Dirty Laundry

Mia

It had been six months since the first time Liam and I kissed – six months of pure happiness and total bliss – and we had kissed countless times since then.

I never thought I’d leave my position taking on cases with Elle for a new one simply handing them out, but Liam had made that choice easy. After kissing him, I couldn’t imagine kissing anyone else ever again, and taking on cases would require much more than that.

“Please tell me you’re planning on wearing that all night,” Liam said as he walked into the bedroom of his lush apartment, where I had been staying more often than not. He was eyeing me up and down as I stood in front of his closet, which was stashed with more of my clothes than his, and admiring the small, silk robe I had put on when I stepped out of the shower.

“If you really want me to go to the restaurant in this, I’d be more than happy to oblige.” I turned around to face him with a smile, and he rested his hands on my hips while he placed a gentle kiss to my lips. Kissing him was like a mix of vanilla, expensive wine and warmth.

“On second thought,” Liam said, kissing me again between words. “I think I’d like to have you all to myself.”

Another kiss on my lips forced out a sigh I didn’t mean to let go, and I leaned my body against his while he wrapped his arms more tightly around me. Before I could pull myself away from Liam, it was ten minutes passed the time we needed to leave to meet our reservation, and I hated being late.

I ended our kiss slowly, because Liam always hated when things were abrupt, and stepped away from him with a gentle smile. “We better get going before they give our table to someone else.”

“I can think of a lot worse things that could happen.” Liam gave me that perfect smile where he only turned up half his face, almost like he was smirking but was too happy to. He placed his hand on my cheek and ran his fingers over my skin once before pushing my hair behind my ears. His smile never fell from his face as he leaned forward and kissed me again.

Liam knew me well enough to know that as soon as he started kissing my neck I’d do anything he wanted, but he never took advantage of it. He always waited for me to tug on the ends of his hair to make his move, and I was doing my best not to do that.

“Let’s get going,” I said as I gave him gentle kisses between each of my words, and each time Liam tried to stop me from pulling away. “I need to get ready.”

Liam stepped away with a smile, running his hand through my hair once while his other hand dropped down to mine and held onto it tightly. “Fine, fine.” He squeezed my hand and placed a singular kiss on my cheek. “I love you so much, Mia. So much.”

“I love you, Liam.” I gave him a soft kiss before stepping away and shooing him with my hands. “Now get out so I can get dressed.”

Liam rolled his eyes but smiled, and walked out of his bedroom with the door shutting gently behind him. I was left alone to slip on whatever dress I could find stashed in Liam’s closet. As I flipped through dress after dress, I came to the conclusion that there was absolutely nothing that I wanted to wear.

With a small smile on my face, I reached to my waist for the belt around my robe and quickly undid it before letting the fabric hit the floor, leaving me standing naked in Liam’s walk-in closet.

“I’m almost ready, Li,” I shouted. “Can you bring me the black shoes by the door?”

Liam didn’t respond, but I could hear the shuffling in the living room, then finally the opening of his bedroom door.

“You just want me to leave them on the bed?”

He was shouting from the doorway, and I nearly laughed at him.

“Just bring them to the closet, please,” I called back. “Thank you.”

His footsteps padded against the soft carpet, but stopped immediately when he reached the closet. He had his mouth hung open and his eyes wide as he looked at my bare skin, and the shoes soon slipped from his fingers.

“What are you doing?” He was staring at me frozen, and it was almost hard for him to speak.

“I’m getting ready,” I said, smiling back as I did a small spin. “You like?”

He nodded his head quickly, biting his lip as he took a step closer to me. “I love.”

After the first step, he froze again, and his eyes were looking me up and down, like he’d never be able to get enough no matter how long he looked.

“Are you just going to stand there?”

Liam didn’t answer, just took two more steps forward and wrapped his hands around my hips, pressing my naked body against his clothed one in an instant. His lips were on mine, kissing me hungrily, and his fingers moving on my skin sent chills down my spine.

I didn’t ever want him to stop kissing me, so I reached my hand up and tugged lightly at his hair, causing him to smile against my lips. He then kissed from my lips to my jaw and all the way down to my collar bone before he used his toned arms to lift me in the air and carry me to the bed.

The two of fell onto the bed clumsily, with Liam doing everything he could to keep his lips attached to any part of my skin he could get them in. The only time he pulled away was to speak in breathless words.

“Should we just order pizza then?” He asked, letting out heavy breaths as he spoke.

I nodded my head quickly, kissing him hard before I spoke. “Pizza sounds good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And Mia gets her happy ending too! She definitely had a bumpy ride but I'm glad she finally made it to the end (;

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this story! I had an amazing time writing with Jewel and I hope that showed in this story!

We would love to know your thoughts and thank you for being such a loyal reader!