Status: First time I've written for a while, bear with me.

Carry You

2

The email came through in the office on a rainy Thursday afternoon. Thea had just come back from lunch when she saw it in her inbox.
One Direction were looking to have a ‘live in’ stylist, preferably with some make up artistry abilities, who would accompany on tours across the globe for the foreseeable future. Their current stylist was leaving on good terms, but she had decided that now was the time to put her family first.
Becca wasn’t allowed to shout at Thea across the office, so she sent her shouty texts instead.
YOU HAVE TO GO FOR THAT JOB! !
Why? So I can find out if Harry Styles is worth all the trouble?
GIRL YOU HATE LIVING IN LONDON!
And living in a bus with One Direction will fix that? I don’t think so.
They shared a look over the room, eyebrows raised and eyes locked, Thea could see Becca sigh.
You take pride in your job. You deserve so much more recognition than you get for what you do. All you have to do is show up and put together something you’d get them to wear for a show. Easy. x
Thea rolled her eyes, and took a second look at the email. It was remarkably simple; five outfits from a given selection of clothing and her best office outfit.
Fine. I’ll do it. X

Thea had never done anything by half. So, after she’d sent off her CV and relevant references to One Direction’s management, she sat down with a pen and paper to watch every video clip of the band that YouTube had to offer her, in order to get a grasp of their individual styles.
She thought long and hard about what she was going to wear to the session. Her best office outfit? What even was that? Smart casual? Or something that would go easily from day to evening wear?
In the end, she chose her favourite skinny jeans and a gorgeous blouse she had fortunately found in a sale because there was no way she could afford it at full price. All black of course. Then she chose the only heeled shoes she knew she’d be able to walk in all day in, and her signature red lip.
Good luck baby g! xxx
Becca’s text came through just as Thea stepped into the studio where the interview, as such, was taking place.
A group of a dozen girls were waiting in the room, each stood at their own table, with identical rails of clothing available to them for styling. The boys of 1D were at the centre of the room, smiling and joking as they always seemed to.
“Ladies,” Niall smiled widely, “we are looking for a stylist, to come on tour with us and to make sure we look our best at every opportunity.”
Liam took a step forward, “We would love whoever we choose at the end of this session to be a part of our madness as soon as possible, so we have a contract written up, ready to go, today.”
“You’ve all got the same set of clothes to choose from, and forty five minutes in which to make your selection,” Harry grinned, “We’ll come round for a chat while you do. Good luck!” he clapped his hands, and the rummaging through clothes racks began.

An hour later, Thea couldn’t help herself from smiling as she signed on the dotted line with an uncharacteristic flourish.
“Welcome to the family!” Louis hugged her tightly; his genuine warmth towards her reassuring her that she’d made the right decision to accept the job.
Becca had been right when she had said that Thea hated living in London; the streets that had once been her world with Thomas now just threw all the memories back in her face. They had been together for so long that there really wasn’t anywhere in the city that they hadn’t been.
She was sick of it. Sick of feeling sad, sick of waiting for him to come back when she knew he wasn’t ever going to and most of all, she was sick of the pitying looks everyone gave her.
This new job gave her a way out from all of it.
Thea couldn’t wait to pack her bags and board that bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/first_impressions/set?id=95160603 - Thea's 'interview' outfit.