Status: a working progress...

A Flair for the Dramatic

Going South

'Jaime! Mi hijo! You home yet?' Jaime ran down the stairs and into his mothers arms.

'I'm right here mama!' She chuckled and cuddled her beloved son tightly.

'How was school mi hijo?' She asked as she let go of Jaime and walked into the small kitchen. Jaime followed, his eyes filling with tears. In truth Jaime hated school, he was bullied a little and had no friends because people said he was too much work being bipolar. This led to Jaime being frequently depressed and upset.

'Mi hijo, what's wrong? Tell me Jaime.' His mother pulled him into the stool opposite her, keeping her arm around his shoulder. Jaime opened his mouth but shut it again almost immediately, letting out another sob. 'Come on mi hijo. Tell mama.'

'The other kids don't like me. They tell me I'm difficult. That I shouldn't be in a normal school.' Jaime wiped his nose on his jacket sleeve. 'I don't like it mama. I hate school so much.'

'No sweetheart you are not difficult.' Jaime's mother tucked her long dark hair behind her ear. 'Since you hate school so much, why don't I phone a place I know that will be good for you?' Jaime looked up at his mother all glassy eyed and scared.

'What do you mean mama?' Jaime wiped his nose on his jacket, again.

'I mean there is a place, called Claremont unit, which takes in special boys like you Jaime.' Jaime smiled a big toothy smile. 'Everything will be fine mi hijo.'

-=-

Jaime sat nervously on the kitchen stool listening to his mother talking to someone on the phone. In all honesty, Jaime was excited as well as scared. He knew deep down this place would be good for him, if they took him in.

'Yes, it's my son, Jaime. He is fifteen.' His mother nodded and hummed in response to the questions being asked.

'His disorder? Um bipolar.' Another couple nods and hums.

'He gets bullied at school. He is a very special boy. Serious.' Jaime put his head to one side. Not quite sure how to interpret the information his mother gave about him.

'Yes that would be perfect. I'm sure he'll be fine. Yes. Thank you.' Jaime's mother said goodbye and put the phone down.

'What did they say?' Jaime asked, palms sweating.

'They said you can be moved in at the end of the week. They sound very happy to be having you.' Jaime smiled as his fears were pushed to the back of his head.

-=-

Soon enough Jaime was sat on his bedroom floor sorting through his clothes, books and photos. Trying to decide what to take with him.

'What if I take this and they make fun of me?' Jaime asked himself, while picking up a book of bass chords and another of songs both written by Jaime himself.

'What if they hurt me like the people at school do? Why is this so hard!?!' Jaime yelled and threw his work at his simple white wall.

'Jaime? Are you ok? Do you need any help?' Jaime's mother asked as she stood in the doorway of Jaime's room. Jaime nodded.

'Yes please mama, this is harder than I thought it would be.' Jaime's mother smiled and sat opposite him on the floor, refolding his chosen clothes.

'Mama, what do you think it'll be like there?' Jaime knotted his hands together and put them in his lap, peaking up t his mother every couple seconds, waiting for her answer.

'Honestly mi hijo, I have no idea. It'll be different but better. Things will get better. I promise.' Jaime nodded. However, he still had his doubts about going to this unit.

-=-

Jaime sat in the passenger seat, looking out at the lush green forest that surrounded the small village in the south. It was simple and old fahioned. Jaime decided he liked it. Soon enough Jaime's mother had pulled into a large, old fashioned house in the country side. Again Jaime decided he liked it. He thought it was peaceful and he liked the look of the house. Jaime got his bags out the boot of the car and followed his mother through the main doors.

'Hi, can I help you?' A black haired male with blue eyes and loads of tattoos asked as Jaime and his mother walked to the large desk he was sat behind.

'Yes, my son, Jaime is being admitted in here today.' The man smiled slightly and shuffled papers around.

'Ah, here we go. Jaime Alberto Preciado. Just sign here and I'll call for Amy.' He smiled as he placed a sheet of paper ontop of the desk along with a blue pen. Jaime's mother made short work of the small stack of papers as the male spoke on the phone to someone.

'Alright Amy will be down in a couple minutes, take a seat if you like.' Another smile then he went back to his work. A few seconds later, a red haired, green eyed, tall woman dressed in a fitted grey suit walked through the double doors near the reception desk.

'Hello, I'm Amy. I care for the boys here. It's nice to meet you Mrs. Preciado and Jaime.' She smiled and shook hands with them both. 'I'm sorry to say that you'll have to leave Jaime with us now. Parents aren't allowed past those double doors.' Jaime's eyes filled with tears.

'Jaime, don't cry mi hijo you'll be fine. I love you. I'll visit very soon.' She gave Jaime a tight hug and a kiss to the cheek before letting him follow Amy through the double doors.

'Jaime, you'll be fine here, the other boys are great as are the staff. If you have any problems you come to me and I'll sort it.' Amy put a reassuring arm around Jaime's shoulders and led him to the living area.

'Boys this is Jaime. Introduce yourself, show him around and be nice.' Amy said to the five boys sat in various locations around the living area.

'I'm Alan. I'll show you around.' A little ginger boy stood up from the window and walked to stand in front of Jaime, a smile forming on his face.

'Perfect. I'll check up on you later Jaime.' Amy left the room and disappeared down the hall.

'I'm Oliver, but you can call me Oli.' A boy with swooping brown hair who was covered in tattoos smiled and waved from the corner near the phone.

'Ben.' Another boy with messy, long brown hair smiled.

'Jack and this is Alex.' A boy waved, his hair dark brown with a blonde streak, pointed to another boy next to him, who had red/brown hair.

'Ok, now that you've met everyone, I'll show you your room.' Jaime followed Alan up to the first floor.

'So this is your floor, your alone which sucks but I am too. I on the second floor and the rest are on the third.'

'Right. Will I get anybody on this floor with me?' Jaime asked as he unlocked his door and put his thingson his bed.

Alan nodded. 'Eventually, there are four people in each floor so soon ther will be twelve of us and the staff sleep on the ground floor.'

'That's cool I guess.'

'Dinner is in half an hour so I'll leave you to unpack what you can then I'll come and get you?' Alan asked as he walked to the doorway.

'Sure. And um...Alan?'

'Yeah Jaime?'

'We're friends right?' Jaime blushed.

'Of course, you'll become friends with all if us. We're all in this together you know.' Alan smiled then left Jaime to unpack by himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating but this is a working progress:( I have started another chapter so hopefully it'll be finished and uploaded in the next couple day if not by the weekend. Comments are much appreciated, tell me what you think!

Thanks guys, Zara <3