Status: a working progress...

A Flair for the Dramatic

Haunted

"You fucking piece of shit!" His hand came down hard on Alan's left cheek causing the small ginger to drop to the floor with a loud thud. Alan didn't know what he did to deserve this from his father, he thought all other kids went through this but when he asked his best friend and fellow ginger, Justin, he said that it was wrong. He insisted he should go to the police and/or a therapist but Alan refused. Even when Justin said he would get his mom too and keep the call completely anonymous. Alan didn't want to get his dad into trouble, he certainly didn't want to do something that would cause his father to hate him more than he already does.

"Come on honey you're hurting him!" Alan's mom stood in the corner of the small kitchen, face drained of all colour, her hands shaking and covering her mouth to try and stop the sobs echoing in the small room. Another kick to Alan's stomach. Alan curled up in pain tears began to work their way silently down Alan's rosy cheeks.

"Why?! He's a disgrace to this family! He is no son of mine! His illness has caused us enough drama!" His father snarled, kicking Alan again. The way he said illness made Alan's tears flow faster, the fact that his own father couldn't accept him made Alan so upset it made him feel sick.

"It's not an illness! He's gay, so what! He will always be our little boy, you're the disgrace!" His mother yelled, tears spilling onto the cold tiled floor, there was no away she was staying this time, she would take her baby boy and leave his asshole of a father, get him help. Maybe Alan would meet someone nice, someone who wouldn't brake him down and make him feel like nothing, and maybe he'd find the love he deserves.

-------------

It had been two weeks since Alan and his mother had left their home. Alan was glad though he still felt a little empty. His mom was constantly working so she could afford to feed them both so Alan was alone in the motel a lot. His mother gave him strict instructions not to leave the motel, just incase his father had come looking for them. Alan sighed as he flicked through the shitty TV channels this shitty motel actually had, hoping he'd find something that would calm his nerves.

Alan did something very stupid that night. He was restless so he decided he'd go for a walk, meet his mom just before her shift finished at the local cafe, Alan didn't know he was there, waiting. Alan didn't know that his life would change for the worst.

"Hey baby boy." That voice, the voice that Was the centre of Alan's nightmares, he was here. Alan felt like someone had just poured ice water all over him, to say he paled was an understatement. Alan looked like he just died a couple seconds ago. Alan sped up trying to get away as soon as possible he was certain that he was faster than.

"Oh come on baby don't you want to see me?" The other half of Alan's very real nightmare was also trudging towards him, he notice that their voices sounded closer than before, Alan started to panic, he felt like someone was watching him but ignored his gut feeling to go home and carried on walking. This was bad, his abusive ex-boyfriend and his abusive father had come back to fuck him up one last time. Maybe even kill him.

-----------

"Alan?" Her voice was gentle. It made Alan snap out of his flashback immediently, tears pooling in his eyes caused his vision to blur. "Alan you're safe here, you know that. And I know for a fact that Austin won't let anything happen to you."

Alan smiled at the mention of Austin, his knight in shining armour, the only person that made this whole thing seem...ok, "I know, it's just hard y'know? I feel like I upset people because I don't talk to them." Alan frowned and looked down at his hands which were knotted in his lap. Amy gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Alan they know that you've been through a hard time, they don't know why, but they understand that you're not ready to talk. They'll give you time. It's ok you don't have to feel upset." Alan simply nodded and left Amy's office silently and walked back to his room, keeping his head down, looking back every now and again.

Alan cursed under his breath, 'there is no way my past is going to stop haunting me, I'm fucked." Alan thought as he slammed the heavy wooden door shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is very short I know, but I've been a little stuck for ideas for the last couple months (sorry!)