Save Me

Old Friends

The X-Mansion was a safe haven to all mutants. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. I had met professor Xavier when I was sixteen. He and storm took me in and wanted to train me so I could control my powers, but I refused. I wanted my powers gone. I was so shaken on the drive that I didn't stop for food or the bathroom, and now my basic human needs made their presence known. I crashed through the door and headed straight for the toilet. Some of the students were probably alarmed, but it didn't matter.

"You just barge in, use our bathroom, and don't say hi?" Storm said standing in the bathroom door.
"You don't sound surprised that I'm here."
"The professor told me you'd be coming." I finished, washed my hands and hugged my best friend.
"Can I talk to him?"
"He has a class right now. C'mon, you need some food." I followed storm to the kitchen and she made me a turkey sandwich.
"I still remember your favorite." She laughed.
"Hey, that's what friends are for." Young mutants were walking about everywhere, and each was eyeing me like I was some sort of alien.
"So, what've you been up to Charlie?" Storm knew something was wrong. She was being cautious.
"They found me." I looked her dead in the eye and she knew what and who I was talking about.
"How?"
"I have no idea." There were no signs that the hand had known of my whereabouts. And I was too careful to leave any clues. "The doctor must have posted something online, raving about how the procedure worked."

Class was dismissed and storm and I made our way to the professor's office. He didn't look up from his desk when we walked in the room.
"Finally came home I see. Did you come to your senses?" He was referring to when I left the school. He was extremely upset with me and believed I was doing the wrong thing. "I know they've located you. And your assumptions are right, that doctor had a whole webpage explaining the operation."
"Do you think they're going to find me again?"
"I think you need to build your powers. You need to learn to control them, Charlotte." Xavier was the only person aside from my parents to call me by my full name.
"But professor I don't-" he cut me off.
"I'm going to assign a mentor to you. I think you two will find you have that in common. Not wanting your powers, well they're the very reason you're here right now and not over in a prison cell like a caged animal." He had a point. But my powers were also the reason why I was here. If they hadn't come back I wouldn't be in this bind.

A few moments later, a man stepped into the room. He was tall, muscular, and had thick brown hair and a beard.
"Ah, Logan, come in. Just the man I was looking for. I would like you to um... Mentor Charlotte. She'll be taking some classes here so she can learn to control her powers."
"You got it professor." Logan said. He walked out of the room.
"Starting tomorrow, you'll be waking up early, eating breakfast with the students and strictly following your schedule. Logan, storm and I will be watching you so we'll know of any deviation." I rolled my eyes. Xavier knew I was stubborn, he knew I wouldn't follow the schedule. And I had a bad feeling of what would happen if I didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again feedback is much appreciated :)