Lil Red Riding Hood

The Secret That You Keep

Isaac

“Looks like Dinah is back to her usual self.” Stiles says come Monday. All of us are hanging out by Scott’s locker, watching Dinah from a distance. He’s right, though. There isn’t any noticeable differences in her. All of us -Scott, Erica, Boyd, myself- experienced some kind of change; like a confidence boost almost.

“Then again, I don’t think she could have gotten any more confidence than she already has,” Stiles voice brings from out from my thoughts, “I swear that girl oozes confidence.”

“Maybe she rejected the bite like Lydia.” Scott suggests, “she’s clearly not a werewolf, I’m sure Isaac or myself would be able to sense it.”

“What we have another banshee on our hands then?” I ask, only earning a shrug from Scott; his eyes never leaving the tiny blonde we helped the other night.

She must feel our gaze on her because her light gray eyes fall upon my blue. A smile tugs at the corner of her lips before she excuses herself from a conversation between a fellow Senior.

Dinah makes her away over to us stopping right in front of me, “hello Baby Blue.” She greets, earning a questioning look from me. A smile appears on her lips, “your eyes. They’re like a baby blue, they’re pretty.”

“Thanks?” I say unsurely.

“You’re welcome.” She sincerely smiles before looking at Scott and Stiles as well. “I’ve actually been looking for you three,” she begins, “I wanted to say thank you for whatever you did for me the other night. I sincerely appreciate it even if I don’t really remember what happened.”

“Don’t mention it,” Scott tells her, “we’re glad you’re ok.”

“I’m sure you heard about my upcoming Halloween party, it’s a two parter.” She states, “usually it’s only attended by people in my grade level but since you lovely gentlemen were my knights in shining armor, I’m going to make an exception.” She smiles, pulling three envelopes out of her purse. The three of us exchange looks before accepting the black envelopes with red glitter penned writing.

“The first party is tomorrow night,” she informs us, “and it’s a classic game of Man Hunt.” All of us looking at her with questioning expressions, earning a laugh to escape her bright red lips. “I’m sure you’ve guys played it but if not, it’s an extreme game of Hide-and-Seek. We run around the woods at night armed with nothing but a flashlight and the light from the moon.”

“Tomorrow night is the full moon.” Stiles points out, earning another smile from Dinah.

“I’m well aware, I planned the party accordingly.” She simply states, “it’s been planned that way for months.” The bells rings before any of us could say anything else. “I hope to see you guys in the woods tomorrow. I’m sure all three of you know where the Hale house is.” With a twisted smile, Dinah walks away into the sea of students.

“Do you think she knows what you guys are?” Stiles questions.

“I have no idea…” Scott says, worry dripping from every word…

Dinah

“I can’t believe you invited a bunch of Juniors.” My friend, Kristen, spits. “I thought you’d only invite Seniors to this thing, it’s going to be the last big Halloween party you’ll ever throw in High School.”

“They helped me out after the fight I had with Greg over the fact you and him were making out at the party!” I exclaim as we walk into our English Class, “this is my little thank you present to them. Plus it’s not like they’re losers. All of them are on the Lacrosse team, one of which is the Captain now since Jackson left for London. So get over it, they’re invited.”

She looks at me with a shocked look, as if she is surprised I vocalized something against her. I just shrug it off before taking a seat far away from my back stabbing friend.

At lunch I walk into the cafeteria and see all my friends sitting at our usual lunch table. Just as I'm about to sit down, some one from the female volleyball sits down in my place. I look over at Kristin and she gives me a snobby smirk.

"You're seriously this pissed off about me inviting Juniors to my party?" I ask her, "you've seriously got major issues. And you know what?" I ask, my voice gets louder as I gain everyone, "you can have him. I'm done with both of you!" I storm out of there, ignoring everyone's stares and whispers.

I get to my car and let out an annoyed growl before punching the nearest car to me, which happens to be a blue Jeep.

"I don't think Stiles will like you hurting his car." A voice says behind me. I turn around and see Isaac standing there. I take in a deep breath before leaning up against my car as he walks over to me. "You ok?"

"I got stabbed in the back by my best friend not once, but twice." I reply to him, not bothering to even look up. "No I'm not fine."

"They don't need you anyway," he states, "you're way too good for them. I honestly have no idea why you even hung out with them to begin with."

"You obviously haven't spent much time with me," I point out, "I'm just like them, Isaac."

"You're not." He confidently tells me, "you're too good of a person. Even if I havent spent that much time with you, I can tell you're not like them."

"Thanks Isaac, for everything." I smile before standing up straight and walk over to him; placeing a kiss on his cheek. He smiles before the both of us head back inside just as the lunch bell sounds....
♠ ♠ ♠
Dinah

miss me? I finally have internet so I'm going to try and update as much as possible. I'm also thinking about writing either an Isaac and Stiles love triangle story or a fic about Scott; not sure yet.

comment and subscribe?