Fast Times at Clairemont High

Chapter 8

*VIC’S POV*

I didn’t hesitate to grab my keys and run out the door. Kellin needs me and now is my time to show him how much I care. I rushed to my car and hopped in. Soon enough, I was parked in front of Kellin’s house to find him sitting outside of Ben’s house in just a shirt and pants. Kellin got up and ran to my car, getting in.
“Go, go.” He ordered, his teeth chattering. I stepped on the gas and turned the corner. I saw the relief on his pale face.
“What’s going on, Kellin?” I asked.
“Ben tried to take advantage of me.” He said coldly. I wasn’t sure what to say, or even think. But I did know I have to be there for him, so he knows he’s safe around me. I put my hand on his. He pulled it away.
“Not now.” Kellin said. That kind of hurt.
“I’m just trying to help Kellin-“
“I’m fine just take me somewhere.” He scolded. I did as I was told and took my hand back. I understand he probably wants his space after what just happened. The ride to my house was silent, but my head was still racing. What should I do? What does Kellin want me to do? Am I making things worse? Well, I guess he trusts me a bit since he called me, but still. I wish there was something more I could do to help. But I guess for now I’ll just give him time. We pulled up into my driveway. Before I could put the car in park, Kellin jumped out and stomped up the stone path, tapping his foot by the front door, waiting for me to unlock it. I rolled my eyes to myself. I walked over and unlocked it.
“Thanks,” Kellin mumbled. He bursted through the door and stomped up the stairs, waking Jaime up.
“Fucking shit,” Jaime groaned, hitting his head on the coffee table as he popped up, surprised by the sudden noise.
“Sorry,” I said for Kellin. “Kellin’s here. He’s sick,” I lied, putting my keys on the table. I leaned against the front door, looking at a tired Jaime.
“Oh, can I meet him?” Jaime smiled tiredly.
“Not now, at least. He’s cranky. I’m gonna go check on him,” I excused myself, taking my time going up the stairs.
“Good luck.” Jaime yawned, probably going back to sleep. I continued up the stairs, to maybe find him in the guest room. He wasn’t in there. Maybe my room. I opened my door to see him practically pouting on the bed.
“Oh, do you want me to go?” I said softly. He looked up at me. His hard, stubborn face quickly grew soft as his eyes started to water. My instinct was to go hug him, but I wasn’t sure. As the first tear fell down his flawless face, he jumped from the bed and exploded in my arms, hugging me and sobbing into my chest.
“I’m s-sorry..I’m such a douche to y-you..” he confessed in between sobs. I threw my arms around him tightly, rubbing his back. Is he finally opening up to me?
“Don’t worry about that Kellin. How about you get some rest?” I offered lightly. He looked up at me, red-eyed and a wet face. He pulled away and grabbed my hand, trying to calm down. He looked conflicted, and shy almost. Very unlike him. I was so intrigued, I stared into his eyes, as if trying to read his thoughts. Kellin pulled on my hand, telling me to follow as he took small, slow steps back towards the bed. I followed open-heartedly. He crawled onto to it and looked at me as he sniffed. I pulled my blanket over him and sat next to him.
“Lay with me..” he wiped his tears away. I was almost surprised. It took me a minute to process what he said. He never seemed like the cuddling type, but I guess he’s really hurting. I got under the covers with him, almost feeling awkward. Do I make a move? What is too far? But the silence was filled as Kellin instantly clung to me, wrapping his legs and arms around me, lightly sobbing. I rubbed his back and ran my fingers through his dark hair. His sobbing slowed down. I didn’t stop holding him. This was..sweet. I’ve only imagined having a moment with Kellin like this. I knew it would be good, but I didn’t know it would feel so right. I never wanted to leave this bed with him. “Thanks.” He whispered. I kissed his forehead lightly and smiled to myself. I pulled him in closer and sighed happily. We laid there almost all day. Sleeping, talking, wrestling, cuddling. It meant the world to me. He told me about his parents and more details about last night, and how he hit his head. We shared stories and talked about music. I felt like I really got to know him. He started talking to me like I mattered, like he respected me. Not like sex toy, like before. There was no kissing or touching. No pressure to need to make a move or feel used. Kellin was an actual, genuine person. I wouldn’t trade his trust for the world, now that I think I have it. This day has only made me fall hopelessly for him.
“I’m hungry.” He groaned, hanging up side down off the bed. I glanced at the clock. 3’oclock.
“Alright, come on,” I agreed. He got up and followed me out of the room. He followed me down the stairs to find Jaime and Mike still here, playing videogames. “Guys, this is my friend Kellin-“
“Hey, hi! I’m Jaime!” Jaime jumped over the couch almost falling to the floor. He regained himself and laughed, sticking his hand out.
“Uhh, Kellin,” he said nervously, but he shook Jaime’s hand back.
“So how do you know Viccy?” Jaime teased. I started to freak as Kellin’s face flashed a bright pink. I just stayed quiet for now. I don’t know what Jaime was getting at, but he better watch his back. I walked into the kitchen, Jaime and Kellin following, sitting at the table.
“Um, I met him at a party.” He said simply. “7 minutes in heaven.” He threw me a wicked smile. I just continued looking for the orange juice in the fridge, pretending to ignore them.
“Yeah? Nice!” they bumped fists. “How’d that go?”
“Swimmingly.” I could hear his grin in his voice. Jaime and him laughed.
“What do you want to eat, Kell?” I asked, now searching the pantry. I heard the chair scoot across the hard wood floor, followed by a pair of arms low wrapped around me from behind.
“Aww, pet names,” Jaime cooed. We ignored.
“I don’t care, whatever you want.” He said tiredly, burying his face in the small of my back.
“You must have some sort of preference.” I said. I heard Tony and Mike enter the kitchen.
“I don’t eat much.” Kellin said.
“Hey, you a friend of Vic’s? I’m Mike. I turned to see Mike smiling at the boy clinging to my waist. He let go to go greet him. I just grabbed some cereal, milk, and bowls on the counter.
“Hope this is cool,” I said, sitting next to Kellin who was now hanging with Mike at the bar stools.
“Oh, yeah. Thanks,” Kellin smiled sweetly. I could never see that smile enough. This was the first day I got the pleasure to see that pure grin on his face, and I swear, it lights up my world. The least I could do was smile back. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, leaving a small shade of pink on his face. Kellin sort of looked away, still wearing a small smile. I feel like I’ve touched Kellin. Unlike I did before. I think he’s starting to like me emotionally, not just physically. Kellin never used to blush and was never bashful. But today, I think I found the softer side to a very broken boy. A boy who used to trust but was only turned down or hurt. I hope I can bring out the best in him and show him it’s okay to trust again. That it’s okay to trust me.
At that moment, I just wanted to pick him up and carry him to my room and sweep him off his feet. But I let him finished eating. I didn’t realize I was dragged into my thoughts until Mike spoke again.
“Ohh, so this is the guy you met at the party that you liked so much?” Mike grinned, resting his hand on his fist.
“Shush!” I warned. Kellin isn’t supposed to know I talk about him outside of our exclusive relationship. Kellin gave a weary look. I knew I was getting a beating later. Mike just laughed.
“I’ll leave you two. Later,” Mike smiled, turning the corner back into the living room.
“I hate you,” Kellin muttered, his mouth full of Cap’n Crunch. “I thought what we had was private.”
“It is! I just told my friends I met you at the party and I had a crush, that’s all,” I tried to reassure him, but gave away my position instead. Kellin’s eyes widened. He swallowed.
“You…like me?” he asked, shocked.
“Uh, yeah? Why would I have even kissed you if I didn’t?” I asked.
“I just thought you were using me like I was-…” Kellin stopped himself. He didn’t need to finish.
“Like you were using me? Kellin, I’m not stupid. I know you don’t like me. I’m just a hopeless romantic who craves affection. I don’t even know why I keep telling myself ‘maybe he’ll like me if I do this or that’. Because I know it won’t happen.” I stared at the floor, each word I said punching me in the face. Kellin looked down too. I could tell he felt bad, but he also didn’t deny it.
“To be honest,” Kellin put his spoon down and faced me, putting his hand on mine. “I’m starting to like you, but I have trust issues. At first I just wanted a physical thing. But after how you’ve stood by me even when I’m a whiny bitch, I’m impressed.” He smiled weakly at me, his glossy eyes looking up into mine.
I smiled.
“I’m not leaving, Kells.” I reinforced. I decided I want to be Kellin’s support system. If he ever needs me for whatever stupid reason, I want him to come to me. I want him to come crying to me when he’s too weak to carry on so I can carry on for him. I want to be his everything. I pushed the black curls out of his face. “I’ll be right here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry guys ivebeen really depressed lately haha.