Why Would I Let You Go?

People Are Strange

-Party_

We just arrived and there's already an assload of people here. Leave it to Mikey to really get a party started.
"You know, we've been dating for almost a year and you haven't danced with me yet, and that's not including prom!" I said to Caley.
"Well then. What should we do about that?" She asked.
"Dance with me?"
She giggled and nodded.
We walked to the middle of my living room and danced, along with some other couples.
"Is this John Mayer playing?" Caley asked.
"Yeap. Slow Dancing In A Burning Room."
"I love John Mayer!"
"Really?"
"Yeah! He's one of my favorites."
"Interesting." I smiled.
I know what we're doing this summer! I'm gonna surprise her with JM tickets. Maybe even go to the local hippie fest while we're at it. Caley loves the 'peace, spiritual, weed-smoking, one with the Earth' kind of stuff. It's definitely different, but I like it. Caley is so different from any girl I've ever been with. I think that's why I like her so much. I never know what to expect because she always has me guessing.
"Have you decided on any colleges yet?" Caley asked.
"Not yet. I'm not sure I really want to go to college. All I've ever wanted to do was write music." I answered truthfully.
"Then write music. You're so great at it. No college out there could make you any better. You'll get there someday Vic. I believe in you."
"God I love this woman." I muttered to myself and kissed her.
"Awww. Ain't that cute!" Lou Cotton said in mocking manner.
I sighed and turned towards him.
"What are you doing here Cotton?"
Lou and Caley used to date before she dumped him after developing feelings for me. He has yet to let it go and has been giving us shit for it.
"Oh nothing. Just enjoying my night and occasionally snagging a girl or two." He replied, looking at Caley for a reaction.
"How incredibly dull." I remarked and turned my attention back to Cales.
"Hey!" Lou growled and pushed me, "We're not done talking."
"Don't touch me. I think we are done. Get out of my house." I said as calmly as I could.
"We're not and as for you Caley, we're not done either. You will come back to me."
"You're crossing the line Lou. We've been done for a year. Get away from me." She snapped.
"We'll see." He challenged, "This is your warning Vic. She's mine. Either you drop her or your life will a living hell until she's mine again."
"Don't let the door hit you on the way out asshole." I said through gritted teeth.
Lou smirked and finally walked out the door.
"I'm sorry." Caley said and looked anywhere but at me.
"Caley," I said and gently lifted her chin, looking directly into her beautiful brown eyes, "You did nothing wrong."
"I just don't know why he won't leave us alone. I left him for a reason and he knows that. Well, I thought he did."
"What did you see in him anyway?"
"He was charming and cute. I didn't know he was crazy and obsessive the first few months we dated."
"That's not good."
"It's also part of the reason I broke up with him, but I'll explain that some other time." She said, quickly discarding the topic of 'Lou.'
Cales still hasn't given me all the details on why they really broke up. It must've been bad because she's normally quicker than that to change the subject.
My train of thought was broken when I heard people yelling.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Your brother and Cassie again." Caley sighed.
Oh Jesus Christ..
"I'm seventeen years old! I can do whatever the hell I want! I don't need you or your shit." Mike drunkenly yelled.
"You're a fucking child Michael." Cassie argued.
"Yeah? And you're ugly."
"Hey!" I shouted and stormed over to my brother, "Now that's enough. Mike, go outside. We need to talk. All three of us."
"I don't have to listen to you or her."
"So help me God if you don't go outside right now Michael Christopher, I will beat the living shit out of you." I threatened.
His attitude definitely showed, but he went outside.
"Are you okay?" I asked Cas.
"Not really Vic, but thanks." She sighed and gave me a half-hearted smile.
I followed her outside where we were alone with my idiot little brother.