Status: Dedicated to Julie

Summer Love

4

A loud irritating beep was what woke Julie from her sleep, growling she rolled over and slammed her hand down on the small alarm clock sitting on her bedside table. Opening her eyes the red numbers burned her heavy eyes.

7:00

Sighing the brunette pulled herself into a sitting position running her fingers through her newly dyed ombre hair. Yawning she flicked back her warm duvet the cold morning air nipping at the skin on her legs, slowly she made her way to the bathroom in dire need of a steaming shower to wake her up fully.

Julie was lucky if she had received four hours sleep due to her phone constantly vibrating on her bedside table. Niall had been calling her constantly since their goodbye in Mullingar, in the end the young woman had to turn off her phone to get some silence. Starting up the shower she waited until the spray was steaming before she stripped off her pyjamas and stepped under relishing in the feeling of the heated spray on her skin.

Julie let her eyes droop as her mind went back to the day she had said goodbye to Niall, the way he looked out the rear-vision mirror of the taxi as she left him. Shaking the memory from her mind the brunette stepped out of the water wrapping a towel around her naked body before making her way back to her room. Entering she grabbed her phone and switched it on waiting for the messages to come.

The vibrating lasted two minutes before silencing giving Julie time to get changed into a fresh pair of underwear before walking over and checking it. Her heart dropped when she saw the thirty-seven missed calls from the heartbroken blonde. Her thumbs hovered over the keypad as she thought whether or not to listen to the message he had left her. Julie knew that if she did her heart would break and she would give in and call him, she couldn’t do that, she was the one who ended the relationship, but the desire to hear his Irish voice again was overpowering ever sense on her body.

Julie bit her lip before quickly typing in the singer’s number and hitting call, she was going to tell him he needed to stop calling her, he needed to move on and find someone else. Her plans melted away when he answered.

“Julie?” her name came out as a question, but the brunette didn’t notice the rawness of his tone as if he had been crying overnight.

“Niall,” she spoke keeping her tone soft. A shaky laugh left the singers lips and a rustling sound alerted the female to the fact that she had just woken him. “Did I wake you?” she asked.

“Nah,” Julie knew he was lying but she wasn’t going to question him.

“Don’t lie Niall,” she whispered softly. “I know you were sleeping.”
He chuckled tiredly over the other line, “Alright, you got me, I was.” There was silence between the two before Niall spoke his tone as soft as hers.

“I miss you Jules,” a pang of pain hit the brunette’s chest and she had to inhale deeply to ease the sudden throb. She wanted to say she missed him too, it was the truth but she didn’t want to make it worse for the both of them.

“Please tell me you miss me too,” the desperation in Niall’s voice caused Julie’s heart to ache but she had to end it, even if that meant being harsh. She had to get the blonde to stop calling her, to stop chasing her. As much as she loved him she knew she wouldn’t be able to cope with the lifestyle that came with his fame.

“Niall,” her tone was soft, clearing her throat she mustered all the strength she had inside her. “You have to stop calling me.”
The line was silent for a few beats before the blonde spoke.

“W-what?” he stammered caught off guard by her firmness.

“You heard me Niall, you need to stop calling me,” pausing to let her words sink in she spoke again. “You need to stop, stop calling, stop texting, stop having contact with me.”

“Why!?” he cried into the phone.

“Because you’re fighting a losing battle.”

“Bullshit!” he cursed heatedly at her causing her to blink in disbelief. “You said, Julie you said before you left Mullingar, before you got in that cab, leaving me heartbroken in the street you said you still loved me! So I am not going to stop, I’m not going to stop calling you, texting you or having contact with you! I am going to fight this through till the end; I’ll fight until you are back in my arms. I’m gonna fight until you agree to give this a chance.” He declared into the phone anger and frustration lacing everyone of his words.

“Why? Why waste your energy and time when there are so many other girls out there…”

Because their not you!” he exclaimed “I don’t want someone else, I want you Jesus Julie when are you going to get it through your head that you are the only one I want?”

Julie was stunned into silence, the brunette was unable to cohort a sentence the words were gone. Instead she pulled the device from her ear ending the call quickly, childish but she didn’t want to hear, she didn’t want to hear the fierceness in his voice when he said he would fight for their relationship.

Was she being selfish?

The question floated around in her mind, but she reminded herself she had ended it with him, but why? Because she didn’t want to try a long distance relationship? No she wasn’t being selfish, she knew that if she did that there would be a constant strain on her life.

Julie ran her fingers through her wet hair before getting to her feet and walking over to her wardrobe pulling out her work uniform and stepping into it ignoring the buzzing that was coming from her phone.

This was how she wanted it.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE!!! wooo.
Sorry for taking so long, I have had so many other stories to try and write on... :/ but here I am with an update so YAY

Anyways onto the shout outs
first up three amazing ladies.
crazy.sexy.cool
lion eyes

and Butter Girl for their awesome comments, thanks ladies

and next shout outs to those who recommended!
crazy.sexy.cool
Let Live Again
Matt Flyzik
and Louis is a cutie Thanks so much all of you :)
And thanks to those who read and subscribed as well :)
Cheers Esther xx

Image