Status: New Co-Write

Perfect Strangers

Chapter 1

“Hunter!” I called entering my flat smiling when my new kitten raced up to me, meowing loudly, shrugging off my thick jacket I placed it on the hook near the door and bent down scooping up my small bundle of joy. “Hello,” I cooed scratching behind his grey ears smiling as he purred and leant into my touch. Dropping my handbag on the island I walked into the lounge room where my laptop sat charging. “I wonder if he’s on,” I smiled taking my seat on one of the second hand lounge chairs Hunter curling up in my lap, leaning forward I grabbed my laptop causing Hunter to meowing in detest. Quickly I scratched behind his ears to calm him as I turned on the mechanical device in front of me.

Butterflies became to flutter in my stomach and my smile widened to the point where it was almost painful as I logged into the chat room.

Dylan Watson: Hey you! it was instant and I couldn’t help the giggle that left my lips.

‘Hey!’ I typed back quickly. Dylan and I had been speaking for a few months now, I had met him through this website and the two of us had instantly hit off. We had spent the first few weeks getting to know each other better asking simple and innocent questions about each other, like what our hobbies included, where we live and what we do for a living. From that it didn’t take long before things escalated and we began to get a little more personal and spent several hours a night talking to each other sometimes not logging off till it was three in the morning.

Dylan Watson: How was work?

‘A drag, what’s the deal with rude customers? They infuriate me so much!’ it was true, I had one of the worst days at work. Sure the morning was great, the customers were nice and they greeted me with warmth but towards the end of the day some of the customers became rude and demanding. I was the lucky one who ended up with a drunken woman screaming at me all because I wouldn’t give her her smokes because she couldn’t afford them. I have small bruises forming from where she had thrown her money at me forming on my arms and chest and the things she called me resounded in my ears cutting deep. I was so close to exploding when my manager walked in and took over telling her to leave the store before consoling me once the hag was outside. The end of my shift couldn’t have come quick enough.

Dylan Watson:Let me guess you had one today?

‘Unfortunately… and there is nothing you can do, you have to grin and bare it as much as you want to explode at them. Swear she was on her period.”

Dylan Watson:Haha… was it really that bad?

‘Worse… stupid cow began pegging her money at me calling me some of the nastiest things… hope she got hit by a car walking out.’ I typed my fingers slamming down on the keys with my anger, the aggression caused Hunter to perk up and reach out his paws swiping at my fingers playfully making me giggle.

Dylan Watson:LMFAO! Wow you area a violent woman.

‘Only when people really piss me off,’ it was true, I was very rarely a violent person unless pushed and normally that takes a while before I snap silencing the person pushing me.

Dylan Watson:Remind me to never piss you off.

I laughed before typing back, ‘I don’t think you could.” As I typed my stomach growled ferociously causing Hunter to spring from my lap quickly growling back his small back arching in distress. ‘Anyway I have to go and make tea otherwise I am going to fade away.’

Dylan Watson:Alright.

Grabbing my laptop I walked it over to the counter before pulling out a heap of salad ingredients out of the fridge and a heap of shredded chicken before I started on my dinner, as late as it was.

I was chopping the tomatoes when Hunter jumped up onto the bench and perched himself near the warmth of my computer, I smiled before returning to my chopping. I had just finished putting the chicken on when I looked up and saw the ball of grey walking
across my keyboard.

“Hunter!” I cried causing the kitten to look up at me with an innocent look on his face, I laughed before shooing him off only to see he had sent a heap of gibberish to Dylan.

Dylan Watson:Uhhh…

‘Hunter says hi,’ I typed quickly before walking back to much couch and sitting down Hunter jumping up next to me.

Dylan Watson:Hunter???

‘My kitten,’

Dylan Watson:Ohhh… when did you get a cat?

‘The other day… didn’t I tell you?’

Dylan Watson:No… what does he look like?

Quickly I added an attachment of one of the new photos I had taken of him before hitting send waiting for his response as I crunched on a piece of carrot.

Dylan Watson:He looks adorable.

I sent him a smiley face as my keys hovered over the keyboard, instantly he wrote what I had wanted to send but never had the courage.

Dylan Watson:I want to meet you, I want to see your smile, hear your laugh feel you in my arms so bad it hurts.
A smile spread across my face, ‘me too.’

Dylan Watson:Shit! My mates are here, have to go good night Love xx sweet dreams beautiful.

‘haha talk later gorgeous. Sleep well my sweet Prince xx’ once I saw he had logged off I left the chat room. Clicking into my email I composed a new message.

Hey Nev and Max,
I need your help. So there is this guy, I have been talking to him for three years now and we have never met in person. We meet on a social network and hit it off straight away. His name is Dylan Watson, twenty years old and lives in London England. We both want to meet badly but there is a small part of me that is concerned about him not being who he says he is. The reason I have this niggling feeling about something not being right is the fact that in this time period I have only ever spoken to him once or twice on the phone due to him not answering my calls and he very rarely calls me. Also he never video chats EVER and that seems a little strange to me. This is where I need your help, please, I want to know if my Prince Charming is who he says he is. Help me!
Thanks
Elkie Hartigan
♠ ♠ ♠
Esther here with the new chapter for Perfect Strangers.
I will be writing Elkie's Point of View so please tell us what you think, drop a review we would love to hear what you think :)
Thanks to light.me.up for the recommendation hope you enjoy the first chapter.

and to the other three wonderful readers who have subscribed you are all PURR-FECT
cheers Esther xx