Status: Dedicated to Julie

Summer Love

9

“How do you do it?” Julie questioned her friend as the two of them stepped out of the range rover. Sam shrugged her shoulders as she straightened her dress out stepping onto the pavement walking toward the pub. “It’s not fair.”

“Hey, you had just spent a whole day at work, your thoughts were probably everywhere, too excited to see the perfect outfit that was right in front of you,” Sam defended her friend. Julie laughed before wrapping her arm around her friends shoulder as the two walked toward their destination.

“You’re awesome,” looking up Julie read the sign, Forest Tavern, before stepping inside instantly the smell of beer hit her sense of smell along with the strumming of a guitar. The two friends walked further into the bar seeking out the four women that said they would meet them here.

“Julie!” the brunette snapped her head around at the sound of her name being called. Over at the bar she saw Olivia and three other women around her. Julie smiled waving at her colleague before her and Samantha made their way toward them. “Oh wow,” Olivia gasped her viridescent eyes scanning over Julies’ outfit, “This is gorgeous, so bohemian,” Julie smiled before turning to look at her friend.

“Oh yeah Samantha here has an eye for fashion.”

“Can she come to my house and help me with my outfits,” Olivia asked playfully.

Sam laughed, “Julie here doesn’t give herself enough credit, she is just as good as me.” Julie smiled at her friend before turning her attention back to Olivia and the other women. “So…”

“Oh right, Julie this is Karen, Lizzie and Maya.”

“Hey,” the three chorused together.

“Hello.”

“Come on get your drink and we will find a table,” Olivia said. Quickly Julie and Sam placed an order both ordering a lemonade and rum before being led over to a table near the stage at the front of the building.

The six of them sat down before Maya spoke, a woman no older then twenty-two with chestnut coloured hair that fell to her waist.

“So Sam where do you work?”

“I’m a butcher.”

“No,” Lizzie, a twiggy girl spoke up her blue eyes widening. Sam nodded her head as she took a sip from her drink. Julie couldn’t help the chuckle that left her lips, that was always the reaction when Sam told people her profession.

“So Julie, Liv tells me that Rhys has a thing for you,” Karen, a chunkier woman, spoke a smile spreading across her face. Automatically Julie cleared her throat awkwardly taking a sip of her drink.

“Apparently.”

“You don’t think he does?” Karen asked.

Julie couldn’t help but shake her head, “he barely knows me, it’s been what? A week?”

“Who’s Rhys?” Sam asked.

“Our boss,” Karen smiled.

“Well, that’s awkward.”

“No, he is a temp, filling in for his dad,” Olivia cleared up. “And he is gorgeous.” Sam arched one of her brows sceptically.

“Speaking of gorgeous, did you hear Liam and Sophia and broke up?” Lizzie piped up a toothy grin spreading across her face.

“Really?” Olivia gasped. Lizzie nodded her head her dark chocolate curls bouncing on her shoulders. “Well did you hear Niall and his mystery girl have gone public.”

“WHAT!” Sam exclaimed earning strange looks from each of the office girls, “I mean, it just sucks, the cute Irish one is off the market… my dreams are ruined.”

“I know how you feel,” Karen sighed. Each of the girls missed the look Sam shot in Julie’s direction. Julie had grabbed her drink from the table and taken a large swig draining half the glass.

Julie had tried not to think about her ex and his new girl, thinking it would be nothing more than a one-night fling. She was wrong. It was now a fully-fledged romance. Julie felt a little better when she felt her best friend grab her hand tightly underneath the table. The brunette continued to sip her drink before ordering several more throughout the night to drown the thoughts of the blonde and his new girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter and it is a quicker update WOO!!

Cheers Esther
Image