Status: Hey! I am currently just posting as I write, so bear with me and we'll see where that leads.

Forever and Goodbye

Welcome to New Haven

It had been about a day since Callie and I had reunited, and with each fleeting second I could taste my freedom growing thicker on my tongue; it tasted of cinnamon, with a dash of sweet vanilla: just like Callie.
At our every stop, I eyed the security guards: my face had not hit the billboards yet apparently, but it certainly did not hurt to be careful for a change. One mistake could mean the end of my little escapade, and right now, watching over the woman I had come to love as she slept the morning away, I was not prepared to give it up for the world; Simply because she had become all of my world.
Once again I caught myself stroking her silky hair, (I had done so about 50 times already, but it's softness never ceased to amaze me), and stared out the bus window worriedly. The weather had seemed to shift last night, and since then had begun to worsen with each passing hour. Luckily, Callie and I were nearing our destination and should be catching our plane tomorrow night, if the weather allowed it to be so. However, the wind kept picking up as the day progressed, and the sky had darkened to a near black. The bus would surely pull over once the dour pour began, (I doubt anyone could see in such a storm), and our escape would have to wait another day.

As if reading my mind, our bus driver for the day (a woman in her young 30's with long blonde hair and a body to kill for), announced in a sleepy voice that due to the weather, our next stop, somewhere in the boonies called 'New Haven', would be our last stop until the skies cleared.
"Hey, babe, wake up," I nudged Callie awake, and ignored her charming moans of protest. With a kiss, her eyes opened slightly and a smile began to appear on the tip of her lips. She gave a playful tug on my hair, and turned over, setting her head onto my lap.
"I don't wanna get up. We're not even close by the looks of it!" I nudged her again, this time more forcefully, gaining a slightly annoyed grunt in return.
We had entered a small town in what seemed like the middle of nowhere, where the streets lay cold in the early morning, littered with dying leaves of yellows and reds.
"Callie, the bus stops here until the weather's cleared, sweetie; we gotta get our stuff and wait till this storm passes."
She finally rose from my lap and looked around groggily. Everyone around us seemed to be rousing with a sense of annoyance at this delay; especially a plump teen mother and her very young baby: the babe was bellowing for his breakfast while the rings around her eyes screamed exhaustion.
Callie swept her eyes around the bus once more before locking them with mine. A hundred questions seemed to pass through those green eyes at once, searching for answers I knew I could never possess.
"Where are we?" She decided to go with, instead, her dimples shone through her ivory skin, making her snakebites curve upward as her smile deepened.

Again I looked outside my window into the dark, dreary day. We were now pulling into what looked like a small gas station of no repute; most likely a small bus station for an even smaller town (if you could call it one). The words 'New Haven Bus Station' were printed in small blue letters across the side of the small brick building, although they were barely recognizable through what seemed to be the beginnings of a gorgeous red Virginia Creeper. Where were we, exactly?That was a great question. This place looked ancient, and positively covered with churches. Not the most fantastic sign.
"It's called New Haven, I think..." I remarked warily. A place with this many Catholic churches made me uncomfortable, especially since I had a beautiful, completely gay woman beside me who had just begun tracing her fingers along the veins of my wrists. She knew how much that pulled at my strings, especially when she stroked the fading scars hidden within those wrists. That was one thing we could always understand about each other; we both knew the overwhelming urge to rip open a vein that had once long ago governed our lives...

Callie's hand suddenly slipped, and a grin now replaced her sleepy smile.
"New Haven, you say?" Excitement filtered her voice like a child's at Christmas when Santa had visited. "I know just the person to call. No sleeping under the stars tonight! C'mon," She said, as she stood and dug for her cell phone and cigarettes, "you're going to love this guy."

Callie kissed my lips and hurried down the steps of the now unloading bus: she hadn't smoked in about 4 hours, and she was the crankiest person alive without her nicotine fix.
I guess everything was just working out, with Callie knowing a local and all, but somehow my stomach churned and I felt sick with the thought of staying in this quiet ghost town.

No matter how much I tried, even as I smoked one of Callie's very own Red Next, I could not shake the ominous feeling I had about New Haven, and this guy (whose name was Jake), she seemed so eager to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated for a bit, I've been getting busier and busier. I'll try my best to stay on top, though.