Status: slowly working on it

The Frozen Hearts

Assurance Flight [PART1]

Alisa's POV

There is no greater feeling in the world than that feeling you get when you finally get to take a break. A break from the world. A break from your stresses. Finally a time when you can just be. With no worries.

That's the feeling I held in my hands as I took a seat in the plane. I had just finished my final exams and I was now on my way to South Africa to see my gammy(my grandma). This was going to be a long flight and I packed a long novel to keep myself occupied.

I took my novel and opened the book at the page where my bookmark lay. Page 473. What no?!
This book was 487 pages long. I cant believe I read that many pages whilst I was sitting in the waiting area. Well i sort of had a lot of time considering the fact that I got to the airport early because I couldn't wait to get my break started.

Oh gosh this is going to be a long flight. I take a deep sigh and fasten my seatbelt even though its not time yet. I continue reading my novel and then a figure takes the seat next to mine.
I give the figure a sideways glance and notice that it is a male figure. He's tan, wearing a baseball cap and some dark shades. He smells like he literally swam in perfume.

'Hola I'm Cristiano,' the man next to me says with a load of confidence.

Cristiano's POV

The blonde sited next to me lifts her head from the book that she is reading.
Oh wow its that weird girl from the shoot earlier on. Whoa she actually does read. Now what's her name? A something...

'Andrea is it?' I flash her my most charming smile.

Again she does it. She just looks away with no emotion. No shock. No fluster.
I frown at this. Now I'm going to have to sit with this weirdo for a long time oh gosh. I want a little fun. She should just aleast try to flirt. I like it when girls flirt with me.

The little seatbelts flash signaling that it is time to fasten seatbelts. I take deep sigh knowing that this is going to be a long flight.

She finally finished her book with not even 30 minutes into the flight. She kind of looks disappointed. She must really love books then.

'Why do you love them so much?' I inquire.

she looks at me questioningly before saying, 'my name is Alisa, and I love them because whenever I read a book I can be someone else. Someone not me. Anyone but me.'

'What's wrong with being you?' this is strange. 'You are beautiful, intelligent I think judging by the fact that you read books. Your career must be flourishing seeing as you managed to be in a shoot with me. So why not just be you?'

She seems a bit taken aback by what I have just said.

'My life is not that perfect.............. Did you just call me beautiful?' she mumbled the first part that I almost didn't hear it.

I chuckle a bit. 'Yes I did, why do you look so shocked? don't tell me you have never been called beautiful.'

She doesn't answer my question but instead looks down at her finished book.

'You cant be serious. You are seriously kidding.' She cant tell me that no guy thinks she is attractive. I mean come on look at her.

'Well I have been called other things; sexy, gorgeous etc but never beautiful.' she answers quietly. I can almost hear the heartbreak in her voice.

'I don't know about all those stupid guys in your life but I know that if I were them I would call you beautiful everyday.' I looked away almost immediately after those words left my mouth.
I am foolish. Since when do I say sweet things to girls. Never! NO!! I don't even say such things to my girlfriend.
This has to end here.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cristiano and Alisa are on the same flight sharing a bit of themselves to each other................ Will this lead somewhere or is it just another quickly surfacing tale??