Status: Dedicated to Julie

Summer Love

7

Julie sat in silence the whole way to her friends house, too emotional to try and speak, instead she looked out the passenger window but she wasn’t looking at anything in particular, her mobile phone was burning in purse. The urge to reach in grab it and sign onto Twitter was almost unbearable but Sam had been right, it wouldn’t do any good for her. The car came to a stop outside Sam’s house before Julie had wanted the ride to finish. Slowly she stepped out closing the door behind her and walking up to the front door following her friend’s footsteps.

“So what are we watching?” Sam asked as she placed her key in the front door and shoved the door open.

“I haven’t decided yet,” Julie admitted as she stepped inside behind Sam, looking around the home she took in the clean state it was in and the faint smell of flowers that floated around the home.

“Well you start looking though our pile while I go and get everything I need,” with that the black haired girl disappeared down the hallway toward the bathroom. Slowly Julie walked over to the small stack of emergency DVD’s and began to shuffle through them. Finally the brunette came to a conclusion just as her best friend walked through the doorway with a stack of hair products in her arms. “So what’s the decision?”

“The Holiday, I need me some Jude Law,” the two girl laughed before Julie slipped the disk into the player. Walking back over to her friend Sam took a seat on the floor just in front of the couch where Sam would sit to style her hair. It was a tradition between the two girls that whenever one wasn’t feeling too good the other would pamper them with movies, junk food and a makeover. Today was Julie’s turn and she was excited.

-


Several hours passed and the two girls had gone through three movies and the snacks were dangerously low but Sam and Julie were enjoying their time together. Julie had been too busy watching movies and having her hair and nails done by her friend to even think about the blonde and his new squeeze.

“So what do you think of your nails?” Sam asked her friend once she had finished applying a clear varnish over the intricate design she had done on her friend’s nails.

“I love it,” Julie gasped looking at her nails, “Wow, Sam they are amazing.” The brunette smiled at the marbled design on her nails.

“They had better be, took me long enough,” the raven-haired girl joked playfully. “So do you wanna see you’re hair as well?” Julie nodded her head vigorously excited to see what her friend had spent a good two and a half hours doing with her ombre coloured hair. Sam grabbed her phone and snapped a photo quickly before showing it to her friend. “So… What’s the verdict?”

“I love it! You should be a hair dresser, or a beauty therapist.” Sam had done her friends hair in a similar fashion to Khalesi from Game of Thrones, with a few more plaits and instead of leaving the hair she had weaved it to look like a net.

“Nah, I only do this for fun, I can never do hair when someone wants it exactly like something else, whereas if I have complete control I can do some really cool hairstyles.” Sam admitted before collapsing down on the couch her eyes closing briefly. “What’s the time?” she asked stifling a yawn.

“Quarter to six,” Julie laughed. “Wow we’ve been at this for like six hours. Sam nodded her head slowly as her eyes opened and she looked up at her friend. “Well do you wanna crash here tonight?”

“No, I can’t have to get back, have to be at work early tomorrow.” Julie sighed not wanting to get up at six to be at work by seven thirty, she wanted to spend the day with her friend again doing girly things but she had agreed to take the shift so there was no getting out of it.

“That sucks,” Sam sighed.

“Yep.”

The two girls were swallowed into a silence and it wasn’t long before Sam drifted off, unintentionally. Julie went to speak but lifting her head and seeing that her best friend had fallen asleep she swallowed the words in her mouth and slowly got to her feet turning the television and grabbing a rug throwing it over Sam. A smile spread across the female’s face at her friend who had taken her mind off of everything for the past six hours, making her forget everything that was causing her pain.

Julie was quiet while she crept out of her friend’s house calling a cab to drop her home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh My GOSH! I am so sorry for the lateness of this chapter, please forgive me but it is finally here yes it is short but it's the best I could do.
Anyways enjoy! Thanks to all who commented, read, subscribed recommended you're all amazing.
Anyway I have two recommendations/shout outs that are way over due. Anyways the first one is for Julie/ lion eyes please check out her new Louis story The Finish Line it is amazing
and the last is for Leann/sugarplum. and her new Liam story Love Can Conquer All They are both amazing so please, please, please check them out :)
Cheers Esther xx

Image