Status: a working progress...

A Flair for the Dramatic

Follow My Voice

I managed to stay clear of Tony all day, so when I want led to talk to him he wouldn't really see it coming since I'm the only one in this whole fricking building he doesn't associate with. It did piss me off, I took it as his way of telling me he doesn't like me much. All I really wanted to know what his problem with me was. I don't really understand what I've done to make him hate me, is that a fault of mine?

'Mike I really think your doing this all wrong. There has to be a better way to understand how he's feeling.' Austin said as he sat, well threw himself, on the sofa just a seat away from me. I sighed inwardly.

'What would you advise me to do Austin?'

'Wait. He'll come around eventually. I just don't think going up to him and starting something will have the best out come. You've got to think about Tony as well as yourself.'

'I just want to ask him a question. Is that what you do with Alan? Wait.' Austin let out a long sigh, raked a hand through his short hair, he looked...wounded. I frowned. 'Sorry, I didn't mean to bring Alan into this.'

'No, it's fine.' Austin reassuringly smiled, 'it's what I have to do Mike. You know what happened to him. He was abused pretty badly in his previous relationships. It's understandable why he doesn't want a relationship right now. I'll wait. He told me he'll be ready one day and I won't rush him, I'll simply help and support him through this.' At the point Austin stopped talking a little pale ginger male appeared in the door way. I smiled.

'Hi Alan.' Austin's head snapped up and he quickly got up and pulled Alan into a tight hug, Alan looked a little shocked at the taller man, who was now on his knees hugging him, but soon relaxed and wrapped his arms around Austin's neck.

'Hi Aus, Mike.'

'You alright? nothings happened right?' Alan placed a ling pale finger over Austin's rosy lips and shook his head, which made his hair fall in his face slightly, covering his eyes. Austin carefully moved his hair and smiled causing Alan to smile back.

'Come on get up, we can cuddle later, Mike looks like he's going to vomit.' Alan chuckled as he pulled Austin up by the hand and lead him over to the couch he was sitting on moments ago. Alan sat next to me as Austin sat next to him, keeping a hand on his knee. 'So what were you talking about before Austin went guard dog?' Austin rolled his eyes and leaned back, pulling Alan onto his lap.

'About Mike's idea of confronting Tony.' Austin nuzzled Alan's neck.

'Be wary of Jaime please.' Alan whispered.

'Why?' I asked, curious, I really don't want to make someone worse other than myself.

'Jaime's bipolar, he may freak out or get really upset, it's happened before, and Tony is his best mate.' Alan smiled slightly.

'Aright, I'll get Tony alone, problem solved.' I clapped my hands together, Alan didn't look convinced.

'Good luck.' Austin half smiled.

-=-

'So Mike, what can I guide you with today?' Jordan, the guidance counciler/cook asked. I sighed and looked up to meet his pale but bright blue eyes. I shrugged. 'There must be something. How's the Tony situation going?'

'Ive stayed away from him today. I was talking to Austin about it, he told me to wait. But I don't think it'll get solved that way. I don't know what to do anymore.' I put my head in my hands, trying to slow my breathing down and try not to cry. I heard Jordan move and sit in the seat next to me. He rubbed my back.

'If I'm honest I think you need to speak to him. Just don't go in all guns blasting because you'll scare him. He is sensitive and quite shy so be patient. And if that doesn't work, do what Austin said.' Jordan cooed and wrapped his arm around me. I have him a genuine smile. 'Come on, you can help me cook today. I've seen you eyeing up the kitchen since you got here.' Jordan laughed as he followed me out of his office, that was hidden beside the giant stairs, into the dimly lit, plain white hall way. He quickly switched his little card that was hanging on the door handle from 'come on in' to 'away, come back later.' We made our way to the spacious kitchen. It was like one of the kitchens you see in the adverts, the ones that are always too big and look more empty then full. We exchanged small talk as we walked which brightened my mood. Ben, Oli and Jack were sat on the stools at the weirdly placed breakfast bar. See, normally breakfast bars are placed in the middle of the kitchen but this one was pushed towards the back wall near the kitchen entrance with just enough space to fit 4 stools against the wall. They all smiled when I sat with them.

'Whats for dinner today Jordan?' Jack asked, rubbing his stomach, which I bet from Jordan's view it looked like he was masturbating. Jordan turned and winked at me.

'Mike's going to decide today since he's cooking.' I gave them a small smile before looking at the floor.

'You can cook?' Oli questioned pressing his cheek against mine, I nodded which made him nod.

'I used to cook for Vic a lot when our parents were working or out, I'm a good little brother I guess.'

'That's so cool man. I wish I could cook.' Ben mused, Oli nodded in agreement.

'Yeah then Danny wouldn't really be as chubby because you would cook a meal and not sneak out and get one at one in the morning.' Jack sniggered, Jordan simply rolled his eyes. I knew the only one that would screw was Amy. She means well but was like a over protective mother some times.

'So chef Fuentes, what's on the menu for tonight?' Jordan asked while making big gestures to me.

'How about a Mexican theme? Tacos and burritos?' I suggested. I missed the Mexican themed Tuesday's we had in our home.

I think that's a great idea, I'm in the mood for a good burrito since we don't have them that often.' Jaime said as he grabbed a bottle of apple juice from the fridge. I smiled as Jordan grabbed various items out of the huge cabinets around the room and some out the large fridge/freezer. Jaime patted my back as I walked past him and over to Jordan, who was preheating the oven.

'Go ahead Mike, I'll be here if you need help.' Jordan sat at the large oak table next to Jaime.

-=-

I was just finishing making the burritos before they had to go into the oven. I was feeling proud, I never cooked for anyone but Vic because people made fun out of me for cooking.

'Oh how I've missed your cooking harmano.' Vic said as he walked in with Josh, Alex, Tony and Danny piled into the kitchen and sat at the table, apart from Tony, he stayed at the door. I loved how Vic still used a little Mexican when he spoke to me sometimes, it made me feel safe for some reason.

'Well, they'll be done in about half an hour.' Jack groaned and put his head in his hands.

'But watching you make them have made me so hungry.' Oli moaned and leaned on Jack.

'Believe me it's worth the wait.' Vic smiled and put his arm around Jaime's waist. I looked at Vic with questioning eyes, he winked and gave me a look that said 'tell you later.' Ben poked me in the ribs and motioned to the left of me, towards the door way. I looked round in confusion; then I locked eyes with Tony. How long had he been watching me? I blushed at the thought and looked down the back up just in time to see him smirk.

'Tony we have a meeting now.' Amy smiled as she appeared behind Tony. Only just in my sight. Tony's face fell as he turned to follow her out as he sneaked another little peak at me, I gave him a sympathetic smile. I placed the plates and dished on the placemats that always stayed on the table. Jack bounded to the table as the oven timer went off signalling the burritos and tacos were ready.

'Come on the guys take a seat.' Jordan said to the rest of the guys and staff that just walked in and moved the salad bowl and different sauce and spices onto the table. Soon enough the usually quiet kitchen was filled with happy chatter and banter. Jordan place the two plates of tacos and burritos in the centre of the table. I took two extra and put them on the plate.

'Ey, watch how many your grabbing Mikey.' Vic warned and scowled a little at me.

'Its for Tony.' I blushed furiously as I put the plate in the oven to keep warm and grabbed some hot sauce from the spice rack, I know Vic wouldn't touch his tacos without it.

'Oh.' Danny winked at me, while the rest of the guys did wolf whistles. Jenna, Tay and Matt did their best to shut them up but it was no use. Vic frowned. I slammed the bottle of hot sauce on the table and stormed out of the silent kitchen and up the stairs to the first floor and into my room. I practically threw myself on my unmade bed and put my headphones in on full volume. Blocking everything out.

-=-

I stopped pounding my drum sticks on my desk as someone was continuously banging on my door.

'Alright alright, I'm coming.' I said, it was probably Vic, he was really impatient sometimes. I unlocked my door and raise an eyebrow at Tony, who stood, shifting from foot to foot.

'Hi Mike can I...um...talk to you?' Tony looked up at me when I didn't say anything. He looked at me with pleading puppy dog eyes. I sighed. I stepped aside to let him walk in. He made himself comfortable on my bed, crossing his legs and leaning against the headboard. Shutting the door, I sat down on my office chair opposite him. 'I wanted to thank you for saving me food, it was great. The best burrito I've had in a while.' He looked up and smiled slightly which made my cheeks involuntary heat up. 'Also, Ben told me what happened that caused you to lock yourself up here.' I scowled, he was going to make fun of me. So what Mike, you've been bullied all your life, another person won't make a difference.

'Well that's guys for you. I just wasn't in the mood to be made fun of.' Tony frowned, like he wanted me to say something different.

'Yeah...um...Jordan hinted at me to come and see if you were alright. So, I'll just leave.' Tony stuttered as he left my room in a hurry, closing the door quietly. Something about the look in his eyes told me he was lying.

'Oh shit!' I cursed as I looked at my alarm clock. It innocently blinked 2:50pm. I'm fucking late for my meeting with Amy. I flung myself down the stairs to the ground floor, I turned the corner and collided with something hard. 'Ah shit sorry I'm late...'

'For your meeting. I know. I was coming to get you.' Danny finished my sentence and helped me back to my feet. He patted my back, pushing me slightly towards Amy's office. I hesitantly knocked on the thick oak door.

'Come on in Mike.' With a quiet grunt, I pushed the heavy door open and stepped into the spacious office. An oak desk sat in the middle of the room facing the two large patio doors that lead to the garden. They were half covered by thick velvet curtains, dull winter darkness leaked through the visible window giving the room an air of uncertainty and sadness. I sat on one of the wooden chairs which were furnished with velvet cushions. I suddenly became really nervous. Amy smiled at me. Green eyes boring into mine. Red hair perfect, not one hair out of place.

'So Michael, how's things?' Her voice seemed to echo around me. I fiddled with my hands before knotting them together.

'Call me Mike. And...um...better but bad at the same time. I don't understand, aren't Jordan and Tay the therapists?' I kept my eyes fixed on the pale wooden flooring.

'Yes they are Mike but I just have to keep tabs. What I really want to speak to you about is Christmas and new year.'

-=-

As Iay in bed that night I reread the little note I found on my desk, slightly crumpled.

Follow my voice.

-Tony
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you hate me as much as I hate myself I'll upload another two chapters to cover for Christmas and new year...please don't hate me this is a working progress and I'll update when an idea hits me in the head:c

Ily guys,
Zara <3