Status: This is set in the 'YOU' look, as if you're describing yourself. Orea (you) is a girl. I do hope you like this story and will enjoy it!

His Maid, Her Butler

Her Butler, Throwing a Party

Orea refused to let you go with Ciel. It was his birthday and Elizabeth was to be over and you were tired of getting all of the preparations together.

“You are going to help Elizabeth set up,” Orea said under her breath so that no one else would hear. “Not I.”

You stared at her hard. “I think not.”

Clenching her fist, Orea watched as Mey-Rin and Finny brought in a large box. “I may be a servant around here, but I deserve a time to where I am not running about. With Ciel, at least I would be able to distract him.”

You chuckled. “And how do you plan to do that?” you asked.

“He is suppose to see Mr. Lau today, am I correct?” she said.

“Yes.” You had a bad feeling about what she might be thinking.

Staring at all the boxes that had been brought in, she grinned. “I do not think Lau will let Ciel out quite so easily, enough though he seems to get on his nerves. Soma will be there as well, tagging along and wishing to see everything.” She glanced back at you. “It should be fairly easy to make time.”

Sighing heavily, you brushed a strand of hair from your face. “Alright then. I will inform the young master that I will not be accompanying him this afternoon due to an urgent upset; is that fine with you?”

Orea nodded. “Perfectly fine.”

Leaving the adjoining room of the kitchen, you found Ciel in the library, absentmindedly playing with his pen. Knocking, you entered and stood before him. “What is it Sebastian?” Ciel asked, telling something was off.

You bowed apologetically. “I am sorry, sir, but I will not be accompanying you this afternoon. There is some unfinished business here at the manor that I must attend you. Orea has graciously accepted to take my place.”

Ciel sat up straight, almost falling out of his seat. “Why is this? Cannot Orea or the others take care of this ‘business’?”

You shook your head. “No, sir. It requires my abilities.”

Heaving a sigh, Ciel stood and looked out the window. “Very well then; I will allow Orea to accompany Soma and myself today.”
“I will let her know; please excuse me.” Dismissing yourself with a bow, you left the library and returned to the kitchen to find it in a bustle of confusion.

Elizabeth was rummaging around in one of the boxes, shaking her head fiercely. Orea stood to the side, a stressed expression on her face. “No, no, no! Did you not hear what I said? I wanted a cute pink and blue tablecloth and matching napkins; and the décor for the centerpiece is wrong as well.”

“I could not get that ordered, Lady Elizabeth,” replied Orea, trying to hold her anger back. “I was able to get the best I could, the baby blue napkins with a chiffon pink tablecloth.”

Snake appeared at the doorway as all of this was going on. He was always quiet, running here and there for Ciel and never hardly seen anymore. Stepping into the room, he bowed to Elizabeth. “Might I be of service?” he asked.

Elizabeth turned, holding a blue napkin in her hand. “Yes; I want you to run into town with Paula and pick up the rest of the items for today.”

“And the table arrangement, my lady?” Paula asked, standing next to Snake.

Sighing, Elizabeth waved a dismissive hand. “Do not worry about it, we will make do.”

Nodding, Snake and Paula left for their errand. You said nothing as this all transpired, no one having noticed you had arrived. You turned to leave and ran into Mey-Rin, who dropped a pile of objects.

“Oh no!” she cried, picking them up frantically.

You stooped and picked up the rest; they were roles of streamers, having now come undone by the fall. Mey-Rin blushed and watched as you took the box from her hands and began to re-roll them.

“Thank…thank-you, Mr. Sebastian,” said Mey-Rin, still watching you.

Orea glanced your way, her appearance softening. “You have arrived, right on time.” Rubbing her hands together anxiously, she headed for the door. “I will be on my way now.” She cast a side-long look at you. “Have fun with the decorations.”

You grinned in annoyance. “Yes, I shall.”

Hearing those words, she left and you were still in the presence of a stressed Elizabeth and a dazed Mey-Rin. You worked quietly, letting Elizabeth vent behind you by tossing her purse around the room.

“Why can I not have his birthday perfect for once, a party where he is not pushing at me not to have one?” Tossing the purse at the kitchen door, Edward walked in and it smacked him right in the face. Realizing what had happened, she ran to her brother. “Edward!”

Edward was bent over, gripping his head. You and Mey-Rin ran to his side. “Lord Edward, are you alright?”

Edward nodded, straightening himself. A pink discoloration was to the left side of his eye. “I am fine, do no worry, it was only a scratch.”

Elizabeth stared at the mark. Reaching out, she touched it, making him wince. “It seems more than just a scratch.”

“Let me get you some ice.” Filling a small cloth bag, you handed it to Edward who had seated himself at the table.

“Thank-you,” he said, taking it from you and applying it to his face.

Elizabeth sat down next to him, feeling sorry for her actions. “I did not mean for it to hit you, I didn’t know you were going to come through the door right at that moment. I was upset over some of the party decorations and I sort of threw a fit. I’m sorry, Edward.”

He stared at his sister without hesitation. “It is alright, Elizabeth. I will be fine, though I suggest you stop throwing fits; you are seventeen for crying out loud!”

Elizabeth bowed her head. “I suppose you are right, I do need to act more of my age.”

You brought Edward a cup of tea as well as Elizabeth. Smiling, you offered your services to Elizabeth. “If I may, I will begin in the drawing room and work through the foyer and the dinning room; is that acceptable, my lady?”

Elizabeth clapped her hands together, her eyes sparkling. “That is wonderful, Sebastian!”

“Then if you will excuse me, I will begin the preparations.” Walking out the door, leaving their care to Mey-Rin, your smiling face frowned. “Such a lady needs to learn her place,” you complained, entering the drawing room.

You froze when you saw who was sitting on the loveseat. Playing with some of the many snakes that roamed the manor, Lau and Ran-Mau were content. Brow furrowing in frustration, you entered and nodded a bow to each of them. “What brings you here?” you asked, removing the snakes from the room.

“We came for the party of course,” replied Lau. “Is that not right Ran-Mau?”

She nodded and stretched herself out on him and the rest of the loveseat. You were disgusted with their behavior, but you went to work anyway. They did not bother you as you worked, stringing the room with streamers and decorating it in the rest of the odds and ends items Elizabeth had requested as well as Christmas décor. You were able to match everything to where it set a pleasant picture on the eye; not too frilly yet not overly boring. Excusing yourself from Lau and Ran-Mau’s presence you proceed to the foyer. Lau stopped you on your way out.

“Have you been watching that girl?” he asked, smiling.

You turned to look at him. “I am sorry, but I do not know as to whom you are speaking about.”

Lau chuckled, tilting Ran-Mau’s face to his. “That Head maid of yours; she’s an interesting one, she is. Enshrouded in mystery and sealing her lips of the truth, she is hiding more than she says to be.”

You stood there, unmoving as his words played in your head. “I appreciate your concern, Mr. Lau, but I will not be going and sticking my nose into an affair that I am unwanted of knowing without a say so from my master.”

Lau cast you a glance and chuckled. “I’m sorry, what are we talking about?”

Ready to slap him, you left the drawing room and fixed up the foyer with more streamers and Christmas decorations. The rest of your afternoon was bleak; Paula and Snake returned from their errand and you were able to finish the decorating in the dinning room. Elizabeth inspected your work, dragging along Edward who looked about as thrilled to be there as you did. She beamed with delight as she saw the rooms all set with the supplies.

“It is magnificent, thank-you so much, Sebastian!” Elizabeth said.

“How am I to refuse a request from you, my lady?” You returned her words with a smile.

The door opened behind you and Bard and Finny brought in two large boxes. “Here’s the cake, Sebastian.” Placing the box on the table, Bard grabbed the lid and pulled it off, revealing a white cake decorated in blue roses.

“It’s beautiful,” complimented Finny. “It’s almost too beautiful to eat.”

“It does look delicious,” said Lau, appearing out of nowhere, Ran-Mau at his side.

Elizabeth clapped her hands in delight. “It turned out perfectly! Oh, I am so happy!”

Picking up a party hat, Elizabeth placed it on Tanaka’s head and giggled. All of you stood around, nothing left to do. Mey-Rin brought in the punch once it was made up and the rest of the table was set. After several close calls, you heard the front doors open and you bade everyone be quiet. You could hear Soma’s oo’s and ah’s as he ran around the foyer; you could also picture Ciel’s face, mad as ever. The knob on the door rattled and a moment later Orea, Ciel, Soma and Agni entered the dinning room.

“Surprise!” Everyone jumped from their hiding spots and out into the open.

Ciel tried hard to keep from frowning; his smile looking weak and pathetic. “Elizabeth, I said you did not need to do anything for me.”

Elizabeth flung herself at Ciel, wrapping her arms around his neck in an attempt to hug him. Her mouth formed in a fish-face. “Oh, boo! I wanted to, and that is that.”
Not begin able to argue further, Ciel sighed and was escorted to his seat. Elizabeth made everyone sit around the table, though it was only suppose to be the higher-ups. Receiving permission from Ciel, all of the staff sat on one side and the high society on the other. You and Orea served until everyone had what they wanted.

“Isn’t this all just so cute!” Elizabeth squealed, her face beaming.

“It is a wonderful party, Lady Elizabeth,” replied Mey-Rin, plodding her mouth with a napkin.

“You outdo yourself as always, Lizzy,” Ciel stated, playing with his piece of cake.

Edward watched the two of them silently. The rest of the evening was boisterous as ever. After cake everyone gathered in the foyer and you struck up a tune on the violin. Orea was mesmerized by your skills, it was like you were playing a magical tune that would make even the unseen fairies dance. Soma and Mey-Rin spun around the dance floor, giggling as they got dizzier and dizzier. Ciel and Elizabeth were off towards a corner in a waltz and Lau and Ran-Mau were playing patty-cake near the stairs. Snake was spinning Paula around and around, making her giggle so hard her face was red. Finny and Bard were doing some odd sizing up match and Tanaka was behind you on the top of the stairs, sipping tea. Agni and Edward stood next to Orea, quietly watching the scene. They both kept eyeing her, wanting to ask her to dance, but they were too afraid to. That made her chuckle, startling them.

“Something amuse you?” Edward asked, a confused look on his face.

She grinned and waved her hand. “It is nothing, I am sorry I let that escape me.”

Agni and Edward shared a look and went back to watching the partners. You played on and on, the music soothing and making Orea sway to it, her eyes became heavy. She stumbled a time or two, Agni and Edward catching her by the arms. She kept telling them she was fine, but she were actually being put to sleep by your playing. Stumbling once more, she fell over onto the stairs, completely out of it. You stopped playing and everyone rushed to her side.

“Oh my, she must have had a very taxing day,” said Elizabeth, standing over her.

“Soma made her run all over this afternoon,” Ciel added in.

“I did not!” Soma yelled at him.

“Excuse me.” Picking her up, you took her to her room.

She knew none of this; laying her on her bed, your eyes glowed red. You were trying to get a read on her, but nothing was working. A sharp pain shooting through your leg, you stopped and gazed at her sleeping form. “A lovely creature; you interest me a great deal, Orea.” Exiting out the door, you let her be.