Status: Thank you for reading my story! Hope you like it! (:

Breaking Even

One of those off-days

After the party incident, Patrick Sharp brought Hayleigh back to her apartment. She cried herself to sleep, knowing that someday he would do this.

She woke up the next day and tried to wash away that memory of the night before. She put sweatpants and a Victoria's Secret sweatshirt on, and put her hair up in a messy bun. She had 11 new messages on her phone, without checking them, she threw her phone at the wall and sat on the couch. "I knew he would." She said to herself, "Patrick Timothy Kane, your a bitch." She laughed as she said that.

She got up from the couch and poured herself a bowl of Lucky Charms, remembering that Patrick invited her to his practice today. "Not going to that." She said to herself while shoving spoonful of cereal in her mouth. Her phone rang and it said 'Lauren' she picked it up,"Hullo?" She said while munching on her cereal.

"Hey Hails, I'm at Jonathan's." I could tell she was smiling when she said that. "Oh Lord." I sighed. "I'll be home in 10." She said. "Okay, bye." I said back sadly. I turned on Looney Tunes and watched Jerry chase Tom, I used to watch this as a kid.

Soon enough, the door opened and Lauren was standing there. "What happened last night?" She asked. "Patrick was making out with another girl." Tears formed in my eyes just thinking of it. "I'm so sorry." She hugged me and we both cried. "So, I want to hear what happened with you and Johnny!" I smiled.

"Well we kissed for a bit, then he asked to take me to his place and I said 'Sure.' So then we made out and then it was like 3 in the morning when we got to his house so I took a nap on his couch, refusing to sleep with him." She said shyly. "Why didn't you? I mean I don't blame you but..." I asked. "Because I knew he was drunk and I didn't want to do it when it meant absoutley nothing and he would just want to get laid." She said hesitantly while staring at the TV. "Good choice." I patted her back.

"Listen, I'm sorry about the Kaner thing, I heard Sharp yell something and I thought it was a joke." She looked down at her legs. "Its fine, nobody really knew. Sharpie took me home, that man is one of my best friends." I smiled.

~inside the lockeroom~

"Hey Sharpie." Kaner nudged Patrick. "Don't even try, dickface." Sharpie hissed. "Geez, looks like Sharpie didn't have a good time last night. No wonder why you left so early." Kaner snickered. "No. I didn't leave early because I wasn't having a good time. I left because your girl was running out of your apartment crying while you were making out with some slut. Don't you dare say that you didn't know because you were being such a ass to notice everything falling apart." Sharp said angrily.

"Oh my god. I was so drunk, I messed everything up. I can't believe what I did. I have to apologize!" Patrick yelled. "More than apologize, she was really hurt." Sharp said. "What the hell was I thinking? I get really weird when I'm drunk and everything is now a blur." Kaner sighed. "I can't help you now, my friend." Sharp snickered. "I know. I have to do this. And thanks for taking care of her, your a really good friend." Kaner nudged Patrick. "I couldn't bear seeing her like that." Sharp said. "I'm gonna go to her after practice. I gotta make this right." Kaner said determined that he would.