Fast Times at Clairemont High

Chapter 9

I smiled at Vic, still a little bit scared, and to be honest I didn't know what to say. I knew for sure that I wasn't ready for a relationship, but I guess giving him a chance to prove that he's not a total asshole wouldn't hurt... I looked down at my feet and took a deep breath.
"Thank you, Vic." looking back up at him and he smiled and leaned over to kiss my forehead, making me blush. He wrapped his arms gently around me, making me smile even more as I hugged him back, unsure what to say. It's been so long since I've been dealing with all this romance stuff, and I was actually scared to be hurt again. Vic didn't seem like a person who would hurt me, and it seemed like he wanted me to be happy. But I've been tricked before, thinking someone was just kind a loving when they suddenly one day turned into a whole new person.

After just sitting and hugging for a while, we decided to go back upstairs and just laying in bed being lazy all day. We talked more and it started to get late. It was Sunday, which means I have school tomorrow. I groaned at the thought.
"What's wrong? You seem frustrated." Vic looked at me with a concerned look. I shook my head and stared at the wall.
"No, nothing. Not really looking forward to go back to school. I have no idea how it will be facing Ben after what happened. If I'm lucky, he doesn't remember anything." I covered my face in my hands, only to have Vic pull them away and kissing my cheek.
"I'm sure it'll be fine. You're friends, right? Give him a chance." Sighing, I looked at him and nodded.
"You're right. I'm dumb."
"You're not!" Vic pouted, and I giggled at him. He's too cute for his own good.

I looked at the time, and I noticed it was getting really late. Vic was nice enough to drive me home, and awkward silence filled the car the whole time until we were outside my house.
"Thanks for, you know.. Helping me out and driving me home and stuff." I'm not sure if I liked that he brought out the shy side of me, but he didn't seem to mind, and I didn't complain. I could probably get used to this, because honestly, it felt like I was more like myself when I was with him.
"Anytime, Kells. You have my number, just call me whenever. Even if you just wanna hang out something, I'm always here." He patted my head and grinned at me. I just nodded and leaned over and kissed his cheek before opening the door and making my way towards my house. I closed the door behind me, and heard him drive off. Time went by so fast while we were just chilling and lying in his bed doing nothing. Being so comfortable and relaxed with someone was new to me. Shit, I barely even knew him! This was so weird, and not like me at all. Until I know I can trust him, I have to be careful and not get to close. I leaned against the door and sighed. I really hope things are gonna work out for me this time.

------------

My alarm went off and I just pushed it off the bedside table and heard it fall to the ground. I was too tired to check on it, but at least it went quiet. I groaned and sat up. Only two more weeks, and I'll be free. At least for a while. I stretched my arms and yawned while standing up and making my way to the bathroom to do my normal morning routine before making my way downstairs, seeing my mom passed out on the couch. I tried to be as quiet as possible while making myself some food, quickly shoveling it into my mouth and running out the door. Me and my mom never got together, and waking her up early in the morning was never a good idea. When I got outside the first thing I saw was Mitch standing there, waving at me
"Good morning, sunshine." I groaned and walked past him and started walking towards school. I didn't know where Ben was, and the curiosity got the best of me.
"Where is Ben?" I turned around and Mitch frowned.
"I don't know, I was going to ask you..." I just turned back around and kept walking, hoping I wouldn't see him at school.

Of course, when we entered the classroom, Ben was sitting there, grinning at us. Mitch went to walk over to him, and I followed even though I really wanted to sit in the other end of the classroom, I sat down next to Mitch.
"Where were you this morning?" Ben looked at Mitch, and it was obvious he was trying to come up with an excuse.
"No reason, I just woke up early, and decided to go buy a coffee on my way to school." Bullshit. Mitch bought it, and shrugged. This was probably gonna be a long day, and I have a feeling things won't be the same between me and Ben again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is short, but I just wanted to update to say I'M BAAACK!
This time, I promise I'm gonna update at least once every week. Writing takes a little bit of time for me, since I'm Norwegian and yeah. I'm trying not to screw up with the grammar and stuff. Also, please comment. It makes me superhappy to see that people are actually reading this. I will also be writing Kellin's POV from now on, but Vic's POV will come once in a while too.