Status: Dedicated to Julie

Summer Love

8.

“Julie,” the young woman looked up from her computer screen and met the dark eyes of her boss. Rhys. Rhys was a young man that had taken over his fathers’ position when he had fallen ill. So he was more of a temporary boss until his father was back on his feet.

“Yes?” she asked, he beckoned her into his office simply by bending his finger. A knot formed in the females’ stomach her body automatically filling with anxiety. What had she done wrong? Quickly rolling off of her chair she hurried into the young mans office her heart beating in her ears. Upon entering the room Rhys told her to pull the door closed which made her even more anxious. Hesitantly she closed the glass door. The head male indicated for the young woman to sit down by nodding his head in the direction of the chairs that sat neatly in front of his spotless desk.

Taking a set she placed her hands in her lap resisting the urge to play with the material of her skirt nervously. “Have I done something wrong?” the words were out before she could stop them, quickly she averted her eyes away and looked down at her hands.

“What?” Rhys was stunned by her question, “No of course not.” He chuckled lightly. Julie allowed a heavy sigh of relief leave her lips. “No I just wanted to ask how your first week has been?” looking up the young woman looked at Rhys taking in his features. His dark irises, the freckles that lightly dusted his nose, the way strands of his dark brown hair always fell loose from his neatly styled hair, and the way his lips curved into a warm and friendly smile.

“Uh…” she had been caught by surprise, “Good, busy but I am enjoying it so far,” she admitted happily.

“That’s what I like to hear,” Rhys nodded his head, “for the first week you are doing well.”

“Thank you,” she said a light blush spreading across her face, “how is your father going?” she asked. Julie had never met Mister Rourke, he fallen sick the second day she had been working at the firm.

“He is making a speedy recovering, the doctors say he should be back at work in no time.”

“Well that’s good then,” she smiled. Rhys nodded his head before his office phone began to ring.

“Excuse me,” Julie nodded her head watching as the brown haired male picked up the phone and began speaking. Taking it as her que to leave she rose to her feet turned and walked out of the office closing the door behind her.

Julie had found herself a new job working at one of the many banking firms in Nottingham. At the moment she was still learning the ropes out the back but it was a nice change from a convenience store counter. Plus it was the best job to keep her mind off what had happened with Niall and the mystery girl.

Julie had just sat down at her desk when Olivia walked in a bright smile spread across her face. “Heya Jules,” she greeted in a bubbly tone.

“Hello Liv,” Julie smiled waiting for the young woman to tell her why she had just walked over to her desk. “What’s up?”

“Well I am just wondering a small group of us girls are going to the pub tonight for a few drinks and we were wondering if you would like to join.”

Julie was gobsmacked, she had only been here a week and already she was getting invites to join the ladies for drink. “Sure… uh is it okay if I bring a friend?” she asked hesitantly unsure if she had overstepped a line inviting someone else. Olivia simply shook her head.

“No not at all, by all means invite a friend along, the more the merrier.” Olivia turned to walk off before stopping as if she had just remembered something. “Rhys likes you,” with that she turned and walked off leaving Julie sitting there confused at what she had just been told.

How could he like her, he’d only known her for a week?

Looking up she looked into the office where the young man was sitting laughing to whoever was on the phone. However she quickly looked at her computer screen when he shot her a playful wink.

~


“What do I wear?!” Julie exclaimed as she rummaged through her wardrobe looking for an outfit for the night. Sam sat on Julie’s bed laughing at her friends’ predicament, “Stop laughing, you’re all ready and here I am struggling to find an outfit,” she wined turning to look at her friend who was dressed in a lace mini-dress with a sting of pearls wrapped twice around her neck.

“Alright, let me have a look you go have a shower,” Sam laughed getting to her feet and walking over to her friends wardrobe. Smiling at her friend she turned and walked out of her room and down to her bathroom.

Samantha turned her attention to her friends wardrobe when she spied a boho style dress and a loose lace vest that went well together. Smiling she chucked a cute outfit together in seconds and placed it on the bed all ready for her friend when she returned from her shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND HERE IT IS... *hides in shame* sorry for the wait.
Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter :D
Here are the outfits
Julie
Sam

Shoutouts to:
lion eyes, StaceyIsOnFire, and kassipoola
Thanks so much for the comments, they mean a lot to me, and I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Image