Status: This kind of puts Michelle Forget in a, not so pretty light. I mean no hate towards her, it just fit the fanfic.

Tomorrow I Will Forget

Cold Truth

Zach’s POV:
I’m out looking for rings before I have to meet Ashlyn for her birthday dinner. I can’t believe her birthday is tomorrow and she has classes; stupid Mondays. I’m walking by a jewelry store when I see Kailey. She smiles and waves.
“Hey, can we talk for a second?” I ask her.
“Sure. Need help finding a ring?” She asks me.
“No, just come sit and talk with me. Kai, I feel like you still really hate Michelle. Actually, I feel like you hate her more than Ashlyn does.”
“Yeah, I’ve thought about that sometimes. Is that so wrong?” She asks me.
“It’s weird that you hate my ex-girlfriend even more than my current girlfriend. Is there anything you would like to tell me?” I would rather everything be out in the open before someone gets hurt.
“No, there isn’t. Ash is my best friend and you two are perfect together. No one will ruin that.”
“So you don’t have feelings for me?” I ask her and she raises an eyebrow.
“That’s very self-centered of you, Zach.” I think she’s teasing me.
“Be serious, Kailey. Do you like me in that way?” Her eyes get big when she realizes I’m not kidding around here.
“Oh, gross! Sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. I just mean, you’re screwing my best friend and I’m living with your best friend. I love Cam more than anything. I think of you as my best friend’s boyfriend; the guy who makes Ashlyn happy. You’re also a really good friend and that, Zach, is where my feelings for you stop.”
“You and Cameron are really good together.” She blushes when I say it.
“I know we are. Zach, I really like him and I want you to know I’ll never hurt him.”
“That’s good to know, Kailey. So, are you out spending his money?” I ask her and she looks at the floor.
“We’re still working on it. He gave me a card, but it has a limit. He’s actually giving me an allowance right now, Zach.”
“Of how much?” I know he’s going easy on her.
“I only get three hundred a month.” I choke and she glares at me. “You don’t know my shoe problem.” She says but I know she’s kidding.
“Wait, what happened to Brent?” I ask her.
“He’s still there. That’s part of what makes me and Cam go to bed and fall asleep. It’d be awkward with Brent a room away.” She’s blushing hard and I love being this close of friends with her.
“Yeah, he would never let you live it down.”
“Brent’s a good guy, though. I don’t mind sharing my Cam time with him. I don’t mind sharing my Cam time with any of you guys.”
“Kailey, you’re not a dumb blonde.” She smiles.
“Thanks, but I already knew that. I should get back to Cam and you should get back to finding Ash’s engagement ring. If you need help, you know where to find me.”
“Under Cameron?” I have to throw it in.
“Shut up. I could say something, but there are images I don’t want.” She laughs and leaves.