Status: This will be continued after some other stories have been completed.

Magical Inclusion

Imaginary Friend

Looking out at the immense city from my hiding spot-- No, my watch spot.

How many years has it been since you've flown at my side? Too many to count, and yet I know somewhere, maybe, you were reborn...

My heart flutters when I think of the possibility, but at the same time, reality hits. once more, I realize that even if it were a possibility, we would not be able to be together as we once were...

-

I woke up in a cold sweat, looking over at the alarm in the hotel room. Great, it was only three in the morning... Most nights I awoke like this, the others never knew anything about it.

How much I secretly despised them...

Something could have been done to save her, but they were only concerned about the precious Queen Alice, and ridding all worlds of the Nightmare Prince. The same night, I lost someone very, very dear to me...

Her name was Sana, no... Sango, in that life. Barely sixteen years of age, but with the wisdom of more than nine centuries.

Each and every night afterward, I would lie in bed, alone, usually... Just thinking about how it wasn't fair that they could have their happy endings, but mine was ripped from me by one careless move.

I could have saved her, as she saved me. I froze. I couldn't do anything, and they carried on the battle like she didn't exist. Like she didn't matter at all...

It was I that landed the final strike, or so I have been told. Her death, the sight of her body turning to ash and floating off into the wind was enough to force me into my Draconic form. After that, it was all a blur... for a long time, none of us could face the reality that she was gone. I always thought it was Arisu that held the group together, but without Sango, the wind dragon took off on his own, and it was only a few years until the Earth Dragon and I, the Aqua Dragon developed a rift between us.

"Keiyuu, what are you doing up so early?"

I sighed, and came face to face with her apparition, once more. "I can't sleep, Sango..." I spoke in an almost audible, choked-up whisper. The others were still sleeping and I didn't want to take the chance that they would realize I was talking to 'thin air' once more. They didn't realize just how therapeutic it was just to think about her voice...

"Darling, you must sleep.. You have so much to do tomorrow... I will watch over you, as always." she spoke with a slight smile. She never smiled genuinely in her former life... Only once did that notion grace her lips as Sango... My dear little ghost girl, my one and only true heart balance... The one that never even reached her full potential.

At the age of eighteen, I changed forms from just some kid that happened to have dragon wings on his back when he wished, to a complete dragon. A dragon capable of both destruction and creation. A water dragon... Only in my case, I would never be my full height as I once was. She probably wouldn't have, either.

I watched as her form walked over to me, and touched my face. I felt nothing there, nor did I feel anything when she leaned in to kiss my nose. Not something that she would have done in her past life, but... many of the things that I thought about her doing, she wouldn't have done back then...

As she vanished from sight, I felt the guilty tinge of pain seeping through, almost like a pointed knife aimed for my stomach. I curled up in the covers to try to forget about it once more, perhaps I needed to immerse myself in some water in the morning, and much later on, get rid of some pent-up frustrations...

-