Status: a simple one shot, I hope you enjoy.

Summer's Events

2/2

Days passed slower than I ever imagined possible. It had been exactly one month and fifteen days since the last time I had seen Chanyeol, before he had picked up his bags and left out the door of what used to be our home and honestly, it felt like a whole year had passed or even longer. Since that day I had done nothing but sit around in my house and sleep, it was like I had been drained of all life because the one person that I was really living for had left me with nothing more than a request to forget him. As if that was easy! As if I could forget the man that had held my heart for all those years! I didn't care how much of a 'lost cause' he was, I didn't care if all he did anymore was to stare off into space and on rare occasions throw things out of anger, breaking glass and other possessions. I didn't care. All I ever cared about was him and all I knew I'd ever care was him, he, Park Chanyeol was the love of my life and the one I wanted to someday marry but he left.

I never expected Chanyeol to leave, I had always thought that I made him feel a little more secure and that I may have given him just a little happiness but apparently I was wrong and no matter what I did, it never pieced all his broken pieces together. My mother had always told me that I shouldn't be surprised if one day he was gone without a trace but I refused to believe her until it really happened and after that I wasn't the same person I used to be.

Somehow I fell back into my depressing state of not even leaving the house, I'd actually call my mother to bring me groceries because I didn't want to face the sun since it's brightness reminded me of how dark every corner of Chanyeol's heart was and how dark I started to become. I only wished that he'd know about what had become of me after his departure because maybe then he would have seen his mistake and come back to me but I understood that was selfish, maybe... Maybe I was the one that was weighing him down the most and maybe now 一wherever he was一 he was just a little bit happier.

Laying around the house on every possible surface became a habit, I spent days just staring off into space like a zombie and my posture was becoming horrifying. Without realization another couple of months had passed by and one dreaded day that marked the beginning of what was Chanyeol and I's relationship, my mother gave me a phone call demanding me to leave the house and go shopping with her because she was absolutely sick of seeing me go back to my old ways of which reminded her of my teenage days in which she spent most of her days crying because I was hurting. After minutes of hesitation I had finally agreed to go with her, I changed into a pair of jean shorts, creamy white t-shirt and a pair of black vans before heading out the door.

Immediately upon stepping outside I squinted my eyes at the sun and slowly raised my hand up towards it, flipped it off angrily and groaned loudly. I then turned and made my way to the street where my mother said she'd pick me up from but minutes passed and she was nowhere in sight, so I was forced to stand in the hot sun until she finally arrived. When I got in the car her she smiled brightly at me, I rolled my eyes and looked away. 'Why would you be happy? Can't you see that everything is horrible? Can't you tell that all I want to do right now is go back inside my house and hide under the covers? Today is definitely not a day to be happy.'

"I know you don't feel well but we're going to change that," My mother told me as she placed her hand lightly on my cheek and kissed my forehead, "Alright?"

"The only thing that can change that is if Chanyeol returns," I informed her, she gave me a look full of sadness and without another word got out of the car. I followed and walked off towards the shopping center alone before mother caught up to me and smiled tightly, we made our way through the doors and she dragged me off to numerous different shops where she bought me many things most of which I didn't even ask for or knew fitted me.

"Mom, can I go get something to eat?"

My mother laughed as if I just asked the stupidest thing and nodded her head in approval, "Sure, go ahead!" I bet she was happy because I was doing something by myself, maybe she thought that I was slowly breaking out of my hard shell and things were changing but they weren't. I bowed slightly out of habit and walked off but not towards the food court, I left towards the bathrooms and locked myself in a stall. I couldn't take being around my mother or other cheery people while I felt like I was being sucked into a black hole, all I wanted was to rip my hair out and scream. I appreciated what my mother was trying to do but I couldn't stand it any longer. On top of everything, it was summer, it was the day of Chanyeol and I's anniversary and my mind was racing with thoughts of him. I wished that I could see him again at least, just to see how he was doing that worried me so much. I stayed inside the stall for a long while, just crying and clutching at my chest until I felt just a little bit ready to face the dreaded world outside and found my mother again.

"Did you eat well?" She asked curiously, I nodded, "I'm glad. Hmm, I think this was enough for today, do you want to go home?"
"I thought you'd never asked," I answered honestly in relief, she chuckled and we left to her car.

After a short while we arrived in front of my house and I got out of the car, she gave me my shopping bags and called out, "I'll give you a call tomorrow! I hope you like your surprise!" I crinckled my eyebrows, "Surprise?" She didn't answer me and with a smile she turned her car around and left. I made my way to my door and struggled to get my keys out of my pocket 'What surprise? Probably clothes, eugh, whatever.' When I walked in I dropped my bags onto the couch and made my way to my bedroom, just wanting to sleep. I didn't care for food, the "surprise" or anything else for that matter, I just needed to sleep the day away, the sooner it was over, the sooner my spirits would be just a little more uplifted yet when I stepped foot inside my bedroom my eyes widened and my heart stopped at what was before me.

"Cha- Chanyeol!?" I stuttered in surprise before I started to smile like an idiot and walk around the room like a crazy person, 'Is he really here!? Is this the surprise!?'

Chanyeol got up off the bed, I watched him with my mouth agape and as he strode toward me my heart started beating at the speed of lighting, I swear I had died for a second. Suddenly he was right in front, towering over me and my back was pushed against the wall a bright, beautiful smile spread across his face and his hands came up to cup my face in his palms, his lips met mine in a long and passionate kiss. Every single spark that was there at first was still there, if not more.

"I'm sorry for leaving," Tears started to fall from my eyes for the second time that day, he wiped them away with his thumb and hugged me tightly, "I promise to never do that again. I love you... I'm so sorry." I clutched onto his shirt and we both cried onto the other's shoulder but when we pulled apart and decided to lay on the bed together in each other's arms, tears turned into smiles and kisses and it was as if nothing bad had ever happened.

"You look different," Chanyeol commented after a while, pushing a stray hair behind my ear and resting his head on the palm of his hand as he looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes that had my heart racing, "Your hair's darker and you're slimmer... Have you not been eating well?" He frowned, sadness took over his eyes and he examined me curiously.

"No..." I admitted embarrassed, "I've kind of been sleeping a lot... Nothing more,"
Chanyeol looked hurt, "This is because of me isn't it?" I didn't say a word, he sighed, "I'm sorry,"
"It's fine. Now that you're back I'm sure I'll go back to normal..." I smiled happily and so did he.
"I'll take care of you,"
"I know. So will I,"

Chanyeol leaned in and gave me a kiss, I could feel the love he had for me and I could not control the beating of my heart that seemed to increase every second we spent together. "I love you," I told him, "I missed you..." I whispered, nuzzling my face in the crook of his neck and kissing it lightly, "I missed you too... Thanks for not forgetting me."

"I didn't even try."

He smiled and he stayed.
♠ ♠ ♠
sigh i dont know