Status: slowly working on it

The Frozen Hearts

Joyride on the side of exhaustion

Alisa's POV

I sat in Cristiano's car and took in the amazing interior. I wasn't a car expert but even I knew that this was an amazing car. It sort of smelt like him. It was comfy too. I let my head rest on the seat.

He walked into his side after putting my luggage in the back. It wasn't much because I wasn't planning on staying for long. This was my country of birth but every street corner haunted me with memories I wanted to escape. They would come back like a splash of ice cold water on my face.

I would almost relive the moments again. Some memories were welcomed with warm smiles but most brought pain and heartache all over again. That is why I left to study in a country so faraway that even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to feel the coastal winds during the summer.

'What are you always thinking about?' Cristiano tok me out of my train of thoughts with a little bit of a startle.

'What do you mean always?' I inquired.

he chuckled a bit but his smile remained as he continued talking. 'I leave you for a moment and next thing you are in your little world thinking about the past'

'How do you know I'm thinking about the past?' I asked quietly feeling as if I had been read like an open book. I was supposed to be the psychologist. I was meant to tell different emotions apart.

He looked straight into my eyes and said, 'You don't send the impression of someone running into the future, you give off the impression of someone running from the past. Every decision you seem to make is made based on your past and not your future. What are you running from?'

I wasn't just about to gush out my lifestory to him after only knowing him for more or less a day. I didn't trust him enough. I decided to look away and hope he got the sign that I didn't want to talk about anything further on this topic.

Cristiano's POV

I had pushed it too far this time. Never in my entire life had I ever inquired about someone's past. Maybe their future but never their past. I drove slowly in hopes that I wouldn't reach the destination even though I was very exhausted. Exhaustion also showed on Alisa's body. She seemed restless. Unlike her usual very calm self. She was changing her seating position quite frequently.

So I decided to adjust her seat for her to a ,ore comfortable position. She looked at me slightly before leaning back and shutting her eyes a little. The GPS read that I was 1 km away from the destination. I could make it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cristiano and Alisa have started to take an interest in each others lifestyles..... What will happen after???
sorry for the short update I will definitely try to update on thursday