Lil Red Riding Hood

Hey there little red riding hood

"You guys do know that's Dinah Faolan." Stiles points out after we lay her in the bed that's left in Derek's loft. "She's like the girlfriend of the star basketball player.

"She's dating Greg?" Scott questions, looking at the sleeping blonde who passed out on the ride over here. "She could do better.

"I wouldn't think about getting attached to her, apparently she only dates blonde haired and blue eyed." Scott just rolls his eyes as a chuckle escapes my lips. "I wonder what she was doing out in the woods, though. She doesn't seem like that type to take a midnight stroll."

"The more important question is, who attacked her." Scott points out to his best friend. "You don't think the twins had anything to do with this, do you?"

"Ethan is with Dannny and Aiden and Lydia have been attached at the lips since this afternoon." Stiles replies sadly, "you don't think this is a werewolf attack, do you?"

"It's the only thing that explains the bite marks." I reply this time. "Plus they're slowly healing."

"Yea slowly." Stiles sighs, "they're healing too slowly for a werewolf bite."

"She could be rejecting the bite, can't she?" Scott asks.

"She'd be oozing black blood." Stiles replies. "that's what happened to Paige when Derek asked an Alpha to bite her. And it happened to Lydia and Jackson."

"She's not dying, just not yet anyways." I state, "I still think we should take her to the hospital, just to be safe. Your mother could really help."

"If she doesn't get better by morning, we'll go." Scott decides. "Stiles, call Lydia and ask her to bring over some clothing. Dinah is going to need something to get changed into when she wakes up." Stiles nods before walking away, calling Lydia in the process.

"What would you like me to do?" I ask Scott.

"Watch over her," he replies, "let me know if there are any changes. I'm going to go see what I can steal from the hospital to clean up her wounds." I just simply not as I watch the Alpha walk away...

**

Dinah Faolan

I'm running through the woods as fast as my feet can take me. Cuts are forming on my arms, legs and feet as I brush against lay lying branches. I can hear the leaves cracking under my feet and the distant growling of whatever is chasing me. The vision of the glowing red eyes flashing before me as well as the contorted face; a face that reminds me of a wolf.

As if I'm in some horrible horror movie cliche, I trip over a root of a tree; falling hard onto the ground. No matter how much I try and push myself up, I can't. Coming out of nowhere, the creature pounces on me with a great force; pinning me to the ground. I could smell something metallic on his breath; the scent of blood. The creature grins and I can see it's yellow teeth stained with blood. A scream sounds out in the distance, causing the creature to attack...


I wake with a start and see a concerned looking boy staring back at me with baby blue eyes. My heart is pounding against my chest. The room is spinning and there is a pain shooting up my body causing me to involuntarily cry out. The boy rushes over to me and sits next to me on the bed. He puts my hand in his and suddenly -magically- the pain fades away. I look up at him with questioning eyes.

A simple smile appears on his lips, "some say human contact takes away a person's pain," he explains causing a smile to appear on his lips. "I'm Isaac by the way; we go to school together. You're a grade above me."

"Well nice to meet you Isaac," I smile, "I'm Dinah."

"Nice to meet you Dinah." Isaac smiles before getting off the bed and heading over to the table, picking up a duffel bag. "Here is some clothing for you to get changed into, unless of course you want to stay in the bloodied white dress; which isn't a good look for you." I take the bag out of his hand, silently thanking him with a smile before going over to a room where I can get changed. Sure I would have liked a shower too, but new clothing is good enough for now.

"Where are we?" I ask Isaac as I walk back into the main room, zipping up my hoodie as I do so. "I don't remember how I even got here?"

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He asks, causing me to sigh. I don't remember much from last night, everything is just blurred together; like it was one big nightmare. It's hard to separate what was real and what was a dream.

"Not much," I reply after a couple minutes of pure silence. "I remember getting in a fight with Greg and I stormed off to the Preserve; knowing a short cut to my house through the woods. Then next thing I know is I'm being attacked by something; I have no idea what it was though. I have an idea but you'd think I'm crazy if I told you, I think to myself.

"Scott, my friend, should be coming back soon." Isaac informs me, "he told me to inform him if anything changes and since you're up; he's gonna want to talk to you."

"Great." I mutter, "more people to look at while I look like utter crap."

"You don't look like crap," Isaac informs me, "minus the blood and the leaves in your hair, you look pretty."

"Thanks for boosting a girl's ego, Isaac," I chuckle, "but it's ok to say I don't look nice. You don't have to lie when even the person -being me- knows the truth."

"I would never lie." He informs me. Just as I'm about to open my mouth to say something, I'm cut off by the sound of the elevator opening up. My head snaps up in the direction just in time to see Scott McCall walking towards holding a duffel bag.

"You're awake." Scott cheerfully says, "I come baring gifts in the form of bandages and antiseptics. Now let's check your wounds. Take off your hoodie." Just as I do, his eyes widen.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, "am I suppose to have wounds? I mean I guess I should because of all the blood that covered my dress but..."

"They probably weren't as bad as I thought they were." Scott quickly says, "you weren't drinking last night, right?" I just simply nod my head in reply. "You probably got a small cut and since your blood was thinned out, you probably bleed more than normal."

"Y-yea, you're probably right.' I agree, but not fully convinced. "I can't go home right?" I ask. "My mom is probably worried about me."

The boys exchange a look before Scott looks at me, "yea, you're free to go. We'll see you Monday, I guess." I nod my head before walking away, unsure of what just happened. A sigh escapes my lips as the elevator starts to descend. I wish I knew what happened last night...
♠ ♠ ♠
Dinah

comment&subscribe?