Status: This is set in the 'YOU' look, as if you're describing yourself. Orea (you) is a girl. I do hope you like this story and will enjoy it!

His Maid, Her Butler

Her Butler, A New Life

You watched Orea as she entered your room. She fascinated you immensely; a creature of death, one that had a scent that was irresistible, and now she was yours. You were now able to explore that curious field that lay before you, all without interference. You went around the house and tidied it up, making it suitable to a woman’s taste. Orea’s clothes hung over the clothes line you had hung in the corner; you inspected them for damage. Seeing none, you looked around for any extras left over. You noticed the large book on the table. Picking it up, you flipped through it; your eyes widened. It was the Records book. The people listed were ones that were to die and many were already judged unfit to move on; a thought came to you as you read through her book, what if that was your compromise?

You thought about it long into the early hours of the morning. ‘If I were to only take those souls which are being sent to the abyss, I would not have to take a soul at random. The Grim Reapers judge whether they are fit for life after, an extended life on earth, or if they are unfit for the life after.’ You grinned menacingly. ‘To me, a few souls that were already heading deep within should not be missed.’

Shutting the book, you placed it amongst her other few belongings and opened the door to your room quietly. Orea was sound asleep as you snuck in; she was curled comfortably into a ball, making you smile. Lying down next to her, you watched her sleep; demons had no use for slumber.

You wrapped yourself around her and stroked her head. “Light shadowed by darkness; I bring you into this fate, master and servant to each other. We are equal yet unmatched.” You closed your eyes and breathed in her scent. “Such a delicious morsel, I wish I had eaten her soul.” Bringing your hand to a rest on her waist, you waited until daybreak.

Orea squirmed around as she woke, trying to stretch. She opened her eyes to find you lying beside her, a watchful gaze placed upon her.

She was wide awake in an instant. “What are you doing in here?”

You reached out a hand and stroked her cheek. “I did mark you last night, is it not right that I should be here?”

She shook her head violently. “No!” she shrieked. “The only way I will allow you to be near me like this is if you mate me properly. That is, marriage.” She peeked at you over the covers.

“Then if I were to take you to the church on the square today and have the priest marry us, you would do that?” you asked, sitting up on one arm, staring straight into her eyes.

She hesitated. Pulling the covers away from her face, she sat up and wrung her hands. “Well,” she said. “I do not know about today.”

“What do you mean?” you asked.

“I am not ready for this, at all.” Orea stared back at you, her eyes locked directly with yours. “I wish for some time to prepare.”

You nodded, understanding. “I will give you three days. Meet me at the church by sunset, then,” you said, reaching out to her and taking her hand, “you’re mine.”

“Three days!” stammered Orea. She mumbled to herself as she thought it over. Finally coming to a conclusion, she placed her other hand on top of yours. “Three days it is then.”

“I will speak of our contract then as well,” you stated, rolling over and getting to your feet.

“Our contract?” questioned Orea. “Why would we need a contract?”

You put your face inches from hers. “We are two different beings, there must be a compromise.”

Orea’s cheeks turned a dark shade of pink. You grinned slyly and went to the door. “Depart as soon as you are packed.” Leaving Orea to herself, you made way for the next seventy-two hours.