Status: This is set in the 'YOU' look, as if you're describing yourself. Orea (you) is a girl. I do hope you like this story and will enjoy it!

His Maid, Her Butler

Her Butler, Back to Work

Ciel rang the bell for you from the library. You sighed; he had been doing this every few hours. As you walked up the stairs you thought over the conference Ciel had had with you and Orea.

After returning that night, Ciel had asked an audience with the two of you.

“I have something to ask of you,” he said, staring out the window. Orea and you shared a glance. “What now has transpired, I ask that it not interfere with your duties. You are my servants, and I expect you to act like one while you are in employment here.

“As you wish, sir,” the two of you answered together.

You knocked on the door and entered after hearing him call you in. Entering, he sat at his desk, a bored expression on his face. “You rang, sir?” you said.

“Yes.” Standing, he stared out the window. “I would like to go out to visit with Lau about some items he has been trading.”

“I will get the carriage ready immediately.” Bowing, you left the room.

“Wait, Sebastian,” Ciel said as you were about to shut the door.

“Yes, sir?” You waited for his words.

“I do hope you understand my words. I do not want to take away what you have, though I have no idea of love, but you are my butler and my contracted demon; I expect you to be on call at every minute of every day until our contract is finished and you devour my soul.” Ciel stood in silence as his words settled.

You smiled deviously, eyes glowing red. “Of course sir, I will be here always, until the day I devour your splendid soul.”

He gave you a sidelong look. Exiting, you hurried to the stable to get the horses hitched and the wagon together. Orea ran into you as you were leaving out the back door. Her arms were full of vegetables; Finny was behind her with more.

“Sorry!” she said. Looking up, she froze, a blush on her face.

“It is alright.” Smiling, you let her pass and went on your way.

It did not take you long with Snake’s help to hitch the horses to the carriage and bring it around. Ciel waited by the entrance with Mey-Rin at his side. He climbed in after you opened the door of the carriage and you set off. It was a quiet ride; many things were on Ciel’s mind other than the new found fact of Orea and yourself. Elizabeth had recently visited and had had a melt down. Her father was ill and her brother had recently gone off to college, so the only ones at her home were herself and her mother, who was rarely at home in the day. Paula had tried to comfort her over and over again, finding ways to entertain her, but they had not worked. The houses rolled by and the darker side of town showed itself. You pulled up outside of Lau’s shop and allowed Ciel to enter. The room was filled with smoke and men and pallets; Lau sat at the head, women surrounding him.

“Ah, nice to see you Earl Phantomhive!” greeted Lau; Ran-Mao sat on his lap like a little dog.

“Hello, Lau,” replied Ciel.

Taking a puff from the tub in his hand, he smiled. “What brings you here?”

Ciel looked around suspiciously. Getting the idea quickly, he waved the other women away and he and Ran-Mao led you to a room upstairs. Once settled, Ciel brought up his situation. “I would like to know more about that large shipment you brought in last month. I hear it contained some valuable items.”

Lau smiled deviously. “Ah, yes, that shipment.” He stroked Ran-Mao’s leg. Two men entered behind you with a crate between them. They set it down in your circle and left. Standing, Lau lifted the lid and pulled out a Chinese Happy Cat. Ciel looked ready to punch him.

“What is with this nonsense?” he asked in annoyance.

“Do not be deceived by the outside appearance.” Lifting it above his head, Lau threw it onto the floor. It shattered loudly and amidst the shards of ceramic was a fine white powder. “This is what you are looking for.”

Ciel motioned for you to inspect it. Reaching down, you swiped your finger through it and brought it to your nose to smell it. You were surprised to what you found. “Sir, it is hard candy powder.”

Ciel was really annoyed now. “What is the meaning of this, Lau? I came to see if you had that powdered drug that has recently been transported over, and since you are part of the Underworld, I thought you might be handling it. I was to look into it for the Queen, but it seems you do not have it.”

Lau laughed at his little speech. “I like this powder much better in my tea; it makes it taste better than that sewage biting powder that you are talking about.”

“So you do know of it,” said Ciel, looking hopeful.

Lau’s face went blank. “Know if what?” he asked.

Ciel smacked his head with his hand. “You are a hopeless moron. Why am I even here?”

Lau frowned. “I am sorry I could not be of service, but if anything comes in I will be sure to let you know.” He sat back down on the couch and Ran-Mao wrapped herself around him.
Ciel stood and you opened the door for him. “You do that.” Leaving on those words, you returned to the carriage and went on to another stop.

Ciel instructed you to go to a higher end of town, where his uncle lived at this time. The house where he lived was of a larger size, but not as big as Ciel’s manor, for he was never at home for long. The footman opened the door for you and led you to the library where his uncle was playing darts.

“Ah! Ciel, welcome!” Chlaus tossed another dart at the wall. It stuck in the wall instead of the target, making him a bit upset.

“Hello Uncle,” answered Ciel, coming to stand by him.

“What brings you here my boy?” Chlaus asked, pulling the dart from the wall.

“I was in the neighborhood and decided to pop in” Ciel rested himself in one of the chairs and stared at his uncle.

Chlaus turned to look at him seriously. “There is something else you want from me is there not?” He twiddled with the darts in his hand.

Ciel grinned slyly. “There is a new item I want in my possession and I was wondering if you could obtain it for me.”

He pondered over it for a while. “Alright, where is it?” He looked Ciel dead in the eye.

“India,” replied Ciel.

Chlaus nodded and settled a dart in his hand; throwing it, it hit dead center. “I will head out as soon as possible. I have been wanting to go back for a while; there is a new food spot I have wanted to try.”

“That is splendid.” Ciel glanced up at you.

You nodded, understanding him without words, and walked out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind yourself. It gave you a while to think while Ciel and his uncle discussed plans inside. You were to start a family now and you had to let Ciel know in some way that he would not get angry. Blushing, you shook your head with a laugh. “Little feet. I never thought I would see the day when small children would be in the Phantomhive home, let alone my own. I have been alive many years and none of this ever occurred to me. I will have to prepare myself for this new area of life as well.” Standing with your arms behind your back, you continued to wait.