Save Me

First Day

My alarm screamed in my ear. It was too early for this. With a swipe of my hand, and without touching the alarm, it fell to the ground and smashed into millions of pieces. I slept for another two hours before I was yanked out of bed.
"Hey! What's your-"
"You missed breakfast and your first period. C'mon it's time for gym." Storm cut me off.
"I hardly think the History and Origin of the Mutant Gene will help me with my powers." I retorted.
"I don't need your sass right now Charlie, let's go. I can't be late cause I'm one of your teachers." I glared at Storm. I didn't want to learn about my powers let alone partake in mediocre school courses. I'd already been through high school and I had a bachelors degree in physics. I put on my running shorts and a T-shirt and glumly followed Storm out into the yard.

"Alright. We're going to have a fun class today. The lesson is self defense. So give me two laps and partner up." Storm commanded. I was off on the side eating a few granola bars. Storm walked over and took the one I was working on out of my hand. "Two laps."
"No."
"Can you just comply for once in your life."
"It's not my choice to be here right now."
"I never asked if it was your choice. And guess what? This is where you ended up. You could've gone anywhere else, but you came here. I care about you, Charlie. But you need to stop feeling so sorry for yourself." Storm was about to continue when Logan walked up behind me.
"Are you ready to get going?" He asked. I could tell he heard Storm and I arguing.
"I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be." I sighed.

Logan did whatever I did in class. He outran me on the laps, but I wouldn't let him beat me in self defense. One partner had to be the attacker. The other had to block the attacker's arm, pull it down, and hit them in the neck.
"Only tap you're partner's neck. We don't need any injuries." Storm instructed. I fell on my first attempt. I didn't realize how out of shape I was and by the fourth try I was out of breath. Logan didn't even break a sweat.
"You're not trying." He said.
"What? Obviously I am." I spat back at him. I didn't need him telling me what to do. He didn't even know me.
"No I mean, you have to believe I'm attacking you. You don't care. That's your problem."
"We'll you're right about one thing."
"C'mon. Show me what you've got." He smirked. He was actually challenging me. Well, that's his mistake cause I'm a very competitive person.

I took a deep breath and did the moves with surprising accuracy... Until I lost my balance and started to fall, but Logan caught me. I gasped. I didn't expect him to do that.
"Sorry, I just didn't wanna see you fall again." I tried once more, focusing on keeping my balance and I completed the sequence.
"Nice job," Logan said patting me on the shoulder. There was something in him that I admired, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone for reading :) I'll be happy o take comments questions and suggestions!