Status: Dedicated to Julie

Summer Love

10

A loud beeping jolted Julie into reality and out of the blackness she had been swallowed into. Reaching out she slammed her hand down onto her phone hoping that would silence the blaring noise that caused her head to pound. Relieved that the noise ceased she pulled her blankets over her head to block out the morning sunlight. However the young woman was unable to get comfortable due to her stomach tying into tight knots. Feeling her throat constrict as the stomach acids began to rise with a burst of sudden energy she flung herself off of her bed and into her bathroom luckily reaching the toilet in time for the contents of last nights partying to reappear in a less appealing way. Julie’s hand shook violently as she reached up and pressed the button listening as the toilet flushed. Too weak and sore to get up off the tiles she simply reclined herself onto the cool surface wrapping her body into a tight ball.

What happened last night? she thought to herself trying to remember anything, everything was fuzzy, she remembered her and Sam went to meet up with her friends from the office. She remembered finding out that Niall and the mystery girl were an item, she remembered having a few more drinks and then the five of them moved onto a bar where things began to blur together.
Closing her eyes she lay in silence trying to get over the fact that Niall had moved on with another and here she was still heartbroken. The brunette felt tears well in her eyes but she scrunched them closed tightly and took several deep breaths to stop them from falling.

She was the one who broke up with him.

She needed to stop this and get over it.
Julie couldn’t bring herself to get over him though, the summer the two of them had spent together had been perfect shared with fond memories and silly moments that she would never forget, but at the same time she desperately wanted to forget them to stop this hurting. A potion or something to just wipe the two month romance from her mind allowing her to move on with her life and find love was what she needed.

Julie didn’t have long to dwell on everything because there were three hard knocks on the front door of her house. Opening her eyes and groaning she pulled herself to her feet swaying slightly before she caught herself and made her way through the medium sized home to the front door. Pulling it open she couldn’t help the smile that spread across her face when she saw Sam standing before her with a box of Berocca, Asprin, chicken Twistes and a handful of movies.

“Well hello Princess,” Julie sighed pulling her door open further for the raven-haired girl to enter. Closing the door behind her Julie didn’t get a chance to speak before Sam had wrapped her in a tight hug. The two stood in silence for several minutes before Sam broke it.

“You wanna talk about it?” Normally Julie would have shook her head and said no but today she wanted to talk about it, and she wanted to find out what had actually happened last night.

“Yes,” Julie received the reaction she knew she would from her friend; normally the young woman was shut off and never really talked about anything too personal so when she wanted to open up Sam had been caught by surprise.

“Alright,” pulling away the dark haired friend waited to be lead into the lounge room where Julie would explain everything hopefully. The two walked in silence to the lounge room where they both took a seat. Julie’s stomach tightened again and she knew that she was going to need a bucket if she was going to do this.

“Bucket,” was all she said before rising to her feet when she tasted a metallic taste on her tongue rushing to the bathroom. Sam got to her feet and began to search her friends home for a bucket, finding one she lined it with a plastic garbage bag before sitting back on the couch waiting for Julie to come back.

~


Once the two girls were seated Julie began to tell her friend everything from start to finish. She told her how she had met Niall when she stumbled into a bar in Dublin after losing her somewhere. Julie told her how Niall had been the one to help her find Sam again however he had vanished before she could say thank you. Then she told Sam how she had run into the famous singer again when the two of them had gone to Mullingar for a short while. That was the first time Sam had met Niall, they had been at the Ulyssus Pub for a few drinks. After that night that was when things kicked off more, the two had exchanged numbers and within several days he was texting wanting to catch up again. Julie listed everything off, the walks around his hometown, meeting his family, the two of them goofing around Dublin and Mullingar as the two of them fell more and more in love with each other.

“Then it came to Niall’s birthday and it was perfect, it really was, I mean it was a great turn out and he loved it… then…” Julie hesitated.

“Then?” Sam pressed gently.

“I knew it couldn’t last… so… I…” her chest became tight and her eyes filled with tears. “I tried to write a letter to him while he was asleep but he woke up… we…” a sob left her lips at the memory.

“Oh god!” straight away Sam clicked onto what her friend was getting at. “You gave it to him?” she asked gently when Julie nodded her head bursting into tears Sam felt her heartbreak for her friend. She had given the blonde singer what she had been holding onto for so long.

Her innocence.

“Does he…” she went to ask but when Julie shrugged her shoulders she closed her mouth.

“I don’t know… I may have let it slip. I was leaving, I just wanted to get out of there and he kept asking me questions. Like didn’t I love him?” another sob fell from her lips.

“And you did.” The brunette nodded her head, “and this is why it’s so hard for you to get over him isn’t it?”

“Yes,” a wave of tears streaked Julie’s cheeks as she covered her face with her hands. Sam pushed the DVD’s and food off her lap grabbing her friend pulling her into a tight hug. Her hands soothing running up and down her back as she cried on her shoulder.
Sam finally understood why she has been the way she has been and to be honest the dark haired girl couldn’t blame her.

“It will get better, just give it time Jules,” she whispered trying to reassure her friend, praying that it would work.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND the next chapter, sorry for the wait, but I have been a little busy, either way here it is now.
Hope you enjoy it :)

shout out to lion eyes for her comment, thanks so much dear :)

Cheers Esther :)
Image