Why Would I Let You Go?

Back Door Man

-Vic's P.O.V.-

"What's been going on with you two lately?" I asked.
"She's a naggy bitch and I'm tired of it." Mike slurred.
"Call her a bitch one more time Michael. I dare you. She's my best friend and you're not gonna treat her like shit."
He rolled his eyes and sat down in one of the lawn chairs.
I looked at Cassie, who was seconds away from bursting into tears.
"Don't cry Cas. Okay? Just tell me what's been going on." I said gently and rubbed her shoulder.
"I found drugs in his room.." She said quietly.
"Drugs? As in what? Weed?"
"No! I found cocaine.."
"What?" I asked, then looked at my brother who didn't seem to care at all, "Are you serious?"
"Would I lie to you?" She asked.
"Michael. Are you seriously doing cocaine?" I demanded, walking over to him.
He shrugged and resumed drinking his beer. I knocked the bottle out of his hand and got directly in his face.
"Answer me! Are you or are you not doing drugs?"
"So what if I am?" Mike yelled, standing up, "You can't tell me what I can and can't do!"
"Do you understand how ridiculously STUPID you are? Or how dangerous coke is? You're being a prick to your own girlfriend and all she's trying to do is help you!"
"I don't need her help! I can take care of myself! I don't need her!"
"Bullshit Michael. No other girl would give two shits about you like she does. Don't think I won't bring Mom and Dad into this. If you won't listen to me or Cas, you'll listen to them."
"You wouldn't dare."
"Try me."
Mike instantly stopped talking and sat there.
"Please help me make him stop Vic. He's becoming so impossible to handle." Cassie pleaded in tears.
I wrapped my arms around my best friend and hugged her close.
"Of course I will. He's my little brother. You and I are just gonna have to work hard on keeping him straight this summer. Don't cry okay? You're better than that." I said.
She nodded and walked back inside. I sighed and glanced at Mike. He looked like he was deep in thought. God knows what's going on in his mind.
"You're gonna end up losing her." I said.
He sighed and looked at me with sad eyes.
"I know."
"Then you better change the way you treat her and you better stop with the drugs. I am not gonna bury you at this young of an age." I said and walked back inside. This is gonna be a long summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. I am so sorry I took this long to update. I've had a lot on my plate since school started back. It's starting to even out now though, so thank God for that. This isn't much but hey, it's better than nothing.