Status: This kind of puts Michelle Forget in a, not so pretty light. I mean no hate towards her, it just fit the fanfic.

Tomorrow I Will Forget

Moving On

Ashlyn’s POV:
“Come on, let’s go out of here.” Cynthia says and Kailey stands up.
“Sounds good to me.” Kailey says and I laugh.
“It always sounds good to you.” I tell her.
“Not shopping, clubbing.” Cynthia corrects us. I stand up and grab my shoes and a jacket.
“That sounds good to me.” I need to quit thinking about Zach and Michelle, whatever is going on with them now. Cynthia drives and we pile out.
“Remember, no drinking, you two.” She says and we laugh. “Seriously, it’s not April or July, so don’t drink.”
“I won’t.” I tell her.
“I make no promises.” Kailey says and we look at her. “What? I’m kidding.”
“Sure you were.” I say.
“Holy crap.” Kailey says and I start to look behind me, but she slaps me.
“Don’t turn.” Cynthia tells me.
“What’s going on? Is someone dying behind me or something?” I ask and I really want to turn.
“Zach, Cameron, and Michael.” Kailey says and I turn, running right into Zach.
“Hey, I remember you.” He says and smiles at me. I squeal then turn red.
“Oh, God, I’m sorry.”
“Just like before, Ash.” Zach says and I smile.
“Ash, we’re going in.” Kailey says. She and Cynthia run inside.
“See ya inside, Zach.” Cameron says.
“Maybe we will.” Michael runs inside.
“He’s even funnier in person.” I say and Zach leads me to a bench to sit. I can’t believe this is actually happening right now.
“It wears off.” He says and I laugh. I start to shiver and without thinking, he gives me his jacket. This should make me happy, but all I can think of is that Michelle may have worn this once. Or more than once.
“Zach, I really hate to ask this, but what was Michelle’s tweet about?” His eyes fall to the floor.
“We broke up. I think she broke up with me, but it was very mutual. Lately neither of us have been happy and it was just toxic. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t spill all this on you.” He starts to stand up and I grab his arm.
“You can vent if you need to. Look, this is really fast, and you can laugh at me, I would understand.” I’m going to do this. I lean forward to kiss Zach Porter. He leans in, too, and we bump noses. He laughs.
“Here, let’s try that again.” He says. He grabs my shoulders, pulls me close to him, and kisses me. It’s better than I ever imagined. He leans in to kiss me again and I want this.
“Zach, are you coming in? Oh, sorry.” Cameron says and I turn.
“No, we were just heading in.” I say and Zach puts his hand on my shoulder.
“We’ll be right there.” He says. Cameron walks off. “Was this okay? You don’t feel like the rebound or anything do you?” He asks.
“I didn’t until now. Should I?” I ask him.
“God, no, I just, I don’t know. I saw you and, God, are you always so breathtaking?” He asks me and I smile.
“Well, that’s for you to decide, I guess.” I tell him. He goes to kiss me again.
“Ashlyn! Oh, gross, get a room.” Kailey smiles, then walks back inside.
“Shall we?” Zach asks and takes my hand. We walk in and this is going to be amazing.