever."

Brendon and Jon pilled in. Ryan decided to take a cab back with Spencer so he wouldn't be alone. For Kayce, the drive seemed like it took for ever. She knew that the night ahead was going to be hell. After arriving home Kayce hurried upstairs and took her shower. She dressed quickly in her pj's and headed down the stairs. Ryan was on his way up. He grabbed her hand. She snatched it back. "DON'T TOUCH ME! AND YOU CAN SPEND ALL NIGHT TALKING TO LAUREN BECAUSE IM TAKING THE COUCH." Kayce thundered down the stairs and Ryan slunk into the shower to get the sticky coke out of his hair.

The guys all went to sleep fairly early. Emma stayed downstairs with Kayce until almost mid night. The two girls sat up late drinking hot chocolate and watching chik flicks. They were back to basics. It was almost if they were little girls again ,but this time the world was on their shoulders. Emma realized it was almost one. "kayce girl? I'm going to crawl in bed next to Brendon. Feel free to come up anytime ok?" Kayce hugged her good night. "Im good thankyou." Emma flicked off the lights. When Kayce heard her close her door she turned on the fire place and laid down. She needed the fire to warm her. Mentally and phisically.

Emma crawled into bed. She had to shove Brendon over in order to have enough sleeping space. He grumbled. "i thought you would never come!" He rolled over and hugged her. "Why are you always so cold?" Emma laughed. "Because you're not always around to kepe me warm. Or would you rather me be cold?" He stroked her hair. "I could keep you warm or I could leave you cold. There is a difference in what i can do and what I will do. For example I can by "I" I mean we can have sex right now BUT I am actually going to let you sleep." She kissed him. "how generous of you!" He pulled her closer to him. "how is Kayce? Ryan is pretty beat up but it is his fault." Emma sighed. "yeah, she isn't doing well. I just hope nothing worse happens." Brendon ruffled her hair. "We can only wait and see."

Emma came downstairs to check on Kayce when she woke up. What she found was a girl laying in a ball by the crackling fire. She knelt down beside her. "kayce girl, you can't live like this forever. Besides. I'm sure you wil get over this and find a new guy! You always do! Come on look on the bright side! We are going to Vegas tomorrow!" Kayce rolled over. "morning already? Wow, I must have cried the whole night. I am fine now, I really am. I think I just need to leave for a while. Get my head back you know?" Emma nodded and helped her to her feet. "Do what ever you must." Kayce borrowed Emma's hoodie and Rainbows. She grabbed Emma's keys and took off out the door.

Jon came downstairs about an hour after Kayce left. Emma made them both tea. Jon patted Emma's arm. "So.. what are we going to do about Ryan and Kayce?" Emma rolled her eyes. "I have no idea. I am at lost. Obviously they like eachother but Ryan's stupid mistake made this happen. Maybe I need to sit down and talk with Ryan?" Jon made a coughing sound and jerked his head sideways. Ryan sat down next to her. "No need to wake me. I am already here."