Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Time of my Life

“Billie? What do you think of this?” I asked while looking down at the cream colored dress I was wearing. Billie and I were getting married in a week and I went out to the local thrift store for my dress. It was a simple, creamy white dress that hung just above my knee. It was perfect. Billie, who had been strumming Blue, looked up.

“You look great.” He answered. I looked in the mirror once more before letting out a sigh. My stomach was getting a slight bump and I was feeling a little sad about it. I placed my hands on hips.

“Will you unzip me?” I asked. Billie eagerly puts Blue down and walked toward me, easily unzipping the dress and watching as it tumbled to the floor. I felt his warm hands pull me against him and he wrapped his arms around me. This time I didn't smile like I normally did when Billie would hold me.

“What's the matter?” He mumbled against my cheek, while resting his head on my shoulder. I looked down at my feet.

“It's nothing.” I answered. Billie nuzzled my neck.

“C'mon, tell me what's wrong.” He begged. I sighed.

“It's just, I'm getting...bigger.” I whispered, not daring to look at him. Billie raised his eyebrows.

“Bigger? Jules it's only been three months.” He comforted. I nodded my head.

“I know, it's just different.” I answered, feeling pretty pathetic. Billie looked at me sympathetically through the mirror, like he was trying to think of something to say. He moved his hands to where my stomach was visible in the mirror. I went to cover my stomach again, but he held my arms firmly.

“Don't hide from me.” He whispered in my ear. I looked back down at my feet. Billie placed his hands on my hips. “Look at you, you're beautiful.” He said. My cheeks went red as he moved my hair off my neck and placed small kisses on my shoulder. I grinned.

“What are you doing?” I giggled. Billie pressed himself against me.

“You turn me on just standing here in your underwear.” He mumbled against my neck. I rolled my eyes as he tried to remove his t-shirt.

“Woah there horny ass.” I scolded. Billie frowned.

“We're getting married next week, so no sex until then. I realize it's not the same, but, I want it to be somewhat traditional, ya know?” Billie nodded his head.

“I get it babe, I get it.” He said while rubbing the back of his neck. He looked down at the floor. “I've got a little bit of a problem though.” He said as his cheeks went pink. Billie rarely gets embarrassed, so I felt a little twinge of guilt creeping up.

“I'm sorry baby.” I cooed as I kissed his lips. “Look on the bright side...you've got your right hand.” I joked. Billie scoffed.

“I was hoping those days were behind me.” He muttered. I smirked.

“You do realize when the baby's born, we can't have sex for at least six weeks, right?” I asked. Billie's eyes widened.

“Fuck, are you serious?” He exclaimed. I laughed.

“Babe, trust me we'll be too tired for sex, so I'll let you enjoy me while you can." I commented with a wink. Billie smiled as I laid back on the bed. “Mom called this morning.” I mumbled as I lay down next to him. Billie raised his eyebrows.

“Really? What'd she say?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Not a whole lot, she's coming to the wedding though.” I answered. Mom and I had sorta made up, but not completely. Ollie's reaction was the total opposite of my mother's. She was so excited to have a new baby in the family and was helping me with all of the wedding preparations. I was happy to have her help, but this is something my mother was supposed to be doing with me. Billie sighed.

“Hey, at least she's coming.” He reminded. I nodded.

“Things are just so weird between us, Billie. It's like we were never family.” I said. “She hasn't even asked about the baby. I don't understand why it bothers her so much.” I explained. Billie bit his lip.

“She probably didn't expect us to get back together, Jules. I'm just being honest here.” He said truthfully. “I know your mom doesn't hate me, but I think part of her resents me for the fact that I left you for nearly a year.” He answered. I was surprised a little at Billie's words. I never even considered my mother's anger really being towards him. It hurt me to think of my mother resenting Billie. He could have easily left me when we found I was pregnant, but instead he's here and we're about to start the rest our lives together. I reached over and ran my hand up and down his back.

“She'll get over it.” I said while Billie laid down next to me. “She always does.” I added, with a forced smile. Truthfully, I didn't even believe what I was telling Billie. My mother had never acted this way before to anyone. I truly do hope she gets over it. This is suppose to be the happiest time of my life. I'm marrying my best friend and yet, all I can think about is whether or not it pleases my mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank YOU to Poison and Blood for commenting!! Guys, I'm up to over 100 readers, which is INSANE!! Thank YOU! Let me know what you guys think!

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo